Montgomery, AL

Posted December 08, 2008
This is my first year at TRA in the 11th grade and I do not like the school at all. I do not like the environment, teachers, students, etc. The school is really unorganized and their is a huge dicipline problem. Why pay $500 a month when it's basiclly the same as a public school. Can't wait untill I transfer from this school.

Posted September 26, 2008
I love the small atmosphere of the school and being able to check my child's grades on line. The teachers are great and stay after school to help my son when ever he needs it. I highly recommend the school to anyone with children.

Taylor Road Academy 2

Posted January 28, 2008
I have not been impressed with this school at all. It boils my soul to know that I am paying $533 each month. I really expected more. The school year is approx. 3/4 completed, and my child's Math class is only on chapter 5. In the Spelling and English class, the class has not completed 1/4 of the assigned text books. In my child's Math class, three different teachers have been assigned to the class. My child will not attend TRA next year.

Taylor Road Academy 3

Posted November 06, 2007
I only have this comment, I am not sure this school is what they make it out to be. It is my opinion that is about the same as the rest of the schools in Montgomery in all areas. It is just on a smaller scale.. I guess TRA is a work in progress, but I look forward to a move to a better school system next year. Not that I fault TRA I think they are doing the best they can and I do not have much to compare it to. My children have always attended DOD schools.I just assumed private school meant better. And I as I said I think they are about the same.I guess TRA is a work in progress, but I look forward to a move to a better school system next year. Not that I fault TRA I think they are doing the best they can and I do not have much to compare it to. My children have always attended DOD schools.I just assumed private school meant better. I think they are about the same.

Posted October 15, 2007
The small atmosphere is a blessing from the overcrowded classrooms. The teachers and staff care, and always have something nice to say.

Posted September 29, 2007
The school has now change back to Taylor Road Academy with a new headmaster, Ms. B. The improvement in such a short time is amazing. The staff that she has hired is also amazing. Mrs. Carter and Mrs.Seawright go out of their way to help my son. The whole school gives off a positive atmosphere and seem focused on student learning.

Posted June 27, 2006
Discipline was inconsistent and ineffective. They will tell you what you want to hear to get you to enroll, but there is no follow through and little communication between parent and teacher.

Taylor Road Academy 4

Posted May 31, 2006
We like the school but there is a big disapline problem. Not all students are treated the same. Coming to school 30 minutes early for detention is nothing to the students. Half the time they don't come and no one knows. Some of the teachers do not help students with questions and do not pay any attention to doctors notes or parents.

Posted June 22, 2005
Taylor Rd is a very good school. My child loves it and so do we as the parents.The behavior of the students overall is great, sure you have a few that what to challenge the authority of those in charge, but tell me where that is not the case. The teachers are great, the teacher to student ratio is excellent. Extracurricular activities are super. They have basketball, softball, baseball, football, volleyball, soccer, cheerleaders, and drama department that put on a fanstatic production in May of 2005. Whether you are looking for a safe school, a school that is academically sound or extracurricular activites for your child/children then you should take a serious look at Taylor Road. Its like a family, the headmaster, his staff and faculity know the names of all the students. I would encourage those who criticize Taylor Rd to take another look. Parents are involved We love TRA

Posted May 12, 2005
My husband and I are pleased with the education our 4th grader gets at this school but the after care program (which we pay for) needs alot of help. I love dottie and my son loved going to aftercare when he was in mrs. mellisa's class but ever since Mrs.Avis arrived he is miserable and so are we. Mrs.Avis talks down to us and the other children, she is extremely rude, condensending, doesnt allow the children to talk at all, and should not be ivolved with any children. My son tells me that she talks about other kids when they leave. She is very unproffesional. We have requested that our son does not attend the after care program with her he will be with mrs.mellisa from now on. He will not be in this school next year. thank you mrs. avis.

Taylor Road Academy