Mobile, AL

Westlawn Elementary School 1

Posted November 07, 2014
We moved to the midtown area and were astounded at how bad Westlawn school was. I was told that I can not come up to the school and eat lunch with my sons. They thought it might make the other kids feel bad. Whats worse is that my son was beat up several times. The school said that they didnt know what happened. I have pictures of the bruises. Needless to say - we had to send the kids to a private school. Its really the only option if you live in midtown. I love the area. But do yourself a favor if you can afford it there are plenty of private school options in midtown. I wonder why that is!

Westlawn Elementary School 5

Posted March 14, 2011
Great School!!! and Ms. Law is excellent teacher... My kid love this school...the school leadership and use academic program...

Posted March 23, 2010

Westlawn Elementary School 2

Posted March 13, 2009
My child has been going to school here since 2nd grade. I feel as though he/she was not prepared for fourth grade and everything he/she is struggling with this year shld hv been learned last year. The test scores in reading are very poor and math as well.

Posted December 29, 2008
Westlawn is a very great school my kids love it as well as I do. The teachers are great.Mrs.Cooper is wonderful,my daughter loves her as well as Mrs.Mather and the rest of the staff.

Posted September 29, 2008
As a mother who has had a child at Westlawn elementary from K-5 thru Fifth grade I would have to agree that Westlawn is a great school. I can also say that each school year has become progressively better as they have sought to find more innovative ways to make sure that no child is left behind resources such as afterschool tutoring, math night, and winning word of the week. There are also many extra curricular activities such as Ballet, Violin Piano, boys and girl scouts to name a few. Though I do feel the principal could work to be more touchable, I do not in any way find her to be incompetent. I have also been happy and confident that each of my child's teachers were committed to her academic success. I find the environment conducive to a positive learning environment.

Westlawn Elementary School 5

Posted November 16, 2006
Westlawn is a wonderful school where students can express themselves in a positive manner. The faculty & staff takes interest in all students' academic success and encourages positive behavior through various means, such as PTA Citizen of the Month, Student Council, Tigerettes (Academic Spirit Squad), TIES (Boys Mentoring Program) and Tiger Lilies (Girls Mentoring Program) Currently, I have two children still attending Westlawn and two other children who graduated from Westlawn. I always felt Westlawn was the best choice for my children's educational foundation. Principal, L. Finley expresses her warm & loving spirit to all her students by encouraging them to read something every night; this include weekends, holidays and spring & summer breaks. There are so many I could name but the list would be entirely too long, therefore, I will say this: 'Keep up the good job Westlawn Tigers and roar once again to AYP success!'

Westlawn Elementary School 2

Posted April 01, 2006

Westlawn Elementary School 3

Posted September 23, 2005
my son's teacher mrs.cheyette is an excellent teacher who has taken extra interest and helped out my son with his learning she is exceptional and is a wonderful kindergarten teacher. the only problem there is the student pick no coordination what so ever and student safety! and the majority of the teachers are very very rude they forget because of our children they have work. and if they really cared they would take better precautions.

Westlawn Elementary School 1

Posted August 25, 2005
The quality of the education my child has been getting here is scary compared to the schools around it. The principal I find neither helpful or competent in her work. She is some of the source to the schools problems. The children here are both unruly and disrespectful to all authority personal. I find no reason to tell people about this school except not to come.

Westlawn Elementary School
3071 Ralston Rd, Mobile, AL  36606
Last modified Westlawn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westlawn Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top