Bad
Good

Davidson had wonderful programs and teachers who challenge and inspire students. Their support staff is also great.

We are new to Davidson and so far we are very happy we chose to attend the IB and Epic program here. My daughter is happy here and having a great time learning. It is a safe clean environment for lear

Grateful to: School leader

Thank you to Mr. Copeland for maintaining an environment of excellence. I am proud to say my kids go to Davidson.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Mrs. Haskins, Mr. Edmonds, Mr. Knighton, Mrs. Golson, Mrs. Alexander, Mr. Dollison, Mrs. Edmonds, Mr Finnigin (hated to see him leave ) Mr. AGee,, Mrs. Stubblefield, Coach Wright and I could go on and on!

I had a daughter graduate a couple of years ago w/ an Epic major advanced diploma. She absolutely loved Mrs. Haskins. I have another daughter currently enrolled and working toward an IB diploma. We couldn't be happier with the teachers, classes offered and of course Mr. Copeland.

Davidson athletics have changed my child's life. The coaches and administrators are an amazing team.

This school has probably been the worst school I've had the displeasure of attending. The halls, floors, and classrooms are always dirty. If you sit down on the floor and you get up, you will see that you have all sorts of dirt and particles on your pants/shirt/whatever you sat on. It always smells in the hallways and the school has litter all over the place outside and the building is about 50 years old and HASN'T been remodeled or renovated. Paint chips off of the walls all the time and in one of my classrooms, part of the ceiling even caved in and fell, but no one ever fixed it! I never see the janitors doing any work at school either. They just mill around outside. I had a few really good teachers that I liked, but the classroom was awful. The students refused to actually listen and learn, which makes it harder for other people who want to do well in class. The environment was really negative, and no one really cared about class, even in an honors/advanced classroom! Don't go to school here and don't send your children here. I hated it with a passion and as soon as I could, I switched schools at semester. Just don't do it.

Davidson is really three schools. There are the mainstream students, then there are the students who apply to and are accepted into the International Baccelaureate Program (IB) or the Engineering Pathways Integred Curriculum (EPIC). In my opinion if your child is preparing for college classes there are only three public high schools worth attending in Mobile- Phillips, Murphy, and Davidson (The elite public school is the Alabama Academy of Math & Science, but it is a boarding school with highly competitive slots). IT DOESN"T MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE. I know parents who drive their children in from surrounding rural communities. However, all the slots in the IB and EPIC programs are competitive. Once accepted if you can't maintain a 60% average and show self disciplne, you're out- and there are three students waiting to take your place. My boys have had no problem meeting these requirements. My youngest scored 100% on his state math exam and is already tapped by Duke University's TIP program. I am a strong believer in Mobile's Magnet School Program.

Awful awful awful is all I can say! Everyone in the office was helpful when enrolling but after that they are just rude! 12 phone calls to principal that were NEVER returned. Two lunch hours spent in office trying to talk to someone, wasted! Trying to get answers is a total waste of time. The best decision I can possibly make is to remove my child asap!

My daughter has had the BEST experience here. I know she's going to cry at graduation, which isn't something she does too often. Go Warriors!

Last modified WP Davidson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.