Mobile, AL
Before care: Yes

Posted April 17, 2014
This school is award winning and has high standards in academic excellence. Their zero tolerance for behavior problems enables the teachers to focus more on teaching. I am so excited my children have the opportunity to experience an education at Council. I have full confidence that once they leave Council they will be prepared to take on challenging academics and be a well rounded citizen.

Posted June 13, 2012
There is nowhere better than Council! We just wrapped up twelve years (3 children) there, with not a single sour note. Our girls were extremely well prepared for a challenging middle school curriculum, academically and socially. The diversity of the student body and faculty is an enormous strength. The culture of excellence is genuine and its effects are lasting. No private school in the area could compare.

Posted March 20, 2012
I feel that I should also mention to low income families that the fees, (classroom, internet, ect) are higher than most schools. The uniforms cost more, as they don't wear polos and the girls have to wear plaid skirts. They are also required to dress out for PE and need uniforms for that as well. They require a lot of supplies and several books that must be purchased rather than checked out from the library, as they must bring them to school with them for the first couple of weeks. They have really nice field trips, which are super educational and fun for the kids. However, while they are optional, they are quite pricey. Just know what you are getting into before you commit.

Posted July 20, 2011
I love this school. Two of my children have completed Council and one is still there. Every aspect of the school is exceptional. The curriculum is definately challenging. Even kindergardeners have projects to complete! By the time they reach middle school, a project that makes other students shake in their boots is no big deal. Also, the students are required to do public speaking each year. What a wonderful foundation. The parents are very involved and the staff is supportive. Most outstanding is that the student body is diverse slong racial and socioeconomic lines

W H Council Traditional School 2

Posted May 25, 2010
My son transferred to Council from a private school. He entered second grade this year. While I must agree that Council has some great teachers, I believe the administration seriously lacks what it takes to keep the childrens' behavior in line. We had many instances where our son was called names, shoved more than once, pushed and held down on the ground, and even hit in the eye resulting in him having a black eye for a week! The children who were responsible for this were not punished according to their actions. I should mention that my son never laid a finger on any of these children. It seems the staff make excuses for children who have been attending the school since kindergarten and show favoritism toward children they know from their own community. This school did not live up to my expectations. My son is going back to private school.

Posted May 15, 2010
This was our first year at Council & we couldn't be happier with the outstanding education they received. Our children attened O'Rourke for 3 years & all I can say is O'Rourke was a joke. My children have always been A students, and at Council they actually had to work hard to maintain their grades. I love this school & can't wait to send our youngest to Council. The teachers are amazing, too!!

Posted February 24, 2010
My son is in the 3rd grade at Council, so he has been there for 4 years now. He learns alot Spanish, Science Lab, I wouldn't trade it for any other school. Principal, teachers and other staff are great.

W H Council Traditional School 1

Posted November 13, 2009
Horrible horrible school and so i give it 0 stars! We sent our son there and he hated it, the teachers are horrible, hey don't care about your child, the principal is very unorganized and the school is very dilapidated. I do not think that children should be put through the torture given at that school. We then went to O'Rourke elementary and we loved it. Say NO to Council and Yes to O'Rourke!

W H Council Traditional School 0

Posted November 07, 2009
Council is wonderful. We just started our Kindergarten there and have been so pleased. I really feel like my little guy is getting the very best education available in Mobile County. Council gets federal funding and has extremly high standards for the teaching staff. The parent involvlement in my son's class is great and overall I feel the PTA is strong and does a great job! The curriculum is challenging and well-rounded- Spanish, Art, Music, Science Lab, etc. Kudos to Council and the entire teaching and administrative staff!

W H Council Traditional School 0

Posted November 05, 2009
I am impressed with the curriculum, parent support, administrators, and most of all the dedicated teachers at Council.

W H Council Traditional School
751 Wilkinson St, Mobile, AL  36603
Last modified W H Council Traditional School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
W H Council Traditional School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top