Mobile, AL
Students enrolled: 1,930
Before care: Yes

Posted October 17, 2014
The lunch is so unhealthy and so expensive! The lady who is the manager of the cafeteria is so rude I thought you had to be a Christian to work in this school. She yelled at my son because he ask my 4 year old daughter what she wanted for breakfast while in line .She said he wasn't suppose to talk in line and he should have known before he got in line. My son was .04 short for breakfast and she would not serve him anything. I do not understand employeeing people who are so mean to children in a Christian school. When I told the teacher about it she said the head master loves her and nobody can say anything to him about her. I would like to tell him but I don't want to make the year any more difficult on my son.

Posted April 08, 2014
I attended attended Faith Academy and graduated from the school. The one thing I have to tell parents from my experience as a student is that this school does not focus on education. When I went to college, one of the first things I noticed was that my peers who went to public schools from all over the Southeast had a better high school education than I did. They were 1 -2 semesters ahead of me and it was all because their curriculum was better quality than Faith Academy's. I graduated with a 3.9 GPA and was 9th in my class; however, I found it very difficult to get scholarships to academically acclaimed universities. I understand this is a Christian school; however, they put too much focus on education of the Bible rather than the education students need to be successful in college and in their future careers. Do not waste your money on this school. Your child will get a better education and will have more opportunities provided to them elsewhere.

Faith Academy 2

Posted December 21, 2013
My child attended Faith Academy for the last three years. This year we decided to put my child back into the public school system. At our child's new school, the first thing we noticed was the class size was smaller, there are 17 children per teacher. Then the real shocker was just how far behind the other students he was (elementary school). His reading was above average, but his math was lacking way behind. We were able to get him back up to speed with the rest of his class, but that was no easy task, additionally his science grades were lacking too, again with some work he is at his grade level (AB honor student). I am not here to put down FA, the teachers and staff were great to my child, we felt that the school was clean and well kept, but FA falls short with the most important task, that is education. I was paying for this school thinking that I was getting something "special" for my money, I was wrong, the local public elementary school is far better, the public schools have things like "Smart" boards in the classrooms, smaller teacher to student ratios, the same level of discipline as FA , an actual lunch program for the children.FA has microwave food and vending machines.

Faith Academy 4

Posted July 31, 2013
I went to faith 3 years ago because it has a Christian environment, great test scores from their past senior classes and a strong boys basketball program which is important to my son. The boys basketball team has been great for my son coming from a public middle school. They are taught to work hard and be disciplined. By what I can observe they are the best basketball program in Mobile overall. Academics are good but like all schools have good, average and below avg teachers. The teachers have free tutoring after school which has helped alot. As a black family we have felt welcomed and never treated any different than anyone else. For the money the good far outweighs any negatives. To me the negatives are too much homework (3 hours a night on average), poor menu for lunches (all junk food, fried foods), class size is sometimes an issue and not enough "fun" activities for students like a prom.

Posted July 20, 2013
Great school, I have been going there for 5 years and I love it! The teachers are nice, the other kids are well behaved and I hope to go there until I go to college.

Faith Academy 3

Posted July 20, 2013
My child attends Faith Academy and the only real complaint I have is the lack of nutritious options for the lunch menu. Giving the students sodas, ice cream, chips, cookies, cheeseburger, and FF for lunch is really like killing them slowly. It's ridiculous in this day and age with all we know about what those things do to you in the long term to offer that to growing children every single day as the only option for lunch. It's really embarrassing.

Posted March 24, 2013
my son has attended faith for 2 years and we love this school. we are transferring this summer and my husband and i both agree the one thing we will miss about mobile is faith academy. both years his teachers have been great. very caring and understand- yet firm enough with their discipline to keep the classes running smoothly. we have really enjoyed our experience here and would recommend faith academy to anyone looking for a great, affordable private education.

Posted February 03, 2013
Preschool program is fine. Kindergarten on up, reconsider the curriculum. My child attended kindergarten here and transferred to public school for first grade. Th kindergarten student/teacher ratio in public school is smaller and the curriculum is of a higher standard. My second child attended kindergarten in the public school and could write a 4 sentence paragraph by the 4th quarter of school. If higher academic standards is what you are seeking, look elsewhere, otherwise it's a good school. I wish I would have researched curriculum before enrolling my child.

Posted February 06, 2012
I disagree with the review below as Faith is the most diverse private Christian school in Mobile County. The school is designed for and very accomodating to working parents, and compared to other parochial private schools in Mobile, the tution is quite reasonable. Their handling of the well publicized parent slapping of the teacher incident proved hey do not put up with riff-raff and are not afraid to immediately expel trouble-making students parents. Where else can you get a fully accredited education in a private school for the cost of Faith's tuition?

Posted January 30, 2012
This school i would have to say is just like any other school there is nothing special about this school my kid is always complaining about something new and at first i told him this is to better you but now i see he is right i'm pulling him next year cause this school is not what i thought his grades have not improved i'm a just going have to get a tutor its much cheaper than the high tuition parents don't waste your money and if your child has something to say about his/her school listen to what they have to say before judging their opinion

Faith Academy