Bad
Good

All I can say is since I've gotten older and had kids of my own I'm sorry to say Brewbaker Intermediate in my experience this school is just not a good school anymore!!!!

My son has been attending BIS since 3rd grade and we have had nothing bt trouble from the students and faculty alike!! He gets bullied relentlessly on a daily basis, not just name calling but kids have physically hit and shoved him!! I've went to the school more than a dozen times and NOTHING has been done!! It's the same old song and dance.. Ms. Starr and other faculty will say; " Ok Ms. ****, I will look into this and get this solved." Well a couple of days later it's the same thing over again!! If that's not enough the curriculum is a drag and it seems they learn the same thing over and over each grade and not just as a refresher courses either!! They have very few field trips and extra curricular activities available for the students!! I am so glad that we will be moving to a totally different county in 5 weeks!!! I wouldn't recc this school OR ANY school in Montgomery, AL!!!!

Brewbaker is a great school the teachers there are nice to a certain extent, but one thing this school does is ask for money every other week we as parents feel like we are paying for them to get an education at this school both of my kids attend this school and it really sucks I am a low income parent and I don't have money like that to just give the school.

Not cooperative with parents and unresponsive to students safety. The curriculum is boring and the students do little to no extracurricular activities. Some of the teacher are quality teachers like Ms. Garrett. She is teacher that is willing and able to teach the students in a way that is fun and exciting. The students are able to read books they like after finishing there work. I also like the P.E. coaches they work with the students and they make P.E. fun. I also liked the Motown PTA meeting. The parents, teachers, and students enjoyed themselves (and I can't wait to see what they perform next year(.

I think that this school has to many chiefs. It seems as though the teachers are always focused on trivial things and not the important things. They treat the children like they are adults as the children have the right to make thier own decisions about their life. Yes you have some children who have parents that just don't care but don't sterotype all children as being that way and then take your frustations out on the children who's parents do care. That is not fair at all. I think that the teachers need more training and more workshops. Personally I feel that there is just no end to the lack of accountablility in this school and the Montgomery school system as a whol.

I personally feel that the educational system here is very slow. And while I believe that education is very important I just don't feel that the teachers here think the same way. It seems as though they are just working to get a paycheck and the children are losing out because of this. I think that education is very important for our children and the teachers here knew what they were getting into before they were hired and yet they forget what the main goal is in the montgomery school district. There is a sacrifice in everything that you do it is just a question of if you are willing to do it and quite frankly they just don't care.

I think my child deserves better. just because it is a free public school doesn't mean it is the right school I feel that my child deserves the best out of life and brewbaker is not right for my child.

Last modified Brewbaker Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 3-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.