Bernice J Causey Middle School 4

Posted August 07, 2014
Both my children have attended Causey and I love it. The staff is attentive and the environment welcoming. The new principal is on top of everything! Carpool can be overwhelming but the teachers work hard to make things flow smoothly despite the large number of students.

Posted January 15, 2014
I, having been a student there, can say that this school is poorly run. The administration there is poorly trained and often place five or more students with a single paraprofessional. A majority of the school usually gets into tussles and can often result in an unsafe environment for students. This school should have far better staff and management when it comes to the way they handle the students, both regular ed, and special ed.

Posted February 03, 2013
My daughter is in the 8th grade at Causey this year & has attended all 3 years of middle school there. Administration changed after her 1st year there, and this was a definite improvement. Mr. Gill is very involved with improving the school and attending to/resolving parent concerns. Our experience with all of the teachers has been very positive. Mr. Bean is absolutely an amazing band instructor. The Pace teachers-- Mrs.Barry & Mrs. Johnson have been great at providing a challenging and fun learning experience during middle school. They also communicated with parents via email which I loved. The math & science teachers have all provided fun and meaningful learning experiences. I highly recommend this middle school to parents of gifted/advanced children. This is the only area I have experience with at this school.

Posted January 10, 2012
This school is utterly horrible. I hated it, and so did my daughter. The teachers where involved in 6th, 7th, & 8th grade drama! I had a teacher tell my daughter she wanted her to play in Traffic. Upon telling the principal, he read my complaint letter, and NEVER Got back to me. My daughter, whom went to St.Pius, & was a straight A student, dropped to a D once she arrived at Causey. I later took her out of Causey ; her grades are now As & Bs. Coincidence?

Posted August 28, 2011
I only gave this school a chance for a month, after my "Gifted" child told me that her pace teacher was sextexting. In shock I went to complain... the principal tossed my letter in the trash and did nothing about it. The only thing that came out of it...next day my daughter was removed from the program. The same teacher after bullied and intimidated my child in the hallways. I removed her from the school. It took me much work and stress, but i moved to another state so that my child will have a higher level of education. I googled best public schools in our nation. She is at a great school now. We still have our home in the causey school district and I let her know if she does not try her best in school we will return to Causey and that is where she will be stuck without the amazing programs this current school offers her. She brings home all A's always has, but here her little spirit shines at Causey her spirit was crushed. I asked her why the other kids don't complain about this teacher she said, "think about it, easy A" She doesn't make us work, so she can text" Sad that teachers waste our tax $ and our kids time and the Principal does absolutely nothing!

Posted April 09, 2011
I love Causey! I am in the 7th grade and have always had teachers that cared and encouraged me to learn. Ms. Smith is the greatest Math teacher a student could ever have! (Try to get her!) She even called my mom to brag on my project.. She teaches in a fun way and even draws pictures and plays games on the Smart Board to help you remember. Everyone thinks Mr. Snow is mean, but he is great and funny. I always felt safe on this team because he didn't let people bully anyone! My 7th grade teacher are good, but wish my old team teachers could teach 7th grade.

Posted March 10, 2010

Posted January 02, 2010
Excellent school where all the staff care about the well-being of every student. Expectations are high and safety is a major concern. The staff is caring, dedicated, and highly-qualified.

Bernice J Causey Middle School 2

Posted December 11, 2009
The first two years at Causey Middle School for my 'A' student was a great learning experience. This is my child 3rd year there and you can see the school trending down to the level of other poor performing schools in mobile county. Some of the Teachers at Causey are educators not teachers who only care about bullying students, enforcing negative re-enforcements, and extended vacations, while some of the Admin. only get involved when there's a one sided problem.Teachers will not respond to e-mails, phone calls or visits to the schools as it relates to the education of student. Bottom line, Teachers need to get back to teaching the student with the help of parents who are eager to get involved in their childs education.

Bernice J Causey Middle School 4

Posted July 12, 2009
I have had both of my children at Causey and I loved the school. Both of my children are in pace and straight A students and if the parent and teachers work hard together each child should always have good grades. I truly feel that there should be more teachers at the end of the school day to watch the kids get on the buses and carpool line. They need to be monitored very closely. I am in the carpool line and children do get out of hand and there are not enough teachers out there to discipline. Overall, Causey Middle is a excellent school.

Bernice J Causey Middle School
2205 McFarland Rd, Mobile, AL  36695
(251) 221-2060
Last modified Bernice J Causey Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bernice J Causey Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top