Bad
Good

This school is very put together & very well organized. Uniforms are worn. Family is encouraged to be involved. Most teachers communicate very well through their website was it the children themselves. Very clean campus with the appreciated security measures adopted.

We are guardians of are 6 yr old Granddaughter and we were able to get her in at Mary B Austin School. She has attended Kindergarten and now first grade. She loves it there and all her teachers she has had there. It's a great feeling when she gets in the car and tells me it was the best day ever. She has been saying this every day since school started this year. They care about the children's well being and the academics. I really have been impressed with their new principle they got this year. They have great success with parents being involved with everything that goes on there. We didn't see that with all four of are kids when they were in school. Our Granddaughter is so more advanced then other children in schools in are area. I feel we made a great decision in sending her to this school. I wish our other children could have went there when they were growing up. Mary B Austin is the best school in all of Mobile. Who needs private schools when you have a school like this.

After moving from San Diego, which has awesome schools, I was concerned that my son would not be challenged in an elementary school in Mobile. However, I must say Mary B Austin met the challenge. I am happy with the teachers my son had, and now my daughter is attending Kindergarten, and she loves it there! I know everyday that I leave carpool my children are safe, and receiving an excellent education.

my daughter is with the Austin family in k5 & she is so happy as Iam happy with the challenging academic programs , the excellent teachers ,the strong principal , Ifeel comfortable about my daughter's future from now.

Mary B. Austin Elementary recently enjoyed their Centennial Celebration and remains one of the best elementary schools in Mobile, AL. The level of parental involvement is envied by many others. All of the teachers are highly qualified in their field and the principal has a strong yet loving hand. Mary B. Austin is not a school but a family which shows love and enthusiasm for learning and their children. Why anyone would spend money for an inferior education at a private school is beyond me. Recently named one of six Talents Unlimited schools in the country, Mary B. Austin continues to celebrate many more years of "Roots to Success".

Amazing PTA, Austin kids have music and art thanks to PTA fundraising, b/c Mobile County cut budgets for these programs. But Austin still has these which is important to keep our kids well rounded. Kids should be able to still have a little fun. School is now a Talents Unlimited School and they really explore their individual talents. Check out the schools test scores, at the top - thanks to great teachers. The only public school option in my opinion.

My children both attended Mary B Austin K-5. As with all schools there may be things that are not as you would like but overall I could not have made a better choice. The teachers are responsive and parents are involved. The school exhibits an atmosphere for development and encourages interaction by all. My 10yr relationship with Mary B as a parent is for a reason. There is not a better school public or private in Mobile County.

I have three children attending Austin Elementary. The principal has a very rigid demeanor toward the children and is not a good communicator. Parents are not given much feedback on their children's academic progress.

WOW what a great school. The parent involvement is wonderful. Parents are encouraged to volunteer as much as possible. We have been here 6 years and since we have been here only a few teachers have actually left, the teachers love this school. Our PTA is great we just raised enough money this year to purchase a new playground which will be put in over the summer, yeah!(hurricane made old one unsafe). This school is great my children can be children at this school, and the one thing I love is that it is small enough that everyone knows my children's names. Thank you Mary B.

Mary B is a great school. Academically, I believe it is as good as any private school in the county (and it's free). The staff is highly qualified with most of them having a masters degree. Mrs. Zeigler is a fabulous principal and treats every child special. Her utmost concern is for the saftey of every child. In this day, I don't worry about my children being at Mary B. The PTA is super and really supports the teachers and children. It is the gem of Springhill. ARB

Last modified Mary B Austin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.