No rating

Trinity Presbyterian School

Private | PK-12 | 914 students

Living in Montgomery

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $132,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $770.

Posted September 15, 2014

We love being apart of the Trinity family! My children have been challenged academically while being taught in a Christ-centered environment! I have been impressed with everyone I have encountered from the Headmaster to teachers to the custodial staff. I appreciate the use of technology integrated with traditional classroom teaching methods. I love that all are encouraged to use their talents to glorify God through academics, the arts, or athletics. I feel confident leaving my children each day knowing that Christian educators are praying with them, teaching them, and guiding them to reach their full potential!

Posted September 12, 2014

We love this school! We have a 3rd grader and K4 student this year, and we have been so incredibly happy with their education in every area. All of the teachers and staff truly love what they do and love the kids as their own. I feel as though my children are challenged and encouraged equally...all with a Christian thread woven throughout all that they are learning. If you are looking for the highest quality education and highest quality character-building school, then Trinity is the place for your children.

Posted September 11, 2014

Trinity is not just a private school to us, its family!! Trinity is a wonderful Christian private school focusing both on academics and biblical views. The teachers and staff go above and beyond to teach, love and nurture the students. The headmaster Mr. Palmer is excellent! I have 2 children who attend Trinity and they love it! A christian education is very important to our family and we love how Trinity shapes and molds your child with these principals through education! I also graduated from Trinity and proud to say my children attend this fantastic school. Trinity offers so many activities and programs and we are very pleased! We love the Sage dining that they offer for lunch. Its wonderful to have this provided!! When you send your children to Trinity you are immediately welcomed with open arms and you have a new family to share your child with!

Posted July 30, 2014

Trinity Presbyterian School is an AWESOME school!! The academics are excellent! Teachers are excellent! The administration is excellent! Parent involvement is excellent - Every parent has multiple opportunities to choose to volunteer if they so desire. We are very thankful for the education our children are receiving. I only wish that we had another little one to be able to start in the new K4 program. It is a great time to have a student at Trinity!!

Posted July 2, 2014

Trinity Presbyterian School is a wonderful school. No school is perfect and I do not expect TPS to be perfect. In response of only influential parents being asked to help; the PTO sends forms home to EVERY parent in the spring. It actually is sent home twice. Any parents gets the opportunity to fill out where they want to help. So the person below obviously made the choice to not help. My child is not only getting a wonderful education (I am a teacher myself not at Trinity) she is being loved, nurtured, looked out for, and in an environment that she can also openly be herself. I am grateful for Trinity not only for the academic aspect but for also the community aspect as well.

Posted March 23, 2014

My husband and I were also fooled by the Christian facade. The elementary school was good, but middle and high school were terrible. The social pressure is terrible. Only the influential families are involved because the are the only ones asked to be involved by the teachers because of the favoritism. My child did play sports and was very good but was bullied by older girls because she played instead of other students. The coaches did absolutely nothing about it. Academically, there are a few good teachers in the middle and high school, but the math department has been terrible for years and nothing has been done to improve it and it appears nothing is going to be done. Please choose another school for your child unless you are one of the same types that already runs this school. Before someones says this review is by someone that just could not afford the school....I definitely could afford the school tuition, I just could not afford what the biased and snobby faculty and families were doing to my child's self esteem.

Posted October 24, 2013

This is the worst private school in Montgomery, I would advise you not to send your children here. The faculty is much more interested in how your child looks, than how your child performs academically. The faculty here pick obvious favorites, who wants to send their child to a hostile and judging environment? Principal leadership? well to bad their is not negative numbers for that, a 1 star is too complimentary of them.

Posted September 10, 2013

Choosing Trinity as the school for our children was one of the best decisions my husband and I have ever made. The teachers and families at Trinity are loving and kind. You can tell that teachers take a special interest in each child. I'm amazed at the one-on-one attention both my children receive. Trinity is challenging academically, and I sleep well at night knowing they are receiving one of the best educations in Montgomery. We have been at Trinity for 9 years, and I can't imagine being anywhere else!

Posted September 10, 2013

Trinity Presbyterian School is one of the most outstanding schools in the Montgomery area. Trinity is a topflight technology-minded school, earning the award of an Apple Distinguished School for 2012-2013. Students are offered a wide variety of courses as well as opportunities to participate in athletics and the arts. As an employee of Trinity Presbyterian School, I can honestly say that Trinity is the most wonderful place to work.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 10, 2013

Trinity Presbyterian School is a great choice for our children. Academic rigor with a Christian worldview and a positive culture for learning is what we have experienced.

