Moody, AL

Posted January 23, 2015
My husband and I love Moody Elementary School! We moved from Leeds too Moody for a better school. We are happy that we made the move and everyone at Moody Elementary School made our transition very easy. We held our son back a year because we felt he did not get a proper first grade education in the Leeds school. that is not to say that the Leeds school system was all of the problem though. Our son was diagnosed with ADD but it was his school teacher at Moody that helped us become more aware of his behavior and she showed true concern for him unlike his teacher last year. after his diagnosis we worked with the teacher to help him adjust to medication and a new way of learning. Our son is a different child and a much happier kid. his teacher was very patient with him and communicated with us on a regular basis. My husband and I are both working parents and the entire staff has been very accommodating to us and our busy schedules. I have not seen any favoritism and in fact when our son was bullied by another student they took it very seriously and worked tirelessly to ensure his safety. We are above and beyond satisfied with the teachers and faculty.

Posted January 15, 2015
Moody Elementary has some of the best faculty around and it's apparent that so many have a real passion for the students. Like all organizations, there are areas for improvement and school leadership should take steps to ensure that the school maintains excellence. Overall, I highly recommend MES!

Posted May 23, 2012
Both of my boys attended mes throughout their elementary years. Andrew had wonderful teachers and even enjoyed school. Daniel had a difficult time reading, but his first grade teacher did a great job. He has been AB honor row ever since then. The art teacher inspired both boys. The school is fantastic.

Moody Elementary School 4

Posted July 14, 2010
Our family is extremely pleased with the student to teacher ratio in each classroom. The teacher communication is also a great asset to this school.

Posted October 06, 2009
We love it! Everyone is wonderful and my little girl feel great about starting school.

Posted October 17, 2007
Last year my daughter had mediocre grades and hated school. Moody Elementary has completely changed her outlook and attitude where school is concerned. She loves it enough she got A B Honor Roll!

Moody Elementary School 2

Posted October 12, 2007
MES has not impressed me at all. The school does not seem to know how to treat working parents. It is obvious that the staff does not care about the parents coming in by the way that I have been treated in the past. I seem to get double paperwork and double hassle.

Posted September 23, 2007
My son has attended Moody Elementary since Kindergarden. I have been very pleased with the teachers and leadership of the staff. My husband was deployed by the Navy last year for 9 months. My son developed a behavior problem in dealing with his Dad's absence. The teachers and counselors were supportive and helped my son and I work through his problems. They were always available and concerned about my son's improvement. By researching this website for a friend moving to the area, I found the academic test scores to be highest in the area. I am proud to share that with my friend. More parents should get involved in PTO to provide support for the children.

Posted September 19, 2006
My son was diagnosed with a behavioral disorder when he was three years old and takes medication regularly. I was very concerned when it came time to send him to kindergarten this year since we had experienced numerous problems with several of our local day cares over the past couple of years. I am very please to report that his Moody kindergarten experience thus far has been far above my expectations. All of the staff and especially his teacher appears to take a true interest in him. His attitude has greatly improved along with desire to complete his work.

Moody Elementary School 4

Posted July 15, 2006
My daughter just started kindergarten this year and I am very pleased with Moody Elementary. I was very concerned at first about sending her here because the standardized test scores and per student spending were low. However, I think she had a wonderful experience and loved her teacher. She went into Kindergarten a little ahead, already knowing the basics of reading and math and I was afraid she would get bored. I was very surprised at how much she learned this year. Her teacher took extra time to help her develop her skills further and allowed her to do more advanced reading at her level. I feel that the teacher did an excellent job at managing the class and working with the students on their individual levels. The extended day program was also great. The only problem I had was that the ED program integrated students of all grade levels.

Moody Elementary School
1006 H L Blocker Circle, Moody, AL  35004
Last modified Moody Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Moody Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top