Montgomery, AL

Posted April 18, 2014
This school is great for kids with special needs. Also they send a tutor to your home to help your child read up to par.

Posted September 09, 2013
My daughter started out at Dalraida and we were told by her Kindergarten teacher that she was very advanced for her age and she would benefit from testing into one of the magnet programs. We took her advice and my daughter was accepted into Forest Avenue. After a few years of Forest Avenue, we just weren't that impressed. My daughter had friends and didn't mind going to school, but the teachers were not living up to the expectations I had. It seemed like the teachers at FAAM just assumed all kids knew the "above grade" information and they did not want to teach, just grade. After a few years at FAAM, we made the decision to bring my daughter back to Dalraida. Best decision ever! We have notice the biggest change in her personality and we are so much happier with the teachers here at Dalraida. I almost regret ever sending her to magnet, but I am sure that it helped somewhere along the way. I highly recommend this school to other parents. Of course we worry about the middle & high school options after Dalraida, but we will cross that bridge when we get there. Very happy with Dalraida and so glad to bring my child back into this school before middle school starts.

Posted June 04, 2012
Excellent teachers... It starts with an excellent principal. My child simply loves going to school. I am very happy with Dalraida Elementary school.

Posted June 16, 2010
I used to attend Dalraida until grade 5, when I was unexpetedly transfered to Brewbaker Int. Dalraida was an awesome school and I had a great education. It taught me a lot about life as well. Because of what I learned in Dalraida, I am one of the smartest students at Brewbaker. Or should I say was, since, in a few months, I will be attending Brewbaker Middle School? I still remember all of my teachers and staff: so courteus, so nice, so educational. I will never forget everyone and everything I learned there and it's not leaving me for a long time. :)

Posted February 05, 2010
I love dalraida! mrs.keith cares so much about the kids and will do anything to keep them safe while the 3-6th grade are in the portables. They are done with the new building and we can eat lunch in there. It is awesome!

Dalraida Elementary School

Posted August 07, 2008
Dalraida is a wonderful 'neighborhood' school. The staff is wonderful and my children are happy learners!

Posted October 15, 2007
I have a 1st grader and Kindergartener at Dalraida. We feel so fortunate to be zoned for such a great school! We know several people who are moving to our neighborhood just so their children can go to this school. My kindergartener loves his teacher Ms. Glass, and My 1st grader loves her teacher Mrs. Golson! There is plenty of parental involvment and interaction, which makes a good school great! Hats off to our principal Mrs. Keith who knows how to run a successful school. Its nice to be able to send my children to their neighborhood school, especially in a time when so many families are forced to seek Magnet or Private schooling.

Posted March 02, 2007
I have a daughter in Kindergarten who absolutely loves going to Dalraida! Mrs. Mills is wonderful and my daughter is learning at a fast pace. The school could use more money (as all Alabama public schools could). We love Dalraida! I highly recommend this school.

Dalraida Elementary School 3

Posted September 19, 2006
Two of my daughters finished elementary at Dalraida after attending schools in other states; my youngest daughter is now a 4th grader at Dalraida. Academically, this school as good as it gets anywhere. However, like every other school in Montgomery county, it suffers from poor provisioning and disorganized management throughout the entire district. Problems include too much homework and extremely heavy backpacks (no wheels allowed). Back-to-school supply lists are long enough to provision my kids plus some others. These are problems for every school in the district and the impact is shared in Dalraida. When I attended schools in Montgomery, there was an occasional fundraiser for extracurricular activities; now they're for basic supplies for the school. Dalraida is a good school academically; but there are a lot of frustrations felt by parents and teachers.

Dalraida Elementary School 3

Posted August 15, 2005
I have twins at the school and I was very disappointed that the principal would not let them be in the same classroom in kindergarten. Even when I presented her with up to date reports from child psychologist saying it is best to keep twins together until they are ready to separate, she still would not budge on her opinion that seemed to be baseless. Also, I have found that many of the teachers are very disorganized often to the detriment of the students. The first day of this school year was total chaos because the school did not send out any information that parent's needed to know (e.g. Cost of school lunch and snacks, etc.). They should have had an Open House prior to the first day so parents could get this information and meet the teachers, but of course they didn't. Overall, I am very disappointed.

Dalraida Elementary School
440 Dalraida Rd, Montgomery, AL  36109
Last modified Dalraida Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dalraida Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top