Bad
Good

We are a military family. My child has attended schools in SC, GA, LA, MO and AL. This has been the lowest rated school overall. (+) My child 2nd grade teacher Ms. Goodwin was great. She was a 1st year teacher, enthusiastic and great teacher. (+) Ms. Jan front office sec is great, informative and cheerful. (-) Principal acts like she is concerned about students education but her own children attend the local magnet school. (Intersting) (-) The level is the lowest we have ever attended I feel overall they are 1 to 2 grades behind other states. (-) 1/2 the kids that attend do not live in the surrounding areas they just use others addresses so you get a mix of kids with a mix of behaviors. (-) PTA, what PTA??? (-) They don't receive any fed funding so they ask you for money every other day.

i do not like my child school she has been going there 2 years and this will be here 3rd year... we do not have a strong principal, we have no programs. and some of the teachers don't know what they are doing..

This school year was our daughters' first year at Garrett. My husband and I have to say that this year we have truly enjoyed the experience at Garrett. My daughters have learned so much this year, and my youngest daughter just blossomed. My girls made some new friends, and that was important to me. My girls were exposed to a wealth of info this school term through various educational and entertaining field trips. I am looking forward to next school term!

We moved here from another state, &I was really surprised to learn that just about every parent with children in school that live in my neighborhood send their kids to private. My daughter has been a Garrett Gator for 3 years, & we have not had serious issues. Only thing is, I agree with another parent, that while it's expected that the parents help out & contribute to some things, like to provide paper towels, and soaps and tissues, I feel like her kindergarten teacher would always request supplies, like chalk/dry-erase markers/copy paper basically office supplies. I thought it would be like that every year, but it was only her. I think she did a great job teaching though. My daughter has liked all her teachers thus far, and they have a lot of activities throughout the year, but it does get costly! There is not a variety of "cultures" in my opinion, but it hasn't been an issue for us, which is something I worried about. Thank God for public schools, b/c I don't work or drive, and living on one income, we wouldn't be able to send our daughter to school, and it's important for children to socialize with other kids. New principle brought changes a lot of parents don't agree with.

This is my daughters first year at Garrett as K-5. She loves the school and the teachers. I myself have been a volunteer and have worked around the the staff and the teachers. The teachers are nice and the principal is fantastic. I have heard a few negative things about past teachers and principals but the current principal, Mrs. Officer is doing a fantastic job!

We spent 1 year at Garrett and we will not be back. If you are zoned for this school please think long and hard about your options. If we move back into the district we will be fighting for the charter school or going private.

Great school, love the teachers....they really work with the students and they really take the time to show that they actually care.

This is our second year at Garrett. We have found the faculty and staff to be fantastic-- the perfect blend of caring and firm. Our son has thrived there, and we look forward to many more great years at Garrett!

My child is going to garrett and has been since kindergarden and she loves it and knw she is atending her 5th year there and she would die if she left so u should keep your kids there.

I have three children who attend Garrett and this was their first year in public school.I was very impressed with the teachers,staff,and principle. Everybody says the public schools are not good in montgomery and that has not been the case for us!! It is nice to get a great education for free and save money for three kids to go to college. Also, did i mention that Garrett is one of the few schools in Montgomery that is wonderfully cultured!! That is hard to find in Montgomery,Alabama!! Our family is proud to say our children attend Garrett Elementary!

Last modified William Silas Garrett Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.