Houston Hill Jr High School 5

Posted February 06, 2009

Houston Hill Jr High School 4

Posted August 08, 2008
'What you've heard about Houston Hill Junior High School...put that all away.' ---Houston Hill isn't really such a bad school, it's just the kids who make hard for the faculty and staff. This is going to be my 3rd year attending at this school, to let you know. Sure it still needs to improve, but don't let that stop you from going or not letting your child go there. It is just like any school, with both education/sports. To tell the truth, My mom and I was scared as well when I found out I had to go there for 7th. But after a while, I came to realize it's not as scary as it would be. The teachers are nice/educated, the new principal [2nd year there..] is strict as well as soft, and the faculty/staff are willing to help. Please, contact me for more info: RamonaBertuso@yahoo.com

Houston Hill Jr High School 3

Posted May 07, 2007
This is a small school serving a mostly lower-income community, and with the problems that implies. That said, the school is well-run, clean, orderly, and safe, and most of the teachers seem qualified and caring. The student-teacher ratio is lower than average for public schools, which is a plus. I note the negative reviews from several years ago but have not seen those problems this year. The current school uniform policy has probably eliminated some of the complaints cited. The school has also made improvements in test scores and other benchmarks. It remains, however, one school in an underfunded school system. So there is an uphill climb. Nonetheless, this seems to be one of the better non-magnet public junior high schools in the city.

Houston Hill Jr High School 3

Posted July 31, 2004
I am not a parent I am a student at Houston Hills. Yes, I agree it was a bad school went I first got there. I didn't like it either. I went there for almost all year when I went to home schooling. I got bored with home schooling so i went back. It is a much better school now that we got a principal, an assistant principal and teachers that care. I think I am the only Native Amercian there . I like it now that I don't get picked on all the time I can get my school work done in peace. It has become a good school scence they have changed principals and assisant principals. It has been a good year . I made A's and B's this time around.

Houston Hill Jr High School 1

Posted August 26, 2003
I was new to Montgomery and made a big mistake sending my son to Houston Hill.This is a scary school! When I walked in the school I saw kids wearing chain as big as bike chains. Could it be used as a weapon? They didn't help us with my sons schedule as planning in the future. They call it a 'Magnet' school, that's a joke. For the most of it the principal and teachers are out of touch! When I went to a PTSA meeting, there was about 15 parents at the meeting. This school needs help! My son only went there for one year, thank God! Please don't send your kids to this school.

Houston Hill Jr High School
215 Hall St, Montgomery, AL  36104
Last modified Houston Hill Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9
Houston Hill Jr High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top