Bad
Good

One of the best Schools in Alabama. My grandchildren attend Head School and they have excelled in academics sense they first enrolled.

LOVE this school went there as a child and my child goes there.The parents are always really invoved and the teachers are great.

As a military family, we found Head to be just wonderful! Our son was there for K-2 and hated to leave! We had heard mixed reviews about Montgomery schools, but our experience at Head was wonderful! Great neighborhood school!

Communication between faculty and parents not up to standards, school website not updated, still has September 2007 calendar for info, principal doesn't show interest in students

My oldest son has went to head since kindergarten now he's in fourth grade but the quality and feeling like it a second home has gone since the changing of the principal's in the last few years.I would not suggest this school to anyone.As my son will be changing school next year.

Our child is in K-5 at Head this year. He loves the coach's outdoor walking program in the morning before school. He is also quite thrilled with the idea of eating breakfast at school from time to time. At such a young age he has a sense of pride in his school. I keep hearing things like, 'Mom, pull the car up further. Coach doesn't want us to walk on his grass. We need to use the sidewalk.' :) I think it's great. His teacher, Amy Williams, has been super at communicating where he accelerates and what gives him a bit of trouble, too. I feel like we are working as a team to bring out the best in him. THAT is such a blessing! So, I basically wish that all Montgomery Public Schools could attain the standard that Head Elementary has achieved.

I am impressed with the quality of the teachers at Head. My daughter's first grade teacher pushes the students to do the work and they have homework every night. I think that's good. She likes her teacher, he is fair, and keeps control of his classroom. He expects them to work and behave and praises them and gives them little 'prizes' for their accomplishments. He makes the children want to perform. Her kindergarten teacher last year was excellent as well. I consider my daughter and myself very fortunate to be in Head Elementary rather than any other school in Montgomery County. I don't know much about Mrs. Jones, the principal. She is new. The former principal, Mrs. Mallett was a 'hands own' principal and I feel that we suffered a loss when she left. However, Mrs. Jones may prove to be just as involved.

Last modified Head Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6