PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

This school is wonderful! It is small, and that is what makes it great. The curriculum is the same as the rest of the Archdiocese...and check out the latest on their website www.svsSchool.org they are the only school in Mobile to be invited to the White House for their robotics accomplishments! Also least expensive Catholic School here!

I am a student who goes to SVS. Regardless of the good reviews, this school isn't so great. It may be good for PK-4 grade but once you get into 5-8 the teachers don't teach, we watch uneducational movies most days. The students there are nice and it's easy to make friends, I know this review won't make a big impact if your deciding To go.But if you want to go and your in grade 5-8 I really recommend not going. In 5 th grade all you do is math, social studies and read a lot. Not and science an religion. In 6-8 you change classes, and you may learn a lot in history, literature and English but we haven't opened up our science/math book in over a month. Instead we watch movies that have nothing to do with education. The lunches are horrible too. But if your looking for a school if you want to be social, this is nice to come to. I admit it's nice to everyone since its such a small school but we're learning things I should have been learning years ago. Oh and are you athletic? You have soccer and 2nd grade basketball. You can also join cheer, but it's the worst cheer ever. You do nothing but sit and eat. So many people this year are leaving this school because it's not what you think.

I'm a parent.I love this little school! I'm compelled to post this,because a friend told me they saw a negative post here by a child. I find that so sad,I'm sure that child was loved and will be missed.It's a small school, so most sports are a challenge because team size requirements.They compete with whatever teams they have enough players for, in whatever sport they can,and they still win some games! Their robotics program has placed nationaly. I'm sad that child felt th need to insult the cheerleading program. The kids've been very excited about it.The cheerleaders have enjoyed it, the other kids have just LOVED the little pep rallies!The cheer team has gone to a women's shelter, made dinner and performed for the residents. Sweet and thoughtful, trump big and fancy anyday for me as a parent. Again it's very small school (which is one the things WE love about it) they teach don't turn noses up at anyone, and take everyone who wants to be a cheerleader.They use the curriculum selected at the diocese home office, (like all Catholic schools) they're smaller, not sub-standard, and tuition is MUCH less. the principal leads well and cares.They're always adding extras and PTO's amazing!

Having taught at SVS for eight years, I am proud to say that I was a part of a very caring faculty. I had also taught in a larger school and was hesitant about joining the staff here, but I was pleasantly surprised by the level of competence and concern of the teachers at SVS. It is a great school in every way. The staff, the administration, the parents, and , of course, the students are the best.

I love this little school! We treat children and adolescents, and deal with schools in several states on a regular basis. This school is amazing. It is small, which means anxious kids feel more at ease and all children get more attention. Dealing with principals for 20 years in many states, I can tell you this is a wonderful principal who is a strong advocate and always looking for ways to advance this school and help students. As evidenced by the fact it now has 100% interactive boards. It is part of the Archdiocese so the curriculum is on par with every other Catholic school in the area. The PTO is extrememly active and effective, and works well with the faculty and administration. The Booster Club does an incredible job with sports considering the school is so small, impressive. If you want impressive facilities, accomplished sports, or prestige, then you should pay more and go somewhere else. If that is not important to you...then you are wasting your money paying more somewhere else.

This is my first year teaching at this school, and I love it. The staff is very genuine and caring. The curriculum is advanced and the students are very well behaved. I am looking forward to a great year.

i went to st.vincent for 3years it was horribble the teachers are mean and the prinicpal should not be a prinicpal!!!

Not as good as the Catholic School I attended, but I guess times change. Still it is a good school with good faculty. I am proud my children attend this school.

This is a great school with the small school feel everyonr knows my son and because he is bad but because they truly seem to care.

It is a fine school. Honestly not as good as the Catholic school I attended 20+ years ago, but my children are still getting a better education than the public system and they are getting decent instruction in their faith. The staff is great. Regardless of what some people write the curriculum is on par as the school is accredited. It is a star in the area.

Last modified St. Vincent De Paul School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8