Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Too busy talking among themselves in the morning rather than in the school teaching the students.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

You cannot teach students fairness when you behave in an angry belligerent manner to them in front of other parents and students. No fairness, integrity or honesty....just angry, hateful, rude behavior.

Rude staff. They are hateful to new parents going there, even to the point of screaming at them in front of a kindergarten child! Will never go back! (I went there as a child and it was never that bad in the 60s...was a great school then with a great staff).

We moved to the midtown area and were astounded at how bad Westlawn school was. I was told that I can not come up to the school and eat lunch with my sons. They thought it might make the other kids feel bad. Whats worse is that my son was beat up several times. The school said that they didnt know what happened. I have pictures of the bruises. Needless to say - we had to send the kids to a private school. Its really the only option if you live in midtown. I love the area. But do yourself a favor if you can afford it there are plenty of private school options in midtown. I wonder why that is!

Great School!!! and Ms. Law is excellent teacher... My kid love this school...the school leadership and use academic program...

My child has been going to school here since 2nd grade. I feel as though he/she was not prepared for fourth grade and everything he/she is struggling with this year shld hv been learned last year. The test scores in reading are very poor and math as well.

Westlawn is a very great school my kids love it as well as I do. The teachers are great.Mrs.Cooper is wonderful,my daughter loves her as well as Mrs.Mather and the rest of the staff.

As a mother who has had a child at Westlawn elementary from K-5 thru Fifth grade I would have to agree that Westlawn is a great school. I can also say that each school year has become progressively better as they have sought to find more innovative ways to make sure that no child is left behind resources such as afterschool tutoring, math night, and winning word of the week. There are also many extra curricular activities such as Ballet, Violin Piano, boys and girl scouts to name a few. Though I do feel the principal could work to be more touchable, I do not in any way find her to be incompetent. I have also been happy and confident that each of my child's teachers were committed to her academic success. I find the environment conducive to a positive learning environment.

Westlawn is a wonderful school where students can express themselves in a positive manner. The faculty & staff takes interest in all students' academic success and encourages positive behavior through various means, such as PTA Citizen of the Month, Student Council, Tigerettes (Academic Spirit Squad), TIES (Boys Mentoring Program) and Tiger Lilies (Girls Mentoring Program) Currently, I have two children still attending Westlawn and two other children who graduated from Westlawn. I always felt Westlawn was the best choice for my children's educational foundation. Principal, L. Finley expresses her warm & loving spirit to all her students by encouraging them to read something every night; this include weekends, holidays and spring & summer breaks. There are so many I could name but the list would be entirely too long, therefore, I will say this: 'Keep up the good job Westlawn Tigers and roar once again to AYP success!'

Last modified Westlawn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.