Bad
Good

My husband and I love Moody Elementary School! We moved from Leeds too Moody for a better school. We are happy that we made the move and everyone at Moody Elementary School made our transition very easy. We held our son back a year because we felt he did not get a proper first grade education in the Leeds school. that is not to say that the Leeds school system was all of the problem though. Our son was diagnosed with ADD but it was his school teacher at Moody that helped us become more aware of his behavior and she showed true concern for him unlike his teacher last year. after his diagnosis we worked with the teacher to help him adjust to medication and a new way of learning. Our son is a different child and a much happier kid. his teacher was very patient with him and communicated with us on a regular basis. My husband and I are both working parents and the entire staff has been very accommodating to us and our busy schedules. I have not seen any favoritism and in fact when our son was bullied by another student they took it very seriously and worked tirelessly to ensure his safety. We are above and beyond satisfied with the teachers and faculty.

Moody Elementary has some of the best faculty around and it's apparent that so many have a real passion for the students. Like all organizations, there are areas for improvement and school leadership should take steps to ensure that the school maintains excellence. Overall, I highly recommend MES!

Both of my boys attended mes throughout their elementary years. Andrew had wonderful teachers and even enjoyed school. Daniel had a difficult time reading, but his first grade teacher did a great job. He has been AB honor row ever since then. The art teacher inspired both boys. The school is fantastic.

Our family is extremely pleased with the student to teacher ratio in each classroom. The teacher communication is also a great asset to this school.

We love it! Everyone is wonderful and my little girl feel great about starting school.

Last year my daughter had mediocre grades and hated school. Moody Elementary has completely changed her outlook and attitude where school is concerned. She loves it enough she got A B Honor Roll!

MES has not impressed me at all. The school does not seem to know how to treat working parents. It is obvious that the staff does not care about the parents coming in by the way that I have been treated in the past. I seem to get double paperwork and double hassle.

My son has attended Moody Elementary since Kindergarden. I have been very pleased with the teachers and leadership of the staff. My husband was deployed by the Navy last year for 9 months. My son developed a behavior problem in dealing with his Dad's absence. The teachers and counselors were supportive and helped my son and I work through his problems. They were always available and concerned about my son's improvement. By researching this website for a friend moving to the area, I found the academic test scores to be highest in the area. I am proud to share that with my friend. More parents should get involved in PTO to provide support for the children.

Last modified Moody Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.