Montgomery, AL

Alabama Christian Academy 2

Posted January 15, 2014
Good school for kids up to about 7th or 8th grade. At that point the bible class becomes more of a joke for the kids and basically the school becomes a regular public school. My daughter has been at the school since 6th grade but will not return for her last few high school years. Faculty and teachers share other kids issues. My daughter tells me that's how she learns most of the dirt that's going on at the time. Students can really do anything immorally just as long as they keep their grades up. Maybe get in school suspension at the most. I don't recommend this school if you are looking for diversity. Faculty/staff is not diversified. Some students and faculty have very strong southern dialect and ideology. Something that has been very funny to me and my family is that at every game a truck load of ACA students rev up the motor after each touch down. Never seen this before in my life.

Alabama Christian Academy 1

Posted November 07, 2013
I attended ACA from 7th through 12th grade and graduated about 10yrs ago. Under no circumstances would I ever send my children there, I would quit my job and homeschool them if it came to that. I wasn't exactly the most moral student while I attended. Nothing too crazy just some beers on the weekends, pretty much normal high school stuff. But when the administration heard about it (a few of the teachers made it a point to hit students up for "dirt" on other students) I was continually harassed. By harassed I mean they called me into the principals office after every weekend and demanded I come clean and tell them who I was with (some of them are teachers there now) over the weekend and who partook in drinking. I learned very quickly to deny everything, admit nothing, and demand proof. This is just one example of the stuff they do. I could go on for quite some time but I will spare you. Seriously though, send your kids to MA, St James, or even a public school.

Alabama Christian Academy 3

Posted August 31, 2013
I have attended ACA for a while now, and while there are several things wrong with the school, overall I do not regret my decision to stay. The academics are decent, but are lacking significantly in the science and foreign languages department - however, history, english, and math are amazing! Teachers care a lot about the students, and do not discriminate against those who do not share the "Church of Christ" faith (which is an overwhelming majority of the students). The religious atmosphere is extremely poor, but a large percentage of students are more focused on academics anyway. Chapel services EVERYDAY have become monotonous, and have lost their importance within the student body. Christian "morals" are strictly enforced, and I suppose that is why ACA has the reputation it has. The arts program, aside from the band, is basically non-existent - which is a shame, but is also reality. If you are looking for your children to have an intense education in preparation for college, I would advise sending them to a magnet school (preferably LAMP). However, if you want your children to have a more "sheltered" education with good Christian morals, then I would definitely send them here.

Posted November 09, 2009
Our child just started ACA this year in the first grade. My younger sister attended ACA, so my wife and I knew that we wanted our daughter to receive the identical education, both spiritually as well as academically, that my sister received. So far, we are extremely pleased. More importantly though, our daughter loves attending ACA. As an involved parent with very high standards, I'm certain that she is receiving a stellar education. Her vocabulary, mathematical skills, knowledge of the Bible, and overall social skills have greatly improved in just the short 4 months she has attended. We love ACA and our two year old will attend there as well.

Posted November 26, 2007
I am in the 11th Grade, and have been going to ACA since 7th Grade, I have made so many friendships with my peers, and teachers that will last me a lifetime. The faculty knows that our school is not perfect, and are working very hard to improve it, both in a spiritual, and physical aspect. Something new that was started last year was a group where high school students during chapel (which lasts for 15 minutes every day) mentor younger middle school students about the bible. Another new group started this year is so high school students can tutor jr. high, so they are working to break the age gap barrier. On the physical aspect, our football stadium was newly renovated, we are the first private school in montgomery, and it's surrounding areas to have a coffee shop. I feel as if I ever need something ACA has open arms.

Posted August 25, 2006
ACA is wonderful. My children, one a graduate and one still enrolled, have thrived in this environment. The caring faculty, the nice facilities (which are being improved yet again), the variety of extra-curricular programs, the academic offerings (which have been expanded to include AP courses), and the emphasis on student spirituality (which is constantly being worked on and improved)gave me peace of mind as a parent. While this school is not a perfect place, when I look at the options available in Montgomery, I am so thankful for ACA.

Alabama Christian Academy 3

Posted March 11, 2006
My children have attended ACA for the past 2 years. However, they will not be attending this coming year. My husband and I are very disappointed with the spiritual atmosphere at the school. On paper ACA seems to be a Christian school, but it is not what we are used to as a Christian school. It is definetly a moral school, but there is little to no emphasis on spiritual growth except in the general character training. ACA has many good programs and extra curricular stuff, but in the end I would rather my children received a true Christian education.

Alabama Christian Academy 1

Posted December 15, 2005
I think Alabama Christian is probably an okay school however it did not meet our families expectations in regards to overall spiritual needs of our children. Also, we chose not to send our children here because the class size ratio was overwhelming.

Posted October 18, 2005
I am a student at ACA and I have enjoyed everything about ACA. It has a wide variety of things to be involved in not just sports, but also a great music and drama programs ect.! I feel that if a student will try hard and get involved, they will feel blessed by their time at ACA. I do not mind getting up and going to school because I know that I will be safe and will feel cared for. I do not like when people complain about ACA, who do not go there. Take it from me, a student, that your child will be glad they attend ACA!

Posted October 31, 2004
We always knew that when it came time to send our children to school they would attend ACA. My husband and I both graduated from Alabama Christian and knew that they would be safe, loved, and well educated. But this school has far exceeded our expectations. ACA has truly been a second family to us. My children have wonderful, loving, Christian teachers who set an incredible moral example each and every day. Our elementary principal is absolutely one of the best people I have ever met, and the staff is terrific. My children have made incredible friends, and there are so many opportunities for parental involvement. The curriculum is challenging and is presented in a exciting way so that the children have fun while learning. We are proud to be a part of this school and definitely feel we made the right decision in sending our children to ACA.

Alabama Christian Academy
4700 Wares Ferry Road, Montgomery, AL  36109
(334) 277-1985
Last modified Alabama Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Alabama Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top