Mobile, AL

Posted September 21, 2014
I pray that no student has to experience what I did at Mobile Christian. Over the course of several years I was repeatedly sexually harassed and bullied. The administration knew what was going on but did nothing to prevent or curb the behavior. I cannot even begin to explain what this environment did to my self esteem and my connection with God. I feel I must also add that many of the teachers use the Word of God to belittle students and push their own warped agendas. Once I said that God loves us all equally and the teacher point me out in front of the whole class and exclaimed No, the Bible teaches us that God thinks you are worthless. Another teacher told me that they didn't think dinosaurs existed that they were just a conspiracy of atheist scientists. I truly hope that things have changed since I attended school here. However, I felt that parents should know about my experience before sending their children here.

Posted June 20, 2014
To the 2/11/14 review....not sure what school you are referring to but they sing in chapel every day at MCS. The website clearly states how the school started with the Church of Christ so what did you expect? And the administration will tell you that if you ask them. No big secret there. We love the environment of this school. We have not experienced any bullying or other common issues in schools. Our daughter has excelled in all her classes and is now a member of the National Elem Honor Society. I can't imagine ever going to another school after being here. We love MCS!!! It is like one big family.

Posted February 11, 2014
This school is a Church of Christ school. There is no singing in chapel. All of the teachers are Church of Christ. The Bible classes are taught from a Church of Christ perspective. The school administration will not tell you this, for whatever reason.

Posted October 17, 2013
Was not a good fit for my children. Kids there have been in school together a long time.

Posted January 11, 2013
My son, transfered from ST Marks, to Mobile Christian, from the third grade, til graduation, I was well pleased with the quaility of his education, I would also like to add, I believe this was the best investment I ever made.

Posted March 14, 2012
Without a doubt, Mobile Christian offers the best well rounded education in the Mobile area. Being an educator myself and a MCS graduate I know firsthand the value in this honey hole of a school. It fills my heart with gladness seeing my child sing in chapel performances and watching the building lifelong friendships with other children who share common values and beliefs. I feel the preparation on each grade level is above and beyond what is taking place in other sister educational facilities while creating a challenging curriculum with the hope of developing lifelong learners with a desire to achieve.

Posted March 11, 2012
We have been at MCS for 7 years. I could not imagine sending my two kids to any other school. My son and daughter are on the A Honor Roll every quarter. MCS and the teachers have become family to us. They definately make parents feel welcome at all times.

Posted March 03, 2012
Our family has been with Mobile Christian for five years now. My son graduated last year, and my daughter is currently in middle school. If either of them has said it once, they have a thousand times over: the teachers here give this school its undeniable heart of gold. Nowhere may there be found a school composed of teachers who have a finer passion for their subject, who are more devoted to their students' learning and success today and years from now, and who have a greater depth of caring for the well-being of each and every last student to have ever passed through their classrooms. To teach, and to teach well and meaningfully and in a way that indelibly touches lives, is surely a blessing of God. The teachers here demonstrate the truth of this every day, and Mobile Christian School is a very, very special place because of it.

Posted February 03, 2012
My three boys attended Mobile Christian School from K4-12th grade. Our elementary experience was simply fantastic! I felt that my children were in a safe environment and were taught by intelligent, caring teachers. I frequently recommend Mobile Christian to other parents. In high school, our boys played several sports and had many extracurricular activities from which to choose. One even got selected to serve on the Student Government Association. We love MCS!

Posted February 03, 2012
My two sons have been at MCS for 5 years now and we love it! They have thrived academically, spiritually and socially. I love that the faculty and administration genuinely care about my son's present circumstances as well as their future goals. My oldest son is already receiving college credit and he is only a Sophomore in high school. I highly recommend MCS!

Mobile Christian School
5900 Cottage Hill Road, Mobile, AL  36609
Last modified Mobile Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Mobile Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top