Mobile, AL
Students enrolled: 1,265

Posted March 22, 2014
This school has provided a wonderful education to my children. Academics are great and students consistently get admitted to highly selective schools like Yale, Harvard, Princeton, Columbia,Dartmouth,Vanderbilt, Duke, Stanford,U Penn to name a few. Sports and Arts are very well represented too.This is a private school and you do have to pay for the personalized private education--but it is well worth it.Prices compare to the area private schools. The faculty and students are a close knit family and we have enjoyed being a part of this family for the last 8 years. Every student is different and student effort and zeal are paramount, but most students can achieve their dreams with help and guidance from the excellent faculty!! I would highly recommend this school.

Posted May 09, 2013
Highly recommended. Strong academic rigor and great preparation for college, compared to other local private schools. Also, many extracurricular activities in both athletics and the arts. Faculty are well-trained and highly motivated.

Posted November 23, 2010
My daughter has attended UMS since K-4. She is now in 3rd grade. I wish that I had the opportunity to attend such an excellent school. She loves going to class and the curriculum is impressive. It really does feel like a family. Highly recommended.

Posted March 02, 2010
UMS is a good school with many nice facilities and extra-curriculars, but academically speaking we've been a little disenchanted. For us, making the decision to send our child to UMS was a financial sacrifice, but we were willing to do it in order to give our child the best education possible. However, UMS has not delivered academically. Just because the facilities are impressive does not mean you're getting a better education than other private schools. I can personally attest to that. If you have the extra thousands lying around then do it, but at least at the elementary level it simply isn't worth the sacrifice!

Posted February 23, 2010
Don't send your kids to this school. You will find out that the administration could care less about you or your family unless you donate regularly. It is extremely sheltered, all-white, mostly arrogant rich kids. sadly ums is a bubble filled with these people which most people find hard to break out of.. you'll find that people in mobile make fun of kids who went to ums because they are known around mobile as sheltered and/or arrogant..sure it is a decent education it is definetly not better than any other school around mobile(as many people think) considering the honors programs that most other schools have. ums will not help you get into college if you are trying to get into a good or elite college because it is not recognized by many of those elite colleges, trust me.mcgill, murphy and other schools are a much better experience.

Posted January 01, 2010
great education great achool

Posted November 24, 2009
UMS-Wright is the best education you can find in Mobile, and one of the best schools in the SouthEast. No other school in Mobile can give you the proven leadership seen in UMS-Wright students. The academics are challenging, while the athletic department has created champion after champion. The art department is constantly excelling and becoming a bigger force than ever before seen. The students here want to do well, and the learning environment is welcoming. I cannot wait for my children to experience their UMS-Wright experience!

Posted August 14, 2009
I started UMS in 7th grade and am now going in to 9th grade. This is the best school for your child. The academics are challenging but they will help your child be able to be accepted into more colleges. They also offer college prep ,honor, and AP courses. I am in the band also. The arts are a great piece of UMS. UMS is just like a family.

Posted March 13, 2009
I attended UMS-Wright from K4-12th grade. It was the best experience of my entire life, and I wouldn't have changed it for the world. UMS-Wright taught me everything thing I needed to propel myself towards a very promising future. In addition to providing me with every available tool needed to excel in academics, sports, and the arts, UMS-Wright introduced me to the friends I have kept for a lifetime.

Ums-Wright Preparatory School 4

Posted March 13, 2009
100% of graduates attend college. The curriculum is moderately challenging academically. More student recognition and resources are focused on athletics as compared to academic contests and the arts. Parents extremely involved. Students want to do well. A well disciplined student body. Lacks diversity in ethnicity. Plenty of athletic extracurricular activities. Encourages community service. Greater focus could be placed on teacher quality.

Ums-Wright Preparatory School
65 Mobile Street, Mobile, AL  36607
Last modified Ums-Wright Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Ums-Wright Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top