Montgomery, AL

Vaughn Road Elementary School 1

Posted December 09, 2014
Worst school I have every seen they promote bullying and will avoid your requests for parent to parent conferences. Some of the staff are inconsistent and lazy. Starting with the principal. The kids are not learning and the teachers are being told to pass the kids with Cs and Ds so that they can meet their requirements. Do yourself a favor and avoid this school at all cost.

Posted January 06, 2011
Maybe it's because we came from an awful school in South Carolina where the children were bullied -- often by the teachers, but I could not be happier with this school and my daughter loves her teacher and the school. This is the first school where they have actually been concerned about how my daughter learns and where she is academically. They have worked very hard to get her up to speed which is a big jump since she learned next to nothing in her either of her schools in South Carolina. Kudos to the administration, the teachers, the school nurse, the children, and the staff. We have four children and this is one of the only schools I have not dreaded having to walk into.

Vaughn Road Elementary School 4

Posted June 08, 2009

Vaughn Road Elementary School 1

Posted June 07, 2009
I am unsure as to what is going on with this school. My child started there in 3rd grade which was a really good year, excellent teacher, caring staff, awesome principal. 4th grade was shaky. 5th grade, she had as awesome teacher; however, I noticed the principal was not as helpful and the staff was dwindling down. Many teachers had quit or transferred and the school did not seem as stable as it once was.

Posted January 09, 2008
VR is an excellent school who received excellent grades. My oldest son started there in kindergarten now he is in the second grade. My youngest son attends VR also and he is in kindergarten and I didn't think twice about where was he going to go for kindergarten! I love it and they love it there and we wouldn't have it any other way. The pricipal is wonderful, when the kids walk up to her in the hall, she not only listens to what they have to say, she gives them an answer before she walks off. I know because I've seen it done!

Posted July 19, 2007
Great school. Great principle. Great teachers. Promotes reading. My son loves this school. He couldn't read when he started& months later he was reading above his grade level.Principle and staff promotes reading. Well disciplined. They keep you informed. Excellent PTA.You want just find their principle in the office. She meets you in the hallways,the cafeteria, the classrooms and even outside when school gets out. She is out calling each car rider when there parent arrives.

Vaughn Road Elementary School 2

Posted July 16, 2007
1.Poor discipline for uppers grades and no administrative assistance for upper grade teachers. 2. Decent parental involvement... there could be more especially in upper grades. 3. 3-6 grades do not receive music instruction. 4. K-2 grades do not receive physical education from certified physical educator.

Posted December 18, 2006
I have a brother who attends this wonderful school. He is a special needs student and their special education is the best. They really focus on teaching individuals like my brother to their full capacities and then some. I would reccommend this extraordinary school to anyone.

Vaughn Road Elementary School 4

Posted May 14, 2006
I worked at this school for two years. The faculty is very close-knit and hard working. They all have the children's best interests at heart. The principal is very visible. She is in all classrooms, the library, the lunchroom, and in the hallways on a daily basis. She knows many of the children by name. Many opportunities are available for parents to become involved. Parents are encouraged to visit. The head custodian does an excellent job of keeping the facilities clean and maintained both inside and out. She goes out of her way to decorate the school on special occasions. Guests are always made to feel welcome. Vaughn Road is a wonderful place to work and go to school.

Posted February 19, 2005
My daughter attended this school last year in the 6th grade.. The teachers there were wonderful and her homeroom teacher went out of his way to become her homebound teacher as well as his daily job and a student at night. The school nurse was also very understanding and just out and out wonderful.

Vaughn Road Elementary School
4407 Vaughn Rd, Montgomery, AL  36106
Last modified Vaughn Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vaughn Road Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top