Moody, AL

Moody High School 1

Posted July 18, 2012
I attended this school. Over the years I noticed how the better teachers were either let go for idiotic reasons or they left because they could get a more competitive salary at a better school. Football was a main focus as was religion. Students were treated very rudely by other student for not attending religious groups or not agreeing with Replublican ideals. Most of my senior year was spent watching movies. Also the school was not accredited, I am told it is now. Because of this I was denied at several colleges and universities. It is all about who you know at this school. Bullies and trouble makers are very rarely punished because administrators "have known them for most of their lives, and they are not that kind of kid." The councelor never encouraged anyone to higher education. Most of the time the materials sit on a shell and are a come and get them kind of deal. Honestly, I learned more in my first year of college than the entire 4 at MHS. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Moody High School 1

Posted May 27, 2009

Moody High School 2

Posted May 20, 2009
My niece goes to this school, and I am amazed at how little work she has to do and can still be in the AP classes. In addition, it appears that the students have little respect for the teachers, and the diversity in this school is significantly less than the community profile. It strikes me as an elitist small town school, with the typical cliques and favorites. Looking at the schools overall scores, it does not score very high as compared to schools in Mountain Brook, Vestavia and Trussville. What a shame.

Moody High School 0

Posted May 15, 2009
Moody school is the worst school a student could go to. All Moody cares about is football. And nothing else. The teachers are so lazy. Most teachers dont teach all they do is click a button and the slides change. Really its school we have to learn.

Posted November 24, 2008

Posted October 08, 2008

Moody High School 0

Posted June 20, 2008
I'm a student at Moody High and I could probably type around 10 paragraphs of complaints about my school. But firstly, I have a real problem in understanding who hires the teachers. The administration has hired very young teachers which have contributed to lack of experience. They are also very incompetent in the way they handle dicispline. The school is lacking a considerable fine art program, and are highly concentrated on football. Moody is a growing area, but the school is not diverse, and racial feuds have came to this school one too many times. This is why i've been considering many other schools.

Moody High School 2

Posted January 01, 2008
The school definitely needs to provide more highly qualified teachers. Also, a focus on the course of study is much needed. The students need more encouragement and extracurricular activities to prevent an increased drop-out rate.

Posted November 02, 2007
I went to this school and everything about it is great. All of the staff has in one way or another affected my life on more than just a schloarly level. I have received insite on life and an education.

Posted September 17, 2007

Moody High School
714 High School Dr, Moody, AL  35004
Last modified Moody High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Moody High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top