Bad
Good

Posted April 08, 2015
I attended Floyd all 3 years, and I did band as my elective. I'm one of those students who do not understand material as easy as others. The teachers really work with you. Like most schools, you have cetain teachers that aren't exceptional, but the staff is very nice and helpful. I am now a freshman at BTW Magnet High School with Concert Band as my magnet. My band teacher that helped me get to where I am now is supposedly retiring this year, but I believe that he was a great impact for me, as well as many other teachers. I hope this school continues to grow.

Posted April 04, 2014
I think Floyd is the best Middle School in Montgomery County, public or private. FMMS has been recognized as a Pacesetter School for Making Middle Schools work for the last 3 years. Students have multiple opportunities for club involvement and competition. Our sports teams are fun, and have won MPS Championship titles. We have strong parent support at every event. Our school has slightly over 500 students, and our PTSA has over 550 members. Parents can get daily access regarding school happenings through email, Facebook, websites and blog posts. Teachers are available to tutor children one hour every week. The FMMS community is not perfect, but it is actively pursuing improvement and excellence is being attained.

Posted April 02, 2014
My son has a great a experience at Floyd. The math instruction is exceptional, the PTSA is very involved, and the teachers are committed to providing a great education. Each academic teacher offers tutoring, and there are extra-curricular academic activites such as MathCounts and the Technology Students Association. Floyd also has a thriving sports program.

Posted January 16, 2014
This is our first year at Floyd Middle Magnet and my 7th grader is thriving. We are a military family, and we did extensive research to make sure we picked the best school for our child. Floyd was our first choice, and we made the right one. Our student is eager to get to school, and excited to come early for band practice or stay after for Math Team practice. The majority of the teachers have 15+ years of teaching experience, post graduate degrees, and are committed to helping their students get the best education possible. The school has a strong PTSA, and all parents are welcome to get involved. The doors are open to parent volunteers, and all volunteers are greatly appreciated. The principal and vice principal are easy to reach, and any questions or concerns are handled promptly. The school also offers many sports programs. Soccer, basketball, volleyball, track, cheerleading, and wrestling are now available. The exterior of Floyd Middle Magnet may not be the prettiest, but the interior is a place of higher learning where your child can excel in Math, Science, Technology, and core curriculum.

Posted September 10, 2013
Floyd Madnet Middle School is a great school. This is my daughter first time attending a Magnet school. She's been in Private school since 4 years to 6th grade. She like it alot, meeting new people her age; teacher and enjoying school activity. I incourage her to make the best of everything she does and take the lord along with her everywhere she goes. I am learning as well as she about Floyd Magnet Middle School. A new school can change anyones life. It change your for the good to be at Floyd Magnet Middle School. It's helping us to get along with different people and learned more about math,science and technology that will help my daughter group in this world and to give back what she had learn. Thanks for everything. A proud mother,

Posted May 18, 2013
My son has had a wonderful school year and I am truly glad that he will have another year to grow there.

Posted December 08, 2011
Floyd is a great place to learn and be different. The school is amazing. The classes are too. It hasa warm feeling to it. Speaking from experience.

Posted July 27, 2010
Great school, active PTSA, and very challenging curriculum. I've had one child to complete 6-8 grade and another one is about to begin.

Posted October 07, 2009
Great school, with very active PTSA. Love the parent involvement at this school.

Posted October 05, 2009
This is an awesome magnet school. The teachers really work with the students to get them where they need to be.

Floyd Middle School
3444 Lebron Rd, Montgomery, AL  36111
Last modified Floyd Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Floyd Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top