Mobile, AL

Posted January 09, 2015
It is a great school and it a great learning environment. You have to have a 70 or above. Also every class is advanced. You will never be bored here. So I hope you come out to See and sign on Friday, January 9th and Saturday, January 10th. See you there!

Posted January 05, 2015
The teachers are always helpful when a student needs help! All the teachers are just so great and help their students to their full ability.

Posted April 04, 2014
Clark Shaw Magnet is one of the best schools in Mobile County. People that have already went to Clark are thanking the teachers and their curriculm. Clark Shaw Magent ha a variety of classes.Clark shaw is seriously a really good School to go,but the upcoming child that goes to Clark need to put effort in actually learning.

Clark Shaw Magnet School 1

Posted August 09, 2013
not good. no teacher help, at least 2 tests each subject every week. no communication between parents and teachers. kids get in trouble too easy. this school is not good.

Posted December 20, 2012
I am very proud that my son attends this school. I feel he is safe and encouraged by the staff. The school is strict but not impossible by any means. My son is happy and proud of his success. If your child is interested in learning you should apply.

Posted November 03, 2012
Mobile has Magnet Schools. IT DOESN"T MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE, anyone residing in or around Mobile can attend any magnet school as long as they meet the requirements and their application is accepted. The magnet schools then teach at an accelerated level. Once accepted you must maintain a 60% average and cannot be a discipline problem. If you are removed from the program you simply attend your regularly assigned school. Parents are strongly encouraged to be active in their children's education. We monitor progress by talking to our kids and we can check their grades online at any time. We had a rough spot last year in math but between Saturday school and tutoring, the class average came up to 93%. If you are willing to put forth effort and really want to learn, the teachers and staff will do everything they can to help you. My children live for the engineering and robotic classes. The emphasis on engineerng is why Clark was our first choice of magnet school. Other schools emphasize humanities or performing arts, but our kids have always loved taking things apart and seeing how they work. They study harder because they enjoy the lessons. It's not work, it's play!

Posted August 12, 2012
We LOVE LOVE LOVE Clark!! Great school with really good teachers. The students have lots of fun. They are have to meet grade requirements and the school is strict and I think its great. It pushes the students to do their best. And they WILL absolutely help if you seek it out.

Posted June 25, 2012
This school is great. It teaches good discipline and work ethic. I do not reccomend Causey or Phillips. If you find this school too strict or too "spirit breaking" you should try Dunbar. I honestly believe this school is great and the teachers are the best. They will help your child if your child is failing. If your grade drops below a 60 then you will have to leave. But, of course, it is a magnet school. I think that this school is worth your time. You should check into this school or at least read some more reviews on other sites.

Posted June 17, 2012
My daughters attended Clark and did well. I read all of the negative things that was said about the school. We have to teach our children that they are going to have rules everywhere you go. That's life!!! I am glad that they were strict and had high standards for our students. It's going to take that and more for them to make it in this world today. Right now you may/may not appreciate it, but one day you will.

Clark Shaw Magnet School 1

Posted March 12, 2012
Yes they do kick your child out for their grade dropping and they will say they wish they new their grades were low she would have sent them to saturday school but this is after they tell you to pull them out they dont care about the kids no love there and very prejudice

Clark Shaw Magnet School
5960 Arlberg St., Mobile, AL  36608
Last modified Clark Shaw Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clark Shaw Magnet School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top