No rating

Alabama Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 103 students

Living in Montgomery

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $85,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $730.

Posted January 15, 2014

Good school for kids up to about 7th or 8th grade. At that point the bible class becomes more of a joke for the kids and basically the school becomes a regular public school. My daughter has been at the school since 6th grade but will not return for her last few high school years. Faculty and teachers share other kids issues. My daughter tells me that's how she learns most of the dirt that's going on at the time. Students can really do anything immorally just as long as they keep their grades up. Maybe get in school suspension at the most. I don't recommend this school if you are looking for diversity. Faculty/staff is not diversified. Some students and faculty have very strong southern dialect and ideology. Something that has been very funny to me and my family is that at every game a truck load of ACA students rev up the motor after each touch down. Never seen this before in my life.

Posted November 7, 2013

I attended ACA from 7th through 12th grade and graduated about 10yrs ago. Under no circumstances would I ever send my children there, I would quit my job and homeschool them if it came to that. I wasn't exactly the most moral student while I attended. Nothing too crazy just some beers on the weekends, pretty much normal high school stuff. But when the administration heard about it (a few of the teachers made it a point to hit students up for "dirt" on other students) I was continually harassed. By harassed I mean they called me into the principals office after every weekend and demanded I come clean and tell them who I was with (some of them are teachers there now) over the weekend and who partook in drinking. I learned very quickly to deny everything, admit nothing, and demand proof. This is just one example of the stuff they do. I could go on for quite some time but I will spare you. Seriously though, send your kids to MA, St James, or even a public school.

Posted August 31, 2013

I have attended ACA for a while now, and while there are several things wrong with the school, overall I do not regret my decision to stay. The academics are decent, but are lacking significantly in the science and foreign languages department - however, history, english, and math are amazing! Teachers care a lot about the students, and do not discriminate against those who do not share the "Church of Christ" faith (which is an overwhelming majority of the students). The religious atmosphere is extremely poor, but a large percentage of students are more focused on academics anyway. Chapel services EVERYDAY have become monotonous, and have lost their importance within the student body. Christian "morals" are strictly enforced, and I suppose that is why ACA has the reputation it has. The arts program, aside from the band, is basically non-existent - which is a shame, but is also reality. If you are looking for your children to have an intense education in preparation for college, I would advise sending them to a magnet school (preferably LAMP). However, if you want your children to have a more "sheltered" education with good Christian morals, then I would definitely send them here.

Posted November 9, 2009

Our child just started ACA this year in the first grade. My younger sister attended ACA, so my wife and I knew that we wanted our daughter to receive the identical education, both spiritually as well as academically, that my sister received. So far, we are extremely pleased. More importantly though, our daughter loves attending ACA. As an involved parent with very high standards, I'm certain that she is receiving a stellar education. Her vocabulary, mathematical skills, knowledge of the Bible, and overall social skills have greatly improved in just the short 4 months she has attended. We love ACA and our two year old will attend there as well.

Posted November 26, 2007

I am in the 11th Grade, and have been going to ACA since 7th Grade, I have made so many friendships with my peers, and teachers that will last me a lifetime. The faculty knows that our school is not perfect, and are working very hard to improve it, both in a spiritual, and physical aspect. Something new that was started last year was a group where high school students during chapel (which lasts for 15 minutes every day) mentor younger middle school students about the bible. Another new group started this year is so high school students can tutor jr. high, so they are working to break the age gap barrier. On the physical aspect, our football stadium was newly renovated, we are the first private school in montgomery, and it's surrounding areas to have a coffee shop. I feel as if I ever need something ACA has open arms.
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 25, 2006

ACA is wonderful. My children, one a graduate and one still enrolled, have thrived in this environment. The caring faculty, the nice facilities (which are being improved yet again), the variety of extra-curricular programs, the academic offerings (which have been expanded to include AP courses), and the emphasis on student spirituality (which is constantly being worked on and improved)gave me peace of mind as a parent. While this school is not a perfect place, when I look at the options available in Montgomery, I am so thankful for ACA.

Posted March 11, 2006

My children have attended ACA for the past 2 years. However, they will not be attending this coming year. My husband and I are very disappointed with the spiritual atmosphere at the school. On paper ACA seems to be a Christian school, but it is not what we are used to as a Christian school. It is definetly a moral school, but there is little to no emphasis on spiritual growth except in the general character training. ACA has many good programs and extra curricular stuff, but in the end I would rather my children received a true Christian education.

Posted December 15, 2005

I think Alabama Christian is probably an okay school however it did not meet our families expectations in regards to overall spiritual needs of our children. Also, we chose not to send our children here because the class size ratio was overwhelming.

