PK-12|Private
1,930 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted November 25, 2015
Faith is an okay school but they are very much against bi racial relationships and kids get bullied all the time

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted September 24, 2015
I can name several classes where I learned absolutely nothing: Spanish, introduction to foreign languages, junior choir, senior choir, American history, and a few computer classes.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted September 24, 2015
I attended for 6 years, from 7th to 12th grade. Every single night I would have 4-5 hours worth of homework. I don't even have that much now as a sophomore in college.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted September 24, 2015
I do not think that this school develops honesty, integrity, and fairness due to the bullying problem that is like a disease in that school. Sure, it's a Christian school, but that doesn't mean that everyone that is attending necessarily acts like a Christian.

Faith Academy 5

Posted June 09, 2015
We love this school. The music program is amazing and the teachers we've had are supportive and loving.

Posted February 19, 2015
Was not a good school during my experience. The people and teachers are good but don't let everyone fool you. Racism is pretty common here also. Lunch is bad and overpriced. Too much focusing on sports and not enough on education. Overall it's not a bad school, but there could be some things that could be worked on.

Faith Academy 1

Posted April 08, 2014
I attended attended Faith Academy and graduated from the school. The one thing I have to tell parents from my experience as a student is that this school does not focus on education. When I went to college, one of the first things I noticed was that my peers who went to public schools from all over the Southeast had a better high school education than I did. They were 1 -2 semesters ahead of me and it was all because their curriculum was better quality than Faith Academy's. I graduated with a 3.9 GPA and was 9th in my class; however, I found it very difficult to get scholarships to academically acclaimed universities. I understand this is a Christian school; however, they put too much focus on education of the Bible rather than the education students need to be successful in college and in their future careers. Do not waste your money on this school. Your child will get a better education and will have more opportunities provided to them elsewhere.

Posted December 21, 2013
My child attended Faith Academy for the last three years. This year we decided to put my child back into the public school system. At our child's new school, the first thing we noticed was the class size was smaller, there are 17 children per teacher. Then the real shocker was just how far behind the other students he was (elementary school). His reading was above average, but his math was lacking way behind. We were able to get him back up to speed with the rest of his class, but that was no easy task, additionally his science grades were lacking too, again with some work he is at his grade level (AB honor student). I am not here to put down FA, the teachers and staff were great to my child, we felt that the school was clean and well kept, but FA falls short with the most important task, that is education. I was paying for this school thinking that I was getting something "special" for my money, I was wrong, the local public elementary school is far better, the public schools have things like "Smart" boards in the classrooms, smaller teacher to student ratios, the same level of discipline as FA , an actual lunch program for the children.FA has microwave food and vending machines.

Faith Academy 4

Posted July 31, 2013
I went to faith 3 years ago because it has a Christian environment, great test scores from their past senior classes and a strong boys basketball program which is important to my son. The boys basketball team has been great for my son coming from a public middle school. They are taught to work hard and be disciplined. By what I can observe they are the best basketball program in Mobile overall. Academics are good but like all schools have good, average and below avg teachers. The teachers have free tutoring after school which has helped alot. As a black family we have felt welcomed and never treated any different than anyone else. For the money the good far outweighs any negatives. To me the negatives are too much homework (3 hours a night on average), poor menu for lunches (all junk food, fried foods), class size is sometimes an issue and not enough "fun" activities for students like a prom.

Faith Academy 5

Posted July 20, 2013
Great school, I have been going there for 5 years and I love it! The teachers are nice, the other kids are well behaved and I hope to go there until I go to college.

8650 Tanner Williams Road, Mobile, AL  36608