Montgomery, AL

Posted January 16, 2011
One of the best Schools in Alabama. My grandchildren attend Head School and they have excelled in academics sense they first enrolled.

Posted January 07, 2011
LOVE this school went there as a child and my child goes there.The parents are always really invoved and the teachers are great.

Head Elementary School 0

Posted February 02, 2009
As a military family, we found Head to be just wonderful! Our son was there for K-2 and hated to leave! We had heard mixed reviews about Montgomery schools, but our experience at Head was wonderful! Great neighborhood school!

Head Elementary School 2

Posted January 26, 2009
Communication between faculty and parents not up to standards, school website not updated, still has September 2007 calendar for info, principal doesn't show interest in students

Head Elementary School 1

Posted November 14, 2008
My oldest son has went to head since kindergarten now he's in fourth grade but the quality and feeling like it a second home has gone since the changing of the principal's in the last few years.I would not suggest this school to anyone.As my son will be changing school next year.

Posted September 11, 2008
Our child is in K-5 at Head this year. He loves the coach's outdoor walking program in the morning before school. He is also quite thrilled with the idea of eating breakfast at school from time to time. At such a young age he has a sense of pride in his school. I keep hearing things like, 'Mom, pull the car up further. Coach doesn't want us to walk on his grass. We need to use the sidewalk.' :) I think it's great. His teacher, Amy Williams, has been super at communicating where he accelerates and what gives him a bit of trouble, too. I feel like we are working as a team to bring out the best in him. THAT is such a blessing! So, I basically wish that all Montgomery Public Schools could attain the standard that Head Elementary has achieved.

Posted September 20, 2006
I am impressed with the quality of the teachers at Head. My daughter's first grade teacher pushes the students to do the work and they have homework every night. I think that's good. She likes her teacher, he is fair, and keeps control of his classroom. He expects them to work and behave and praises them and gives them little 'prizes' for their accomplishments. He makes the children want to perform. Her kindergarten teacher last year was excellent as well. I consider my daughter and myself very fortunate to be in Head Elementary rather than any other school in Montgomery County. I don't know much about Mrs. Jones, the principal. She is new. The former principal, Mrs. Mallett was a 'hands own' principal and I feel that we suffered a loss when she left. However, Mrs. Jones may prove to be just as involved.

Posted August 05, 2005
In my opinion this school is the best Elementary School in Montgomery.The principal does not allow the students to run wild she is very active in the halls and in every aspect of running a clean well disciplined school.She installed cameras for the safety of the children.The teachers there are well educated and caring teachers.When there is a problem Mrs.Mallett is right there to help you work through it.I attended this school and so has my children and now my nieces.We all believed in Head School and the learning they recieve there.

Head Elementary School 4

Posted February 23, 2004
Overall Head is a good school. It is safe, has an excellent principal who has been there several years and the overall teacher quality it good. There is a very active and well run PTA assisting the teachers and administrators. Our experience has been the one weakness is in 6th grade. The teachers are capable but definitely do not challenge the students at this grade level. This makes 7th grade a challenge for many of the students.

Head Elementary School