PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

ACA consistently teaches strong values and morals each and everyday during devotion and Bibke class and small group as well as in the classroom

I have had three children go thru ACA from kindergarten to graduation and I am also a teacher. I have been on the inside as an employee and on the outside as a parent and I know for a fact that the faculty loves the students and the school. As a parent, I have been very pleased with the academics as well as the affordability. Love this school and would recommend it to anyone!

Good school for kids up to about 7th or 8th grade. At that point the bible class becomes more of a joke for the kids and basically the school becomes a regular public school. My daughter has been at the school since 6th grade but will not return for her last few high school years. Faculty and teachers share other kids issues. My daughter tells me that's how she learns most of the dirt that's going on at the time. Students can really do anything immorally just as long as they keep their grades up. Maybe get in school suspension at the most. I don't recommend this school if you are looking for diversity. Faculty/staff is not diversified. Some students and faculty have very strong southern dialect and ideology. Something that has been very funny to me and my family is that at every game a truck load of ACA students rev up the motor after each touch down. Never seen this before in my life.

I attended ACA from 7th through 12th grade and graduated about 10yrs ago. Under no circumstances would I ever send my children there, I would quit my job and homeschool them if it came to that. I wasn't exactly the most moral student while I attended. Nothing too crazy just some beers on the weekends, pretty much normal high school stuff. But when the administration heard about it (a few of the teachers made it a point to hit students up for "dirt" on other students) I was continually harassed. By harassed I mean they called me into the principals office after every weekend and demanded I come clean and tell them who I was with (some of them are teachers there now) over the weekend and who partook in drinking. I learned very quickly to deny everything, admit nothing, and demand proof. This is just one example of the stuff they do. I could go on for quite some time but I will spare you. Seriously though, send your kids to MA, St James, or even a public school.

I have attended ACA for a while now, and while there are several things wrong with the school, overall I do not regret my decision to stay. The academics are decent, but are lacking significantly in the science and foreign languages department - however, history, english, and math are amazing! Teachers care a lot about the students, and do not discriminate against those who do not share the "Church of Christ" faith (which is an overwhelming majority of the students). The religious atmosphere is extremely poor, but a large percentage of students are more focused on academics anyway. Chapel services EVERYDAY have become monotonous, and have lost their importance within the student body. Christian "morals" are strictly enforced, and I suppose that is why ACA has the reputation it has. The arts program, aside from the band, is basically non-existent - which is a shame, but is also reality. If you are looking for your children to have an intense education in preparation for college, I would advise sending them to a magnet school (preferably LAMP). However, if you want your children to have a more "sheltered" education with good Christian morals, then I would definitely send them here.

Our child just started ACA this year in the first grade. My younger sister attended ACA, so my wife and I knew that we wanted our daughter to receive the identical education, both spiritually as well as academically, that my sister received. So far, we are extremely pleased. More importantly though, our daughter loves attending ACA. As an involved parent with very high standards, I'm certain that she is receiving a stellar education. Her vocabulary, mathematical skills, knowledge of the Bible, and overall social skills have greatly improved in just the short 4 months she has attended. We love ACA and our two year old will attend there as well.

I am in the 11th Grade, and have been going to ACA since 7th Grade, I have made so many friendships with my peers, and teachers that will last me a lifetime. The faculty knows that our school is not perfect, and are working very hard to improve it, both in a spiritual, and physical aspect. Something new that was started last year was a group where high school students during chapel (which lasts for 15 minutes every day) mentor younger middle school students about the bible. Another new group started this year is so high school students can tutor jr. high, so they are working to break the age gap barrier. On the physical aspect, our football stadium was newly renovated, we are the first private school in montgomery, and it's surrounding areas to have a coffee shop. I feel as if I ever need something ACA has open arms.

Last modified Alabama Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12