Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted July 15, 2015
I am very glad I chose to attend Phillips. At first in sixth grade it was very different and pretty hard, but as time went by, I got used to it. It is challenging sometimes, but it is worth it in the end. Phillips is an amazing school! The band is also very amazing.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 15, 2015
Phillips is an amazing school. I was an eighth grader last year and I loved it. I feel very prepared for highschool. I am very glad that I chose to go to Phillips over an ordinary middle school because I feel like I wouldn't have been challenged the way I was at Phillips. At Phillips you will be challenged and sometimes it's hard, but it is well worth it when you "graduate" in eighth grade. This isn't the type of school you can just fool around in class and expect to pass.

Posted November 23, 2011
im a seventh grader at Phillips and i am in love with this school!! i went to PPS for sixth grade and i plan on staying for eighth grade. i cant put in to words how amazing this school is and how much it means to me. phillips is a blue ribbon school and is rated 1st of all the public middle schools in the state of Alabama. This school provides any student with an education that no other school can. PPS also has football,volleyball, basketball, and track teams and of course cheerleading. There is fine arts such as band, chorus, and drama. Students are able to go to after school "help sessions" for any subject they have trouble with. PPS truely is the best in Alabama.

Posted February 23, 2011
Love this school! I had a son that graduated from PPS in 2007. I now have a son that is in the 6th grade at PPS. I can not say enough wonderful things about this school....the teachers are highly qualified and are vested in my child's learning. The administrative staff wants our children to excel. Lots of people complain about the amount of homework. My children have never had more than an hour of homework per evening. The students can only have a max of 2 tests per day. This school was named the top middle school in the state in 2004. 100% of their students passed the Alabama Science Test. 97% of their students passed the ARMT. Phillips prepares students well academically and socially.

Posted April 29, 2010
I attended PPS for sixth, seventh, and eighth grade. I made straight A's, was a student ambassador all three years, a cheerleader, part of the yearbook staff, part of Fellowship of Christian Athletes, in the history club, a math tutor, and a part of the Enrichment Lab. I took part in the eighth grade community service project. I was in the talent show, and I took French all three years, where I had the opportunity to take the National Test and placed!! I can not explain what a huge part this school played in my success not only academicaly, but in the community and the dance studio. There is no better school in the world to me.

Phillips Preparatory Middle School 1

Posted February 11, 2010
phillips prepartory school is 1 of the best schools 4 kids who are very smart and are willing to execpt a challenge. the work at phillips is extremnly to hard and I went from making As to making Es i was very sad and i barley passed

Posted November 29, 2009
I think this school is not a good school at all. they not only need to change the office staff but show some of the teachers how to teach.

Posted October 14, 2009
This school is great because they teach a wide variety of subjects and really make the children want to learn. My daughter loved her Chinese class and is speaking it like a pro.

Posted August 22, 2009
I am currently a 9th grader at Davidson High School. I went to Phillips for all 3 years. It is the best middle school and it prepared me so much for high school. Even though I'm a warrior now, I still feel like a pirate!

Posted July 03, 2009
I am currently an eighth grader here at phillips. Phillips taught me more things than I could imagine. Being a straight A student i have found that it takes dicipline to acheive here, but its well worthwhile. Thank You for reading my review. -

3255 Old Shell Rd, Mobile, AL  36607
Last modified Phillips Preparatory Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.