Montgomery, AL

Capitol Heights Jr High School 2

Posted July 19, 2012
capital heights was a good school when i was going there but it has gone way down hill in the past 8 years since i was enrolled there. it was a great school back then and i would love to see it clean up.

Capitol Heights Jr High School 5

Posted January 22, 2009
Capitol Heights is such a great school. This school has some of the best teachers in the county. I am parent that has had 5 kids to attend CHJHS. I love everything about the programs and leadership. I have had so many great teachers to help my children. Ms. Gray, Mr. Holloway, and Ms. Peterson to name a few.

Capitol Heights Jr High School 4

Posted August 13, 2008
Capital Heights has been through major transition in the last few years. Our sons who both have learning disabilites have been treated with utmost respect from their teachers, the principal and the SE staff. Our philosophy on what makes a great school is simply this...parental involvement! The more we have been involved, the more we get what we think is needed with our children. I LOVE the principal, Mr Johnson who has high expectations from all the students as far as behavior and academics!! I LOVE THAT!!

Capitol Heights Jr High School 1

Posted April 23, 2008
Capitol Heights is a terrible school. Coming from a terrible neighborhood before moving to Montgomery, I thought I had seen the worst. The teachers seem not to care what kind of education is recieved, as long as they are getting paid. Unfair rules are taking place here, and quite frankly it is unfair. Next year my child will be attending a magnet school due to the poor effort the principal Mr.Johnson and the staff and faculty members are showing. If anything is need to be done, it would be a new principal and some work done on the school. As I observed the hallways are far too small for all of the students to travel period to period. It is a high danger area. Some medal detectors wouldn't do harm either.

Capitol Heights Jr High School 4

Posted October 28, 2007
I was a teacher at Capitol Heights Jr. High. This school is filled with loving teachers and administrators who have compassion and dedication to teaching. Some of the students who came from 'at risk' situations only needed nurturing and love from their home, school, and community. The staff did an excellent job working with students. Last year was a success do to the programs implemented by our administrative along with the teaching staff. Our principal, Mr. Pharrams taught us how to stick with three goals: being firm, fair, and constistant. Working there was the best experience of my teaching career and I hope only the best for the future of Capital Heights.

Capitol Heights Jr High School 1

Posted October 02, 2005
My son attended school and was verbally and physically abused by other students. After numerous failed attempts to resolve the conflicts within the school I was forced to report the problem with the County Board of Education and the State Board of Education as well. The school is overrun by hoodlums and behavior problems that the faculty and staff are too afraid to reprimand for their actions. I was forced to place my child in private school following 1 year of attendance. I recommend anyone planning on attending this school to seek other options. My son was robbed by students and was required to receive 20 stitches and 10 staples on his arm due to a student pushing him onto the bleachers and slicing his arm open to the bone. There were no teachers around and no student or faculty member received any disciplinary action whatsoever.

Capitol Heights Jr High School 5

Posted April 19, 2005
My child is doing fine at Capitol Heights, and we feel it has been a good year. We will return next year.

Capitol Heights Jr High School
116 Federal Dr, Montgomery, AL  36107
Last modified Capitol Heights Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Capitol Heights Jr High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top