Bad
Good

I don't know why the next few reviews are so negative. Baker is a great school with a caring and concerned faculty. My kids have had a great experience at Baker High.

Poorly ran school! I'm a parent, and I'm not impressed. I went to this school and it has changed! The staff is rude, and the environment is horrible. I do not recommend Baker High School.

This is a school is putrid. A good friend of mine has several accounts of unbridled fighting and widespread instability at this so so called educational facility. Outsiders have been known to breach security and threaten students (an incident a pal of mine who attends Baker saw an outsider who had harassed him for weeks ally himself with a boy who attempted to instigate a fight with my friend weeks prior). I urge the administrators at Baker to maintain a tighter ship otherwise "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns and Roses will become the optimal anthem for this school.

My son and daughter attend this school and I would have to say this school is poorly ran. If you have problems and bring it to the administers attention all they care about is if your from around here and who you are related to. This school covers up lots of fights and police are always at this school. If we could move to another community I would move FAST !!! If your moving here and your in the Military this town isn't a friendly town for outsiders. I have friend in all branches and they also are having the same problem with their child being bullied " BECAUSE WE DON'T BELONG HERE" and " WE NEED TO GO BACK WERE WE CAME FROM" thats what my kids and other Military children get all the time and administers do nothing. Some move their children into private schools others homeschool. Don't be fooled by this 7 . Its very misleading .

My son is a sophomore at Baker this year and we love it! Even though there are a lot of students the teachers and staff build great relationships with students. The campus is kept clean and is safe. Any normal high school issues that arise are dealt with promptly. I do wish counselors offered more college/career planning.

My daughter is a freshman at Baker this year, 2013-2014. So far, she is enjoying high school a lot. She said that she is learning a lot and it is harder than middle school, as far as homework load, etc. She is in Advanced placement classes and likes all of her teachers a lot. Hope that this continues!!! We haven't been there long enough to suggest any improvements.

This school is terrible. It is not a safe place for kids to learn. There's a fight or incident nearly every day. The police are always at this school for some violent incident. How they manage to keep it out of the media is beyond me. The principal is a bully. If I could afford to send my son to private school, believe me, I would.

Baker is a good school when you compare it to other Mobile public schools, but it is the least secure school I have ever been to or worked at. Anyone can walk in or out when they please, carrying anything they please. The school population (2700+) is too large for the administration to keep track of anyone, so the number of incidents is rapidly growing (just watch the news and see). The counselors and principal will do anything to let anyone graduate - even students who come to school a few days a semester. They will do anything to make their graduation rate look good, and the students know it and take advantage. Do yourself a favor and send your kids to private school or move to another district. Baker cannot guarantee their safety or that they will actually earn their diploma.

This is a poorly run school. Also the amount of incidents this school has that go unreported is appalling. The police are at this school almost everyday for various reasons. The staff seem to have no control over the students and do not seem to care. There is an obvious lack of leadership and direction. My student will not be returning after this school year. Also just so no one gets the wrong idea, my child has not been involved in any incidents this is merely an observation from myself spending a fair amount of time at this school.

Great school prepared me for many thing to continue my career the next level was a cake walk because of baker high

Last modified Baker High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.