Montgomery, AL

Booker T Washington Magnet High School 4

Posted September 25, 2014
I know im suppose to tell about the school but i have a queztion does anyone know if BTW Magnet has a football team

Booker T Washington Magnet High School 1

Posted August 18, 2014
My 11th grade child decided to leave a private school to attend BTW because of all the great things we have read and heard about this school. We havent been impressed yet since she started. She didnt receive her schedule until the middle of the first day. She learned when trying to get her schedule that she was not in the schools system. Thats funny because she was accepted 6 months ago. After receiving her schedule my daughter was placed in classes that she had already taken and was in the class with 9 & 10th graders. I am currently trying to get her schedule changed and its the 6th day of school. Never experience anything like this. Really think need better office staff and leadership.

Booker T Washington Magnet High School 3

Posted May 04, 2014
BTW is a solid school with some cliques. The school does well considering the lack of funding for public education in Alabama overall and Montgomery, specifically. Sadly, the once vibrant law magnet has become an afterthought and the students in this program are treated like second-class citizens by the majority of the "art-focused" students and faculty. Law magnet students are often excluded and their accomplishments are never celebrated. I can recommend the school, but not the law magnet given its current status--the intent seems to be to cancel the program while keeping the current students on the rolls and wasting 1.5 hours a day with filler work.

Posted May 01, 2013
Booker T Washington Magnet High School has an excellent Principal who shows the utmost leadership ability and skills. The Principal stays abreast of current academic and arts' trends to ensure the teachers are teaching appropriately and the students are receiving the best education practices possible. I am confident that my child is receiving, not only, a quality AP education, but also excellent training in the musical theatre arts program. I highly rate and recommend BTW for a well rounded educational experience if you want your child to be prepared for college and life.

Posted February 06, 2012
If I ever become a famous novelist in the coming years, it will be because of the excellent instruction and the creatively inspiring environment at Booker T. Washington. I love my old high school. I was challenged, encouraged, and inspired at BTW. This school has excellent teachers, strong leadership, and a perfect environment for growing in one's field of interest. As a student of the creative writing program from 7-10 years ago, I can look back to this school as the launch pad that sent me forward on my writing career.

Posted February 02, 2012
My daughter enrolled in BTW after having spent her years from K4-8th grades at St. James, a private school in Montgomery. Enrolling her in BTW was one of the best decisions that we ever made! Because BTW has numerous "magnets" every student has a specialty. Every student is feels special. My daughter was in the creative writing magnet and Foster Dickson, the teacher of this magnet is one of the best teachers there. Please know that just because BTW is an "arts" magnet, students with a "performance" talent can still find a home and thrive there.

Booker T Washington Magnet High School 2

Posted December 11, 2010
I would guess that before there was a uniform this school was very good, and I would guess that before a few teachers were cut there was better quality education. I wasn't here before that though, so I don't really know, but I do know that I did not enjoy my experience at this school, if only for one year. The only thing I could say I like about this school is the soothing sound of a piano playing down the hallways. Other than that, the teachers are unspectacular, the lunch is a sin, many of the students aren't very friendly, some teachers either give out way too much homework or can't teach their lessons, and the daily class schedules are simply annoying. I'd prefer a 7 block day over switching my schedule back and forth every day. The principal is not a pleasant lady, and the building is dirty, and old. Plus, the students miss out on a lot of normal high school pastimes, like football games. More money needs to be put into this school, because I'm sure it has potential to be amazing, I've just not seen this "amazing" school so many have talked about.

Posted October 14, 2009
I am a graduate of Booker T Washington Magnet High School. I attended BTW for the entire 4 years. Although I had my problems as all teenagers do, in the long run attending BTW is an extremely beneficial experience, both educationally and culturally. As I see college students struggle through work and not be prepared for the level of academic learning that is offered at the better universities, I usually find the work to be fairly simple compared to what I went through at BTW. The teachers there care. Although at times they don't show it, the reason to their madness is found in what lies ahead. I honestly believe had I not been through the variety of teachers and levels of difficulty, I would not be where I am today. I am a Jr at Auburn University. I am also studying abroad and asst. teaching at SCAD in France

Booker T Washington Magnet High School 0

Posted September 14, 2009
I am currently a freshman at BTW and I believe this school is one of the best i have been to so far. BTW has a wonderful atmosphere, great food, wonderful schedule, and great teachers. Since i came from a school that has alot of fighting, it is a big relief to find a school like BTW where you never have to worry about your safety.

Booker T Washington Magnet High School 3

Posted July 15, 2009
I'm currently a rising senior at BTW, and so far, I have observed qualities in teachers, other students, and the overall curriculum that I did not like. The ability in the set of teachers range from the worst possible to one of the best in the state. The best teachers are (meaning that they have taught the most in quantity and best in quality Gravatt, Dickson, and Armistead. Gill is pretty good (although I loathed chemistry). And then there are the teachers that are really fun to be around: Gravatt (yes, he makes this list too), Warren, and Simmons. And then there are the not-so-good teachers: Mrs. Cowles (from my experience) and Wones. They're great people, really. Just not the best teachers in their field.

Booker T Washington Magnet High School
632 South Union St, Montgomery, AL  36104
Last modified Booker T Washington Magnet High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Booker T Washington Magnet High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top