Bad
Good

Most of the ratings I have read were dated back to 2009. As a substitute and previous employee of MHS I would like to let everyone know that a lot of things have changed...Although the "small town mentality" is still in play at times, things are done differently. I believe this school is on the right track to help educate these students fully and to help the students become the best people they can be! This is coming from someone who was NOT supported as a sub or an aide by some administration and teachers. Now, I am fully supported in the decisions I make in the classroom! I have just graduated in education and honestly, this is the only school I want to work in right now!

A pretty school but small town mentality, tolerates gossiping, bullying and incompetent teaching. The tenured faculty are the worst culprits. No resolutions ever obtained for growing problems in the school.

I really don't know how anyone could bash this school like some have. This is one of the greatest high schools in the area. The faculty actually cares about the students and it's a very 'homey' atmosphere.

My child just started Munford High School during the 2008-2009 school year. The principal and teachers have addressed all questions or concerns that I may have had to my satisfaction. I'm a very involved parent whether it involves my child's academics or extra curricular activities. I really like the smaller atmosphere in a school also. You don't seem to have 'the politics' as big schools do.

I too think that Munford could be a wonderful school, however I personally think it will take new leadership from an administrative standpoint to revive the excitement that is so sorely lacking within not only the student body but also the faculty. The Principal is seldom at the school but thank God there is a wonderful Asst Principal that can and will handle your problems! I hear that she is in line. Thank God!!

I am very proud that my children attend munford high school the staff has has always been concered aboout my children from the middle school to the high school.Thanks to all the staff that put in the extra hours in so my kids can have a future.

My children have had a wonderful experience in the Munford Schools. The atmosphere when you walk through the halls of the middle school and high school say it all. The teachers know the students on a personal level and are always willing to help with academic or social problems. Are their problems? Of course...It is a public school with public school funding problems and public school social issues. Does every single teacher meet the needs of every single child? No...but the majority of the teachers are working hard to achieve that unreachable goal. As parents we have to take responsibility for our children where one teacher has not been able to reach them. I have had very positive experiences with administration any time I have had a question about anything. I am an educated parent and I CHOOSE to send my children to Munford over any surrounding school system.

MHS could be a great school. We have some really good teachers that geniunely love their students. However, we also have some teachers that are there only to coach (or whatever) These teachers don't even speak to other faculty members, how you can expect them to 'teach' your child when they think they are so much better than everyone else. The principal is full of great ideas, but never follows through on them. There is no fun anymore. Teachers are denied anything that resembles having fun. It could be great, but as is, it is only mediocre.

The school system lacks in all areas. The principle is very irresponsive to problems at hand. Parent involvment is low because thhe principle won't let parents in. We need leadership, structure, and good educaters in our school to help us succeed. We do not have that.

I believe that munford has what it takes to be a top educating facility, but first things have got to change.First you have to stop fireing all the good teachers because they dont follow the curriculam the priciple sets out for them teachers teach best when they are allowed to be creative with teaching.Second my child constantly comes home telling me that she is being discreminated against because she is white in the one paticular class and i do believe her because she has straight a's except that class.Third munford is one of the poorer communities but north munford area is not,everyone wants to live off the wealthy but you should not wait on that just because you are poor dont mean you cant contribute something to your community, that is how oxford is one of the top schools in alabama and is the top in this area,quit being lazy parents.

Last modified Munford High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.