Mobile, AL
Students enrolled: 1,591

Posted November 03, 2012
Davidson is really three schools. There are the mainstream students, then there are the students who apply to and are accepted into the International Baccelaureate Program (IB) or the Engineering Pathways Integred Curriculum (EPIC). In my opinion if your child is preparing for college classes there are only three public high schools worth attending in Mobile- Phillips, Murphy, and Davidson (The elite public school is the Alabama Academy of Math & Science, but it is a boarding school with highly competitive slots). IT DOESN"T MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE. I know parents who drive their children in from surrounding rural communities. However, all the slots in the IB and EPIC programs are competitive. Once accepted if you can't maintain a 60% average and show self disciplne, you're out- and there are three students waiting to take your place. My boys have had no problem meeting these requirements. My youngest scored 100% on his state math exam and is already tapped by Duke University's TIP program. I am a strong believer in Mobile's Magnet School Program.

WP Davidson High School 1

Posted May 16, 2012
Awful awful awful is all I can say! Everyone in the office was helpful when enrolling but after that they are just rude! 12 phone calls to principal that were NEVER returned. Two lunch hours spent in office trying to talk to someone, wasted! Trying to get answers is a total waste of time. The best decision I can possibly make is to remove my child asap!

Posted March 13, 2011
My daughter has had the BEST experience here. I know she's going to cry at graduation, which isn't something she does too often. Go Warriors!

Posted February 04, 2011
I love this school. Davidson High School has challenged me academically, introduced me to a diverse variety of culture, and caused me to grow over all as an individual. I could not have gone to a better high school.

Posted February 04, 2011
As a senior, I can say that this school has helped me a lot. It has sufficiently prepared me for college. They offer Honors, A.P. and I.B. courses. Don't take regular classes unless you like being around hooligans, but that is the same at all public high schools. In Mobile County, Davidson is one of two high schools to offer the International Baccalaureate program. The other school is Murphy. However, if your child is interested in taking I.B. classes, then they should go to Davidson because of the smaller class sizes and therefore better one-on-one help. Murphy's I.B. class is much larger than Davidson. As of 2011, there are 7 senior I.B. seniors at Davidson as compared to 30 something at Murphy. The A.P. classes are excellent as well. However, if your child is interseted in taking Honors Classes, then they won't be challenged at all. Davidson's EPIC Program is good if your child wants to know what an engineer does.

Posted February 01, 2011
Come experience the Davidson Difference. Our school has an energized and caring faculty that will push students to be better communicators and thinkers each year. The International Baccalaureate (IB), Pre-Engineering (EPIC), and Advanced Placement (AP) programs are the best in the area with outstanding test results and successful graduates. Come check us out and you will see the Davidson Difference!

Posted October 05, 2010
This school is fantastic I graduated there and my Uncle works at the school 2 i'm homebound A teacher comes 2 my house and teaches me all the books came from Davidson it's A wonderful school!!!

Posted February 17, 2010
Excellent! Both my sons are students in the EPIC program. Great AP and honors classes. Discipline seems to be kept under control especially in the advanced classes. They have received an education.

Posted December 03, 2009

Posted November 19, 2009
My son is loving his first year of high school. He is in the EPIC program and enjoys it. He loves marching band and now they are getting into symphonic band. The parents and teachers I have met are great. I am pleased as punch I chose this school!

WP Davidson High School
3900 Pleasant Valley Rd, Mobile, AL  36609
Last modified WP Davidson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
WP Davidson High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top