Posted October 18, 2005

I am a student at ACA and I have enjoyed everything about ACA. It has a wide variety of things to be involved in not just sports, but also a great music and drama programs ect.! I feel that if a student will try hard and get involved, they will feel blessed by their time at ACA. I do not mind getting up and going to school because I know that I will be safe and will feel cared for. I do not like when people complain about ACA, who do not go there. Take it from me, a student, that your child will be glad they attend ACA!
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 31, 2004

We always knew that when it came time to send our children to school they would attend ACA. My husband and I both graduated from Alabama Christian and knew that they would be safe, loved, and well educated. But this school has far exceeded our expectations. ACA has truly been a second family to us. My children have wonderful, loving, Christian teachers who set an incredible moral example each and every day. Our elementary principal is absolutely one of the best people I have ever met, and the staff is terrific. My children have made incredible friends, and there are so many opportunities for parental involvement. The curriculum is challenging and is presented in a exciting way so that the children have fun while learning. We are proud to be a part of this school and definitely feel we made the right decision in sending our children to ACA.

Posted October 29, 2004

ACA is an excellent school with high educational standards and caring teachers. I am pleased with the education my children (9 and 6) are receiving and thrilled about the Christian environment ACA provides. The staff and faculty have always been very helpful and understanding. ACA provides a large range of extracurricular activities and exposes the children to so many new things. This is very important as it allows children to determine what they are good at and helps them excel in that area. I would proudly reccommend ACA to any prospective family. Your child will be educated, loved, cared for and taught about Jesus and His example. You can't go wrong!

Posted October 28, 2004

What a great school. My children and now my grandchildren attended ACA. The teachers care about each child. They are willing to go the second mile with love and understanding. ACA offers wonderful programs of music, sports and academics to prepare children for higher education. The Bible is read to the children everyday. Montgomery is so fortunate to have a school like ACA. God bless ACA.
—Submitted by a staff

Posted October 28, 2004

Our son was a student at ACA for the 2003-2004 school year. He was in the newly formed K4 program. We were very impressed with the teachers - Ms. Carol Witt, Ms. Martha Jackson and Ms. Ann Barnes. They loved all our kids as if they were their own. Because of a late summer birthday, this was our son's second year in a K4 program. We saw great improvement once he was in the ACA K4 program. And what a wonderful Christian environment for our son to be associated with. Because of my husband's job, we have moved to Auburn. Not a day goes by that we don't miss ACA. I am still in contact with friends from the ACA family. What wonderful memories we will be able to cherish. ACA will forever have a place in our hearts.

Posted October 27, 2004

ACA has provided a wonderful learning environment for my children. The teachers and administration have proven themselves to be loving and caring not only to my children, but to our entire family. My children are receiving an excellent education in a Christian environment. They are taught to love and respect others. They are involved in daily devotionals and Bible classes. Parents who wish to be involved are encouraged to do so. There are many extra-curricular opportunities as well. ACA has been educating children since 1942, and is continuing to do a wonderful job of providing a quality, Christ-centered education.

Posted October 27, 2004

My son received a very good education at ACA, from kindergarten through 12th grade. I never worried about his safety while he was there and I knew his teachers cared about him. My grandchildren are now at ACA and they are receiving a very good education. They are safe and very happy there. There teachers and administrators have been very caring and nurturing to them and to the other students. I am in the school often and there is a happy atmosphere in the school.

Posted October 27, 2004

My three children go to ACA. I have been extremely pleased with the Elementary school. There is a peace with in me when I drop my kids off in the morning.I know they are safe.The curriculum has strengthened over the years and I am very pleased with the education my children are recieving. The staff conducts themselves in a professional, yet christian manner. Mrs. Faulk is a wonderful principal and involves herself in just about every aspect of the school.

Posted October 24, 2004

I feel that the school is a great place for mainstream students but it does not offer much for those who need a little extra help. My son is ADD and (I feel) was left behind because of his need for extra consideration. He was a C student while at ACA. The class seemed to be too large for individual attention. My daughter, however, received an excellent education and had a wonderful experience with the school. We are now at public school and my son is a straight A student! I feel the course work is every bit as challenging at the public school as it was at ACA. ACA is an excellent school for mainstream students. If we did not have a special need, we would be there.

Posted July 1, 2004

Our two children went to ACA for K-2 grades. There are numerous reasons why they are not there now. We had always wanted our children to be in a Christian school and expected ACA would meet their needs (educationally, spiritually, and emotionally). This proved untrue. The class sizes are way too large. The atmosphere from the teachers/administration was always one of coldness and lack of concern for the well being of our children/family. The quality of education was a disappointment for the cost of tuition, etc. we paid while there. Thankfully, our children (5th and 6th grades) are now in a Christian school where they are prospering well. I think parents need to take a serious look at their expectations for this school. Anybody can provide 'extra' fluff, but in the long run, its the spiritual, emotional, and educational needs that we should be seeking for our children.

Posted October 10, 2003

Parental Involvement in the school is outstanding. Boosters Clubs for Band, Chorus and Athletics all help to provide for extra curricular activities and involvement of parents and students.

Posted September 9, 2003

My child has attended ACA since pre-school. It is a wonderful school and has a peaceful christian environment. When I drop off my child, I have no worries. The entire staff at ACA is great and the atmosphere is wonderful, being that it is a christian school.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Church of christ
Associations
  • NCSA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4700 Wares Ferry Road