Montgomery, AL

Flowers Elementary School 2

Posted January 08, 2009
I have one child enrolled at Flowers school. He is in 1st grade and his Teacher is absolutely wonderful. But the office staff needs some work. They are not real big on parent involvment unless it benefits them and I dont like that. I feel that I should be able to pop in whenever and and chceck on my child but you pretty well have to schedule your visits. It makes me feel that they are doing things that they shouldnt be doing and do not want the parents to know about it. I do not recommend this school at all if you are a parent that likes to be involved with your childs education and I am currently trying to get my child into the magnet program if that doesnt work I hope that we can move into another school district soon.

Posted February 15, 2008
On Grandparents' Day I came to visit my grand daughter. She seemed happy. All the children did. I wanted to just 'see' her class room to see where she sat but the principal wouldn't let me. I thought that odd. I know in this day of school killings and other upheavals you have to be careful, but it was Grandparents' day. I think I should have been allowed to at least see her classroom.

Posted December 09, 2007
the staff is very friendly

Posted October 18, 2007
This will be my daughters 5th year at Flowers. She is in the 4th grade, my son also attended Flowers and he is now in college. Most all of the teachers are the same as they were when my son went and they were wonderful then. The adminstrative staff and prinicipal is wonderful and really care for my daughter and help her. She has a mild handicap and they have worked with me with her since day one. They are very eager to help the kids and watch them grow. I don't know what I'm going to do when she has to go into Jr. High School!

Flowers Elementary School 4

Posted August 13, 2005
Since the fall of 1988, I have had at least one child enrolled at Flowers each year. My oldest is now a senior at AUM, my middle is a senior at Lee, and the youngest just finished sixth grade at Flowers and will attend Goodwyn this year. All three of them are excellent, well-behaved students. I can't take sole credit for that- they spend as much time in school as they do with me. The teaching and administrative staff at Flowers is excellent! Flowers is one of the best school choices for elementary-age children in Montgomery.

Flowers Elementary School 4

Posted March 18, 2004
Flowers is an excellent school, there are an average of three teachers per grade level. At least two of these are generally great teachers. There is not much extracurricular activity to speak of, however, the teaches do a good job of giving the students fun, yet educational activities to work on outside of class.

Flowers Elementary School 5

Posted September 09, 2003
I have two boys in this school. They are both in Special Education. The help they recieve from the entire staff is second to none. All schools should have a staff like Flowers.

Flowers Elementary School 5

Posted August 19, 2003
I have three children enrolled in Flowers Elementary. The teachers are great! Keep up the good work!

Flowers Elementary School
3510 Harrison Rd, Montgomery, AL  36109
Last modified Flowers Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Flowers Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top