Posted October 8, 2012

My mother is a nurse practitioner and my father is a physician here in Montgomery, and I attended Trinity for 4 years. Going to Trinity was one of the worst experiences of my life. The teachers, students, and even parents were rude and encouraged bad behavior. The environment was far from "Christian." In fact, it was quite the opposite. Favoritism is shown, and the wealthy families control everything behind the scenes. I finally grew sick of the falseness and left for Baldwin Magnet. When I got there, I found that I was severely behind in math and English, as emphasis is put on athletics at Trinity rather than academics. Thankfully, I caught up and did fine. I am now in my first year at LAMP, the top ranked high school in Alabama. To anyone reading this, DO NOT send your child/children to Trinity (unless you are a hypocrite and wealthy/athletic enough to hang in with the big crowd). Instead, I recommend the magnet system if your child is capable, or even standard public.

Posted March 12, 2012

I definitely made the right decision when I decided to send my three children to Trinity. The teachers truly care. Even though the work load can be heavy at times, my oldest child is truly ready for college. I cannot say enough about Trinity. It is a school that produces a well rounded student!

Posted August 31, 2011

Great school, great teachers, and a wonderful christian enviornment. The teachers go the extra mile and really seem to care about them. We feel it is definitley worth the sacrafice of going to a private school. Great investment in our childrens future. Although other competing schools may have nicer facilities, they dont offer the religous aspect that we feel is most important in our childrens lives.

Posted May 30, 2011

As a recent graduate of Trinity, I can honestly say that Trinity prepared me for college and life. I am so thankful for the teachers and staff members that cultivated my academic and spiritual life. Arts are actively promoted in the school today. Students have the opportunity to study dance, art, drama, forensics, and much more.

Posted April 18, 2011

Having had three children graduate from Trinty and one still there I can honestly say that it is not the same school it once was. Their actions speak louder than their words. In economic crisis it would make sense to centralize control to reduce cost rather than to expand and add positions which is exactly what happened. Middle school was added to Upper and Lower School, a new upper school principal was brought in. Athletics has totally gotten out of hand as well. Practices are scheduled so that no normal family can take those long weekend family trips and as Christians family time is prized rather than discouraged. Labor Day, Friday after 4th of July, Friday after Thanksgiving and I could go on an on. In addition if your child participates in sports you are expected to work the gate and concessions. Many of these are scheduled at 4 or 5PM. I don;t know who could just leave work and tell their boss that reason and get away with it unless you were extremely wealthy and owned the business, or had very flexible hours. As far as sports banquets you will get no slack either. You bring the food and then you get billed for it. I fear like many in the world trinty has lost it's way.

Posted April 18, 2009

Trinity is a great school to attend. I have attended Trinity from K-11 and have enjoyed everything this school provides to me. It provides students with a fun environment, while at the same time giving them a high quality education. I wouldn't attend any other school (public or private) in the area to attend but Trinity. Schools like MA, Saint James, or ACA do not compare to what this school provides (education, athletics, and environment). If you want your child to grow up in a great Christian environment than Trinity is the best school to attend.
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 8, 2006

Having attended Trinity and proceeded on to a highly ranked university I can say that Trinity left me ill prepared when compared to the high schools attended by my current peers. Any attempts to improve the quality of education seem to by stymied by the quibbling of the more influential parents whose children may lack the ability to obtain a predetermined grade. Any religious aspects of the school do not penetrate further than the faux public relations image. Arts are practically nonexistent. But nonetheless, athletics remains as an indubitable powerhouse.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted June 4, 2006

I attended Trinity for many years. The staff offers excellent academic opportunities, however, the leadership is, unfortunately, lacking in morals. The wealthiest and most influential families pull strings and are treated with, for the most part, whatever they desire. While they claim to be a 'Christian' school, it is merely a tag line for them. There is a very small focus on the arts...the athletic teams are shown favoritism and sports take precidence over academics to a fairly heavy extent. I would recommend public school over choosing this private school to any parent who asked my advice.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 29, 2006

Me and my husband had our child enrolled in this school for 2 years. After the first year we were not impressed, so we deceided to give it one more year thinking it was just that grade. We were wrong, the teachers at the school show favortisim. They have their favorites and they do not treat each child the same. I did not want to be apart of this and had my child pulled out because of it. I believe each child should be treated the same, but that is not the case with the teachers at Trinity.

Posted February 17, 2006

Our family has only been at Trinity two years, but I believe it is an exceptional school. The faculty does a tremendous job of tapping into each child's individual talents. I think Trinity wants to help each child reach his/her potential, whatever it may be. As far as parent involvement, Trinity will allow you, as a parent, to do as much or as little you want to do. The opportunity is there, you just have to be willing to get involved. We believe that Trinity is the best school for our family.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Presbyterian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1700 East Trinity Boulevard