No rating

Faith Academy

Private | PK-12 | 125 students

Living in Mobile

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $129,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $700.

Posted September 9, 2009

It is a very good Christian school, but be prepared for the homework.

Posted December 22, 2008

I have attended Faith Academy for 9 years and it has been a home away from home. I love Faith.

Posted November 16, 2008

I attended Faith Academy for 12 years and I can't thank them enough for all they did for me. Not only did I receive a great education, the teachers and administration all have a heart full of compassion and love for the students and their jobs. There is not a better school!

Posted November 3, 2008

My son attended K5 and part of first grade there before we moved. Overall, a very loving environment but the classrooms are so huge that it's hard if your child has any extra needs, which mine does. His K5 class had 25 students and 1st grade started with 27 students, with no assistant. Way too many little ones for the teachers to be able to give anyone extra time.

Posted December 16, 2007

I attended Faith Academy for 7 years and I could not be more satisfied with my experience. Unlike many have written- I was not an athlete, yet I was shown just as much love and respect, if not more, than any of the star athletes. The teachers are all willing to go the extra mile to help the students in any way, whether it be for academic purposes or even personal reasons. Faith was more like a home, everyone was close and we all had strong relationships. It was a safe and accepting environment. I will definitely be sending my future children to Faith, and possible be teaching there myself!

Posted January 24, 2007

I attended Faith for the majority of my school years and will always be grateful for the life lessons learned there. I loved being in an environment where teachers cared so much about their students and the quality of education they receive. Not many schools have teachers who care enough to offer help class before and after school to any student who is in need of extra instruction. I am proud to be a graduate of Faith Academy and I will definitely be enrolling my children when they come of age. May God bless the school as it continues to grow.

Posted December 21, 2006

Faith Academy is an awsome school! They have great teachers and a great principal! They not only teach the kids how to be great Christians, but they also tech them how to be responsible. Yes, they have alot of kids, but they are building on to the school so the kids can have more room.And they are not building a new gym; they are building more office buildings. So, if you are a parent trying to figure out what school your child needs to got to Faith Academy is the one!

Posted September 22, 2006

This is not a horrible school but you will be better off saving your money by going to public. Abeka is a very boring, repetitious curriculum once you get past 1st grade. If you have an LD child, this school is a good option. Teachers are excellent & are all certified, despite rumors otherwise. Some students are from some very rough families, sending their children to get the Christian educ. they can't get at home. Class sizes are ridiculous. Science courses are lacking. Many here only care about their children receiving a Christian education, never mind the quality. Big teacher turnover due to class sizes. Many love it but I was concerned if we would be accepted to better colleges.

Posted January 27, 2006

Faith is a good school. However, this year it is very crowded, with classes too large. More teachers and rooms are needed along with more lockers. They are planning on building a new gym instead. Faith is advertising now, so next year will be even worse.

Posted December 29, 2005

Never once in the past 5 years that I have been more grateful than I am right now for my Mother deciding to send me to Faith Academy. By far, this was the safest haven for schooling of any child. Excellent academics, administrators, instruction, guidance, and an outstanding Christian leadership all have helped me decide on finishing my degree in Elementary Education and be apart of such a phenominal program! One thing that you must keep in mind is; everything is done for a very specific reason. Unlike public institutions, Faith Academy 'cares with love', and that is something I'm not willing to sacrafice. So, to everyone that is still uncertain of sending your child to Faith, set up an appointment with one of the fabulous administrators and see for yourself what an unsurpassed education I had the opprotunity of being apart of.

Posted July 16, 2005

My son has attended Faith since he was an extremely shy 3 year old. In only a few months of being in such a home like loving and enriching atmosphere, he now expresses himself with such confidence. The caring structured classrooms give me a feeling of having Godmothers take care of my child by offering him a challenging education and a guide to Christianity. This is a wonderful comfort and I pray that parents who want their child to have a wonderful experience while receiving a quality education check out FAITH ACADEMY.

