No rating

Mobile Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 550 students

We are best known for Christian,college-prep program.

Living in Mobile

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $98,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $730.

Posted September 21, 2014

I pray that no student has to experience what I did at Mobile Christian. Over the course of several years I was repeatedly sexually harassed and bullied. The administration knew what was going on but did nothing to prevent or curb the behavior. I cannot even begin to explain what this environment did to my self esteem and my connection with God. I feel I must also add that many of the teachers use the Word of God to belittle students and push their own warped agendas. Once I said that God loves us all equally and the teacher point me out in front of the whole class and exclaimed No, the Bible teaches us that God thinks you are worthless. Another teacher told me that they didn't think dinosaurs existed that they were just a conspiracy of atheist scientists. I truly hope that things have changed since I attended school here. However, I felt that parents should know about my experience before sending their children here.

Posted June 20, 2014

To the 2/11/14 review....not sure what school you are referring to but they sing in chapel every day at MCS. The website clearly states how the school started with the Church of Christ so what did you expect? And the administration will tell you that if you ask them. No big secret there. We love the environment of this school. We have not experienced any bullying or other common issues in schools. Our daughter has excelled in all her classes and is now a member of the National Elem Honor Society. I can't imagine ever going to another school after being here. We love MCS!!! It is like one big family.

Posted February 11, 2014

This school is a Church of Christ school. There is no singing in chapel. All of the teachers are Church of Christ. The Bible classes are taught from a Church of Christ perspective. The school administration will not tell you this, for whatever reason.

Posted October 17, 2013

Was not a good fit for my children. Kids there have been in school together a long time.

Posted January 11, 2013

My son, transfered from ST Marks, to Mobile Christian, from the third grade, til graduation, I was well pleased with the quaility of his education, I would also like to add, I believe this was the best investment I ever made.

Posted March 14, 2012

Without a doubt, Mobile Christian offers the best well rounded education in the Mobile area. Being an educator myself and a MCS graduate I know firsthand the value in this honey hole of a school. It fills my heart with gladness seeing my child sing in chapel performances and watching the building lifelong friendships with other children who share common values and beliefs. I feel the preparation on each grade level is above and beyond what is taking place in other sister educational facilities while creating a challenging curriculum with the hope of developing lifelong learners with a desire to achieve.

Posted March 11, 2012

We have been at MCS for 7 years. I could not imagine sending my two kids to any other school. My son and daughter are on the A Honor Roll every quarter. MCS and the teachers have become family to us. They definately make parents feel welcome at all times.

Posted March 3, 2012

Our family has been with Mobile Christian for five years now. My son graduated last year, and my daughter is currently in middle school. If either of them has said it once, they have a thousand times over: the teachers here give this school its undeniable heart of gold. Nowhere may there be found a school composed of teachers who have a finer passion for their subject, who are more devoted to their students' learning and success today and years from now, and who have a greater depth of caring for the well-being of each and every last student to have ever passed through their classrooms. To teach, and to teach well and meaningfully and in a way that indelibly touches lives, is surely a blessing of God. The teachers here demonstrate the truth of this every day, and Mobile Christian School is a very, very special place because of it.

Posted February 3, 2012

My three boys attended Mobile Christian School from K4-12th grade. Our elementary experience was simply fantastic! I felt that my children were in a safe environment and were taught by intelligent, caring teachers. I frequently recommend Mobile Christian to other parents. In high school, our boys played several sports and had many extracurricular activities from which to choose. One even got selected to serve on the Student Government Association. We love MCS!

Posted February 3, 2012

My two sons have been at MCS for 5 years now and we love it! They have thrived academically, spiritually and socially. I love that the faculty and administration genuinely care about my son's present circumstances as well as their future goals. My oldest son is already receiving college credit and he is only a Sophomore in high school. I highly recommend MCS!

Posted February 3, 2012

My daughter transferred to this school in the 6th grade, following the recommendation of her public school teachers that we look into private school for the middle school years. She received an excellent education with teachers that offered emotional support in dealing with the social stresses associated with middle and high school years. She graduated from Mobile Christian and was well prepared for college at a large state university. I would highly recommend this school to families looking for scholastic excellence in an environment where the individual's personal needs are considered as important as the academic.

Posted February 3, 2012

I am a public school teacher, and had my daughter in Gifted classes and advanced classes in public school. I thought I'd never change to a private school. When my daughter entered middle school, the behavior of the students, lack of discipline, and hands-off approach of administration changed my mind. We moved my daughter to MCS in 7th grade, and it is a decision I've never regretted. She was met with a caring and hands-on administration, and supportive teachers. I was not afraid if I had to be a few minutes late picking her up. I knew she was safe. She received mutliple full-tuition scholarships to college, and chose one that included room and board as well. There is no part of her experience that I regret. In fact, it was the best decision we made for her all-around life experience AND her academic support. I'd do it again in a heart beat! Thanks, MCS!!!

Posted January 11, 2012

In 2006 we made the decision to move our daughter from another private school to MCS. One of the determining factors was that this school went thru the 12th grade, which was important to us. Over the past six years, we have thought of MCS as our extended family. For what they have taught our daughter, both from an academic and a social aspect, MCS can not be beat! We look forward to the next six years!!!!!

Posted November 29, 2011

The best decision my family ever made was to take our kids out of public school and put them in Mobile Christian School. MCS teachers are professional,caring and push my girls to do their best at all times.

Posted February 28, 2011

i absolutely do not like this school.... the bullying is horrible and if you are having trouble with something they act like they dont even care! and if youare getting bullied the teachers just say to stop, they dont even discipline.

Posted January 14, 2011

This is our 1st yr at MCS and we love it. My daughter is excited about what she is learning and loves her teachers. It is a very warm, christian and caring environment. We are very pleased with the academics. I highly recommned MCS.

Posted September 7, 2010

Moved here from Tennessee and found Mobile Christian to be warm and caring. The Administrators spent several hours with my family answering questions and introducing us to teachers. Student/teacher ratio is best in Mobile area.

Posted August 8, 2010

This school is one of the best experiences we have had in our entire lives. The teachers, staff and faculty are truly concerned and caring about your child and his academic experience. From music to athletics, this school exceeded our expectations and we will forever be indebted to the staff of MCS. It's like a small town/community of caring people.

Posted September 14, 2008

I noticed that Andy Nassar, way back in April of 04 said that MCS lacks discipline...please...i went there from K5 - 12, and i know first hand the paddling, detention, Saturday School, Lunch Duty...I mean I am sure there is more, but that is all that I received from there, so lack of discipline is not their problem...As for teachers just there for the money, every teacher I ever had called my parents when I had a 'C' or below in any class I ever took, and were always willing to help pull the grade up, by staying after school if need be.

Posted October 26, 2007

Our children have been in Christian Schools from 5 weeks to 7th grade. Our two years at Mobile Christian have been the best. It is an advanced curriculum and our children had to be tutored to catch up with the others (after a two year stent in public school). Be prepared for the cookie cutter model though. It happens to the best of us.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 1%

College readiness and student pathways

Colleges most students attend after graduation University of Alabama
University of South Alabama
Harding University
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Arts & music

• College presentations or information sessions
  • SAT/ACT prep classes
  • School-sponsored trips to college campuses
  • Visiting teachers or lecturers from colleges

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • David Pahman, Headmaster
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Honors track
  • Independent Study
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Orchestra
Media arts
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student newspaper