Morris, AL

Posted March 09, 2015
My daughter and I believe this school should be rated as a five star school.

Posted September 02, 2014
Mortimer Jordan High School is rich in tradition and is surrounded by the supportive communities of Kimberly, Warrior, Morris, Trafford, & Mt. Olive. Students excel in academics, athletics, & the arts. It's a Great Day to be a Blue Devil!

Posted September 04, 2009
Not sure- new to area. Child feels teachers are more towards students they know already.

Posted April 22, 2009
The teachers at this school act like a student instead of a authority figure. The quality of the educatiion is also lacking

Mortimer Jordan High School 2

Posted July 21, 2008
MJHS has a great reputation for discipline, but the is lacking in many academic and extra curricular activities. You should be be able to go through high school taking every advanced academic class available, maintain a perfect GPA, graduate as valedictorian and still have to play catch up when you reach college. Unfortunately, that's what happened to me. A school that worries more about whether or not everyone has their shirt tail tucked in than the science curriculum has problems. On the positive side, the school has finally realized that girls might be interested in sports. When I was a student it was track or nothing for girls. I think that if parents and students continue to demand more, the school will respond. I can only hope that forward thinking people will lead the way.

Posted April 29, 2008
Mortimr Jordan High School is a great school. The kids here are the best ever. They try harder than any other school I have ever taught in. Thye do not make fun of each other, and they take care of each other. They have a lot of extracurricular activities and many of the students are very active. I hope these standards are kept when the new school is built.

Mortimer Jordan High School 1

Posted November 11, 2007
My high school experience at Mortimer Jordan was a good one, but I saw several things that just didn't seem right. The staff joined in with the students when they were making fun of others for hair, or clothes etc. I think teachers and staff that would join in instead of stop this behavior are not qualified to perform their jobs. I did have a good high school experience, and I loved the sense of tradition that was offered at the school. I especially enjoyed it when Mr. Trotter was there and didn't take any BS from anyone. More discipline is needed, and more consistancy. The parents and coaches seemed to be awesome, but the teachers seemed to act more like students at times. Overall Jordan was an Ok school to attend. They need to offer more sports, like soccer etc.

Mortimer Jordan High School 3

Posted February 15, 2006
My daughter is a junior this year. While overall I feel Jordan is a good school, I feel the faculty has no idea how to handle difficult or problem students & parents. The result is they ignore them and hope they go away. That being said, they keep their thumb very tightly on good kids who are well behaved, but neverless, 'kids.' This causes the kids to lose interest in extracurricular activities by the time they're my daughter's age because it's just not worth the hassel the faculty makes something that is suppose to be fun. Their mindset by the time they're Juniors is just doing there time so they can get out of there.

Posted May 15, 2005
I think that Mortimer Jordan is a great school. I've been going there for 4 years now, and it's been a great experience. My only complaint is that the administration sometimes puts too much emphasis on the things that don't matter that much, and not enough emphasis on the things that do. Besides the slight problems with the enforcement of certain rules, I think that Mortimer Jordan is an awesome school. It's not hard to make friends, and there's so much school spirit.

Posted May 09, 2005
Overall I think that Mortimer Jordan High School is a safe and somewhat productive school. However I also think that the Teachers and Principals do too much for those who won't help themselves. This seems to leave the ones who could be active learners, well, inactive. If you ask me I think that the Principals should spend less time inforcing dress-code and more time getting teachers who know how to teach students who may have a little more knowledge on a topic than they do. So to sum up, if you have kids who are a little on the slow side send them to Mortimer Jordan and they might come out with a little more knowledge than when they came in.

8601 Old Hwy 31, Morris, AL  35116
Last modified Mortimer Jordan High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mortimer Jordan High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top