Bad
Good
1 OVERALL RATING

I have one child enrolled at Flowers school. He is in 1st grade and his Teacher is absolutely wonderful. But the office staff needs some work. They are not real big on parent involvment unless it benefits them and I dont like that. I feel that I should be able to pop in whenever and and chceck on my child but you pretty well have to schedule your visits. It makes me feel that they are doing things that they shouldnt be doing and do not want the parents to know about it. I do not recommend this school at all if you are a parent that likes to be involved with your childs education and I am currently trying to get my child into the magnet program if that doesnt work I hope that we can move into another school district soon.

On Grandparents' Day I came to visit my grand daughter. She seemed happy. All the children did. I wanted to just 'see' her class room to see where she sat but the principal wouldn't let me. I thought that odd. I know in this day of school killings and other upheavals you have to be careful, but it was Grandparents' day. I think I should have been allowed to at least see her classroom.

This will be my daughters 5th year at Flowers. She is in the 4th grade, my son also attended Flowers and he is now in college. Most all of the teachers are the same as they were when my son went and they were wonderful then. The adminstrative staff and prinicipal is wonderful and really care for my daughter and help her. She has a mild handicap and they have worked with me with her since day one. They are very eager to help the kids and watch them grow. I don't know what I'm going to do when she has to go into Jr. High School!

Last modified Flowers Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.