Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers are horrible. My son has an IEP and they couldn't care less about following it. They are purposely making him fail. Ms. Rainer in band is FANTASTIC though she is the only one at that school who actually gives a damn about the kids.

Amount of homework: no rating

My son hasn't gotten one piece of homework since day one (Our first year here). The teachers don't want to do anything more than they need to.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school is horrible there is no honesty, no integrity, and absolutely no fairness for the students. Children that attend this school are taught its ok to beat on other kids, run from the school cops, spit at people, and have no respect for others.

This school is by far the worst school I have ever encountered!! My disabled child has an IEP which they will not follow causing him to fail rather than do their jobs as teachers. Now my son has been assaulted by another student and nothing is being done. I am pulling him and homeschooling him now. DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS TO THIS SCHOOL THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!! The teachers and principal are a revolving door and constantly needing to be replaced. The students have no structure or guidance and are allowed to do as they please. They do not do anything about bullying other than bring the child who hit your kid into the office with your child and make them sit next to each other.

capital heights was a good school when i was going there but it has gone way down hill in the past 8 years since i was enrolled there. it was a great school back then and i would love to see it clean up.

Capitol Heights is such a great school. This school has some of the best teachers in the county. I am parent that has had 5 kids to attend CHJHS. I love everything about the programs and leadership. I have had so many great teachers to help my children. Ms. Gray, Mr. Holloway, and Ms. Peterson to name a few.

Capital Heights has been through major transition in the last few years. Our sons who both have learning disabilites have been treated with utmost respect from their teachers, the principal and the SE staff. Our philosophy on what makes a great school is simply this...parental involvement! The more we have been involved, the more we get what we think is needed with our children. I LOVE the principal, Mr Johnson who has high expectations from all the students as far as behavior and academics!! I LOVE THAT!!

Capitol Heights is a terrible school. Coming from a terrible neighborhood before moving to Montgomery, I thought I had seen the worst. The teachers seem not to care what kind of education is recieved, as long as they are getting paid. Unfair rules are taking place here, and quite frankly it is unfair. Next year my child will be attending a magnet school due to the poor effort the principal Mr.Johnson and the staff and faculty members are showing. If anything is need to be done, it would be a new principal and some work done on the school. As I observed the hallways are far too small for all of the students to travel period to period. It is a high danger area. Some medal detectors wouldn't do harm either.

I was a teacher at Capitol Heights Jr. High. This school is filled with loving teachers and administrators who have compassion and dedication to teaching. Some of the students who came from 'at risk' situations only needed nurturing and love from their home, school, and community. The staff did an excellent job working with students. Last year was a success do to the programs implemented by our administrative along with the teaching staff. Our principal, Mr. Pharrams taught us how to stick with three goals: being firm, fair, and constistant. Working there was the best experience of my teaching career and I hope only the best for the future of Capital Heights.

Last modified Capitol Heights Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.