K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Eastwood Christian School 1

Posted May 19, 2011
Our child was enrolled at Eastwood this school year. We are a military family, so moving around is tough enough on your child, and going to a new school is that much tougher. The other children at this school never accepted our child. I was told by a parent and a teacher that because our child was hanging out with another student that has cheated before, and had a bad reputation, that is why no one wanted to be friends with ours. The parent told us that the other children were told not to hang around the child that has cheated. My thoughts to this are, this is a CHRISTIAN school and the parents should be telling their children to be friends with the troubled child, and they may be able to make a difference in her ways. You are not supposed to turn your back on a person just because they have done wrong before. I would not recommend this school anyone. Many other Christian schools in Montgomery are just as worthy!

Posted October 05, 2009
Continuation: each Eastwod senior is required to write and defend a thesis before they can graduate. Reading and writing (papers) are especially stressed. The 15 students in the Class of 2009 received over $1 miilion in scholarships!Third: extra-curricular activities are all volunteer driven. We have no athletic program, yet our kids, with parents as coaches, have in a few short years risen to a level of competing for state championships. In fact our varsity girls won the ACEAA basketball championship and the boys placed second. This week our volleyball team will compete in the state tourny. Four: the tuition is an incredible value. Five: because it is a small school, you must be patient as issues/policies get worked out over time. We have had many discussions about the immense amount of homework given to the upper school. Overall: the school and the people there are an incredible blessing!!!

Posted May 21, 2008
Four of our children have been enrolled at Eastwood for the past 6 years. We have experienced each grade except kindergarten, which child number 5 will attend fall of 2008. Our oldest just graduated from ECS. We consider this school to be home to us for three main reasons: 1st, a strong biblical worldview permeates each class. 2nd, the classical curriculum is challenging and trains the students to communicate effectively through both written and oral language. They learn to appreciate great writing and great thought through studying classical works. Math and Latin tracks accomodate the average student and the above average student. 3rd, The relationships among quality peers and teachers results in a strong learning and social environment. The teachers are more like mentors to the students, and the friendships they experience with other students are for life. A reasonable tuition makes this school the best educational value in

Posted March 09, 2006
We have two children at Eastwood, both in the Elementary School. We have been totally impressed with all aspects of the academic program. Biblical worldview, small classrooms and passionate teachers make it an incredible place to go to school. The extracurricular activities grow every year, with my children being involved in art, soccer, basketball and more. Parental involvement is very evident and very encourage. Overall, this is an excellent program.

Posted October 20, 2005
Christianity is not only taught, its exhibited every day by the faculty and staff at Eastwood. The academic program is exceptional. My only regret is that I didn't enroll my children here earlier.

Posted January 01, 2005
My child has been attending this school since first grade. At no time have I ever regretted this decision. This school uses the classical christian approach to the teaching of subjects. I cant say there has not been problems as the school grows, however, these problems are always approached with Biblical standards and then solved accordingly. I can honestly say I constantly thank God for allowing my child to attend this school. It is truly a gift to my family. This christian school doesnt just teach the Bible, they show our children how to live the gospel out in their daily lives. A simple, but powerful, example of this was how my childs third grade teacher taught 'the first shall be last'. My child longed to be last in the water cooler line. The quality of life lessons along with the high academic program is what makes Eastwood Christian truly superb.

Posted October 25, 2004
Eastwood approaches education from a Biblical worldview. I only wish I could have been raised with such a Christ centered education. The impact is evident on all of the children at Eastwood.

Eastwood Christian School
1701 East Trinity Boulevard, Montgomery, AL  36106
Last modified Eastwood Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12