Montgomery, AL

Dozier Elementary School 2

Posted July 30, 2014
This school lacks leadership and professionalism. The principal and her staff of teachers are very poor examples of how a school should run. This is the only school that I have ever had problems with. Nothing gets resolved instead, they just "sweep it under the rug" and hopes it will go away. I see a lot of parents walking their children into the school and showing support whenever there is something going on at the school, however, the parents Are Not shown the same respect. Sadly, I moved my son from a great school just 5 miles away and I have regretted ever since. There are some good teachers there, but unfortunately, not enough. I do not recommend anyone sending their child or children here, unless it is the only choice you have. Maybe if the school board weren't so busy and actually sent some of their members to see how the school is performing, there would be less problems. but unfortunately, Montgomery County has one of the poorest school systems I have ever experienced. As I stated earlier, a great lack of leadership from both the school board and the school.

Posted April 29, 2014
This school is great! I love it ad my daughter loves it as well. The teachers are amazing. This is my daughter's second year and she excelled here!

Posted October 25, 2013
My sons have been going to this school for 3yrs, I have not had any problems I luv it.

Posted May 27, 2011
Son has not yet started school here yet,but this is where he zone. As soon as he start com back and write a review.

Posted December 03, 2008

Posted August 15, 2008
I am very satisfied with Dozier Elementary. I have not had any problems thus far. I have found that most of the disappointed parents are the parents that are not involved. You must be involved with you child if not 90% of the time at least 55%. I don't visit the school everyday. But, I am a parent that both teachers and other faculty members know. It's all about parent involvement.

Posted November 14, 2007

Posted September 27, 2007
No football here. Music, art, clubs and everything else. It is a very good school.

Dozier Elementary School 1

Posted June 28, 2007
I was very disappointed in this school. We moved into a neighborhood zoned for this school and we had high hopes. My child is having to re-learn what she should have learned this year to prep for next year (at a new school) over the summer. There are no extracurriculars at this school. The parent participation/involvement is virtually non-existant or minimal. The teachers have a lot of heart and need it because the school disciplinary code is lacking. . This school has the flavor of an inner city school. Something nice: The saving grace is the big library. There are lots and lots of books if a child likes to read.

Dozier Elementary School
200 Eastern Blvd, Montgomery, AL  36117
Last modified Dozier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dozier Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top