Posted April 03, 2015
Collier is everything you could want for your child in an elementary school. My child started there in the pre-k program at three years old. I was a little nervous with him attending school with 5th graders but the school is ran so well and the kids are so well behaved that it never posed a problem. We have loved all the teachers (even teachers that should have no idea who my child is still knows his name) Mrs. Shrop is always more than happy to listen if you have a concern and is open to suggestions if a problem should arise. We have a child who has an IEP and have been happy with the provided services. My only SMALL complaint is I wish parents could be a little more involved in the classroom. They are very strict about not letting you visit the classroom unless it is a scheduled school event.

Posted March 09, 2015
Elsie Collier is a wonderful school. My children have had the opportunity to learn in a safe and collaborative environment. My children use technology daily in their classrooms. My children are very active in afterschool clubs. Teachers at Elsie Collier care about their students academic needs as well as their social and emotional needs.

Posted March 07, 2015
With forward thinking leadership & dedicated staff, Collier offers student-centered instruction as well as a variety of extracurricular activities that appeal to a diverse school family.

Elsie Collier Elementary School 2

Posted January 12, 2013
My children went to Collier for 2 years and thankfully we moved. My 1st grade son was diagnosed with ADHD/ODD/OCD prior to attending the school & undergoing behavior management tx. From day 1 his teacher targed him because using the behavior mgmt techniques apparently took too much effort. I had 3 meetings with the teacher and principal & the entire time the teacher was literally rolling her eyes at me. The principal flat out told me that my son was lying to me over his feelings?? His teacher sent home detailed daily reports filled with petty issues such as picking at his shoes & moving too much in his chair. Yet he was making ALL D's and E's and neither were no concerned with his lack of progress. This teacher yelled at the students all the time (my other child said he could hear her from down the hall). All I can say is that his 2nd grade teacher was AMAZING and we had absolutely no problems that year & even made A/B honor roll! A teacher makes all the difference, and maybe if his 1st grade year had went as well as his 2nd then I could have given the school a higher rating.

Posted August 27, 2011
Great program I like all the sports and activities for your child and an overwhelming parent participation.

Elsie Collier Elementary School 3

Posted May 05, 2011
For the most part I have been very pleased with the school. It is clean, the children seem happy and the teachers and principal seem to care about the children. I do think that some of the staff needs to work on their communication skills. I have sent letters and emails to some of the teachers and they do not respond. Very frustrating when you are trying to be a parent on top of things.

Posted May 26, 2010
I have been extremely satisfied with Collier. My eldest child just finished Kindergarten this year and I will be sending my second off to Kindergarten next year. I have witnessed an amazing amount of parental involvement, which has always been welcome. The teachers that I have had the pleasure of meeting, have very positive attitudes and show great experience. The involvement of the PTA, in a word, is outstanding! The PTA is always there volunteering and raising much needed money for the school and it's teachers. I believe, that through fundraising efforts this year, that each classroom without a Smart Board, will have one for next year! The principal of the school seems strict, but fair. She seems a bit harsh and is not the "warm and fuzzy" type, but takes her job seriously and shows great concern about the welfare of the students. All in all, I was very pleased.

Posted March 22, 2010
Staff is very helpful and concerned about all students. I have one son in ELL and the other in gifted and talented (PACE). They are both cared for and taught at their levels. They are learning a lot.

Posted February 24, 2010
the school is a lovely place, the fish cake on friday is debbatable cause the children toss them and wish for fishsticks with their tatertots. the campus is clean and the buildings. Lots of postive reaction with the children,,,thanks for my A hon or roll student in the second an first grade. josie

Posted January 18, 2010
What a wonderful school! In the 2008 - 2009 school year we had a principal change which made the school even better. Ms. Graf is a motivator and truly cares about the children. The focus of all at this school is the growth of your child at their own pace. Thank you for four wonderful years.

601 Snow Rd North, Mobile, AL  36608
Last modified Elsie Collier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elsie Collier Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top