Mobile, AL

Forest Hill Elementary School 0

Posted October 20, 2009
The faculty and many parents work incredibly hard to make this a great school for children. The cafeteria staff go the extra mile as well.It isn't easy in a state where funds for education have been cut to the point where it is heart-breaking.

Posted January 12, 2006
Well i must say that Forest hill has been a home away from home we lost our home to katrina and forest hill took us in with open arms and the quality of school is wonderful,the teachers are awesome i have two children in school grades 2nd and 3rd and both of them are in 'PACE' I can not express how i am proud to say that the staff and community as a whole is a very close nit wonderful place, I love the fact that my children are excited to learn about diffrent aspects and qualitys and behavious of diffrent children to me this is a key part of a great education 'TOLERANCE!' Good job Mrs kerns and all the hard working staff! May we all continue to strive and grow and Learn Learn Learn! The Khan Family

Posted October 22, 2004
This is the first year of attendance for my kids at Forest Hill. So far I am satisfied with what the teachers are doing to help my children learn. I have noticed that they focus more on parent involvement than the last school they attended. About the traffic: The school has a good organized system working with the arrival and dismissal of the children. Sometimes the traffic can get heavy on Moffatt road, but once you're in there, there's no problem getting out because of the great crossing guard. It looks as though a street will be ran on the side of the school to help alleviate traffic. Overall, this school is working out pretty good for both me and my children

Posted August 21, 2004
This is the first year my grandson has attended Forest Hill Elem. So far I am very pleased with his kindergarten teacher Ms. Malone. She is very informative with homework, newsletters and things that are going on in the school. My only complaint about the school is the dismissal of students in the afternoon. I hope that the school will come up with a better system for picking up students. Overall I think Forest Hill is a great School. As long as my grandson is happy and safe in school as well as learning then I'm happy.

Posted June 01, 2004
I would like to responsd to a previous comment. The teachers at Forest Hill are some of the hardest working educators in the state. They arrive at work early and stay until sundown. In addition to this, they use most of their summer going to workshops and college to help every Forest Hill student become successful. Last, if a child does well in school, the parents should share the glory. On the other hand, if a child does poorly in school, the parents should share the blame. Every parent should ask themselves constantly, 'Am I doing enough to assist my child(ren)'s instructors?' The Forest Hill faculty is top notch and I support them 150 per cent. Keep performing your academic mircles. This parent appreciates all of your efforts.

Forest Hill Elementary School 3

Posted April 14, 2004
in short, I do not like this school! 1. they make you supply everything just about for the school. 2. they say you can't do something then I see half the school braking the rules. 3. my child is assulted at school and racial slurs being told to him and myself and they do nothing to stop it. in my neighorhood my two kids are the only ones that go here, out of at least 20-24 kids in the neighborhood, all others go to private or are bused out,........gee I wonder why! I was warned by parents in the area and now I know why. I should have listened. My daughter was getting Cs and Ds, granted she was not a straight A student, but after moving here, and with the help of the school is now a straight F student,that's with tutering twice a wk thanks for nothing.

Posted March 15, 2004
Mrs. Mangurm is an excellent third grade teacher and Mrs. Gibson is the best PACE teacher I know. Keep up the good work!!

Posted January 05, 2004
I am glad I chose this school for my son. He's really reading alot. He loves his teacher. She works well with the kids in her class. Ms. Cherniak is a great 2nd grade teacher.

Forest Hill Elementary School
4501 Moffett Rd, Mobile, AL  36618
Last modified Forest Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forest Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top