Montgomery, AL

Halcyon Elementary School 3

Posted August 19, 2010
Halcyon has been a great school since our son started attending in Kindergarten. The quality of instruction has been fine and our son has done very well academically. However, the demographics of the school have been changing each year and now he is in the third grade and this is our worst year so far. He is being exposed to other childrens' behavioral issues that we DO NOT tolerate as parents. It is a shame that some parents absolutely DO NOT know how to raise a child. We relocated so that we could send him to a good, public school. It is a shame that these changes have taken place since this is really a good school. We are applying for magnet programs in January, and if that does not work out we will be sending him to a private school next year.

Posted March 04, 2010
My son attends Halcyon and he absolutely loves it. The teachers are kind and caring but they mean business. The level of dedication is out the roof when it comes to the children. I am so glad my son is getting his education at Halcyon Elem. He has had the best kindergarten teacher (Ms. Collins) and first grade teacher (Ms. Gbadamosi). We love them both.

Posted September 19, 2008
this school is so great!! my daughter love to go to school.. i love, too

Halcyon Elementary School 5

Posted August 21, 2008
We love Halcyon! My son is in 2nd grade and the teachers and staff are excellent. I think this is the best elementary school in Montgomery.

Posted July 22, 2008
this school is the best my child loves to go here ,especially the teachers

Posted June 01, 2008
My child attended Halcyon last school year and I was very pleased with the overall organization of the school and staff. This is a decent school... one of the best Montgomery has to offer.

Posted May 09, 2008
I have a child in the second grade and we love her teacher. Parents, teachers, and staff all work together to help the children. If you are looking for a school to send your child...this is the school.

Posted May 09, 2008
I also heard rave reviews about Halcyon, but I cannot recommend this school. My children received a good education, but they were also exposed to incidents with other students which led me to the decision that the environment was unacceptable. In my opinion, the school lacks control, and its discipline strategies are subpar. I have chosen to no longer send my children to Halcyon, and they will be attending private school next year.

Halcyon Elementary School 3

Posted March 16, 2008
After hearing all of the rave reviews about Halcyon, all I can say is that I expected a lot more. My daughter is in kindergarten this year and has had several incidents with other students that I would not expect at this grade level. Her teacher is good and she had learned a lot, but I don't feel like the school does a good job of communicating with parents at all. I feel very shut out. This school is just too big!

Halcyon Elementary School 5

Posted August 27, 2007
We love the school and the teachers. I've had one child who went from 4th grade thru 6th grade at Halcyon and a second child who has been there 5 years. (k - 4)

1501 Parkview Dr, Montgomery, AL  36117
Last modified Halcyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Halcyon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top