PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

I attended St. Ignatius and now my children do. It has been a great experience for us from Preschool through 8th grade. The educational experience is top notch. The teachers and administration are caring and wonderful educators who truly care about each child as an individual. There is a family atmosphere at St. Ignatius that makes everyone feel welcome!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They only care about the wealthy families! It was once a great school but since the principal that is currently there has been in charge the school is horrible!

This school does NOTHING about bullying! Unless your child is from a wealthy family! The principal is a Puppet!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Experience and living it for a year, both in the church atmosphere and the school.

My kids went here in preschool I had one in 3K and one in 4k and the 3 year old had a great class and a great teacher shouts out to Mrs Vicki! !! But my 4 year old had a horrible teacher she would come home everyday telling me how mean and horrible this lady was! So one day I dropped my kid off late and stood outside the class and I could hear charlotte yelling at my kid! Yeah thats right she doesn't deserve to have Mrs in front her name I immediately told the principal and nothing was done to her so I transferred my kids to another school I dont see how a teacher like that is allowed to teach little kids she just comes across as too tall and scary to me and preschool teachers are supposed to be warm fuzzy not scary and mean! She had a nice aide who was nothing like her who she did not appreciate! Its hard to find good teacher's for small kids!

St. Ignatius is such a wonderful warm place for children to grow up and grow with God. The teachers and staff are always willing to help and they welcome parent involvement in everything. They also stress students needing to grow to be independent people. My children have grown up at St. Ignatius. I would not trade this experience for them for any other.

My children have been at St. Ignatius since K3 and now are in 4th and 1st grades. I can't speak highly enough about the school. The principal, Mr. Blackburn is unbelievable and is always available. The teachers are great and the Catholic community feeling you have is just wonderful. My kids love their school!

We moved here from out of state and have two daughters who attend St. Ignatius. Do not pay attention to the "teacher" who wrote a review in 8/13. There are no teachers at the school who would write so poorly. The principal, Mr. Blackburn, is wonderful! The teachers really care about your children and are willing to go above and beyond what is required of them. Just yesterday, I was able to attend a Math Help session after school with my daughter and her class. Not every teacher would be willing to give up her time like that. As for being stuck....possibly a little. It is an affluent area. Most of the children do not know hard times. But I know that my children love their school, their friends, their CYO soccer coaches and most of all, Mr. Blackburn!

Excellent teachers and best facilities in mobile. The parents and kids recognize this and want to be here.

I went to this school years ago. Very stuck-up. It's hard to really fit in unless your parents are rich or 'old money'. Sorry I call it like I see it...what a horrible reputation for a Catholic school to have. Some advice...if you're seriously thinking about sending your kids there and don't fit into the 'rich' or 'old money' categories...make your kids play sports. That's the only way they're not going to be hated. Kids don't understand this kind of b.s. For years I felt like I was the one who was a loser. When I got to high school, I made a ton of friends and had the best social life a kid could ask for. All it took was for me to get out of that fakey 'springhill' school. My mom regrets not transferring all of us even though we begged her to. The teachers were great...that's it.

Last modified St Ignatius Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8