Posted January 20, 2005

My children attended Faith. I love the school and what it stands for, the teachers are wonderful, the students respectful and great pride is taken in the upkeep of the school. However, and this is a big one for me, I believe Faith needs to limit enrollment, Faith is resonably affordable for a great education but the class size has reached an all time high in the elementary & primary grades. A wonderful teacher cannot be at her full potential with up to 26 students per class. This being a private school you have the option of having smaller classes, if you need to raise tuition I suggest doing so, people will still be drawn to Faith...maybe more.

Posted December 17, 2004

Faith Academy is the type of school that I was not able to attend some thirty years ago but wish I could have had the opportunity to be exposed to. I have heard very few negative responses in the last eight years, ( ie one written here )but the negative words spoken from the parents have all come from families that had ' problem children ' and those same kids left Faith and went to be problems at other schools. Faith protects the good kids from the ones that have 'issues'. What a great place to go and have a serious Christian environment, excellent education and as Coach Skoda teaches, ' life lessons.' As Dorothy once said, ' there's no place like home.' God is there at Faith Academy!

Posted November 9, 2004

I love Faith Academy!It is the best school ever you can't get any better than this.I'm in 6th grade and i love my teacher,she is awsome!Best school ever.......Faith Academy!!

Posted September 14, 2004

My son has been going to faith since K5 and is now in the 10th grade. I have seen him do 3 hour football practices and then do 3-4 hours of (honors)homework. I do not think you can say that is favortism. As for the quality of the education---I have seen the work that was expected over the years and it has been very rigorous, which is why the students score so well on the ACTs and SATs. I have a PhD and expect my son to do the same one day---with the foundation given by Faith's education system that should be well within his reach.

Posted August 13, 2004

I don't understand some of the negative reviews. My son is in the first grade and he was there for k-5. My son was reading complete books before he left k-5. Abeka is excellent. In no way average. I think that the students have a lot to do with the education that is received. It is not all the teachers fault. As far as the k-3 & k-4, there is not much you can teach a 3 or 4 year old. They are barely out of diapers. We are a military family and we need to make sure that our children get a quality education where ever we go. That is why we chose Faith. I had a caregiver tell me that they didn't like Abeka because it was too advanced and when the children transfered to public school, they were doing the same work from the previous grade!!!

Posted July 20, 2004

I agree with april 2004. Anyone who does not have a lot of money to waste should not go here.

Posted June 22, 2004

In my opinion, Faith Academy is a wonderful school. I graduated from Faith 5 years ago and I still miss it to this day. I enjoyed everything about it. The teachers had high expectations for you and believed that you could accomplish great things. I would not trade my education from Faith for anything. I feel I was extremely well prepared for college and life in general because of Faith Academy. I consider myself blessed to have been able to attend this school.

Posted June 11, 2004

Speaking as a parent and a former teacher at Faith, I believe I am quite aware of the qualifications and quality of education provided. Faith is accredited by SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools) and by AISA. It is a Blue Ribbon School and is on the threshhold of becoming a truly exceptional school because of its vision and outreach. Faith is offering a 2-year Cisco networking curriculum which will enable its graduates who choose to take part in this program an opportunity to be certified upon graduation, thus enabling many to earn a living while attending college. As the parent of two students who have been at Faith for six years, I have been quite satisfied with the education. They do have homework. They work and study hard - Free help class is offered for any student who needs it. I say,'Great job, Faith!' To God Be The Glory!

Posted June 2, 2004

Faith Academy is absolutely the best around! I just graduated from Faith, and it has offered me more than most schools in Mobile would even dream of offering to students. I feel well prepared to attend college because of the leadership skills, Christian leadership, and academic strength that was shown to me at my 13 years at Faith. As for the favoritism, that's almost anywhere. Yeah, there's some - but it's not overbearing. Most of my teachers either are or were coaches at one point (whom we all refer to as 'Coach'), and they treat me the same as many athletes. And I am no athlete on any level. Yes, extra-curriculars are a priority, but nothing takes precedence over academics and Christ. There is always someting to do - at every grade level!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious