Munford, AL

Posted April 30, 2013
Most of the ratings I have read were dated back to 2009. As a substitute and previous employee of MHS I would like to let everyone know that a lot of things have changed...Although the "small town mentality" is still in play at times, things are done differently. I believe this school is on the right track to help educate these students fully and to help the students become the best people they can be! This is coming from someone who was NOT supported as a sub or an aide by some administration and teachers. Now, I am fully supported in the decisions I make in the classroom! I have just graduated in education and honestly, this is the only school I want to work in right now!

Munford High School 1

Posted November 09, 2010
A pretty school but small town mentality, tolerates gossiping, bullying and incompetent teaching. The tenured faculty are the worst culprits. No resolutions ever obtained for growing problems in the school.

Posted September 05, 2009
I really don't know how anyone could bash this school like some have. This is one of the greatest high schools in the area. The faculty actually cares about the students and it's a very 'homey' atmosphere.

Posted June 16, 2009
My child just started Munford High School during the 2008-2009 school year. The principal and teachers have addressed all questions or concerns that I may have had to my satisfaction. I'm a very involved parent whether it involves my child's academics or extra curricular activities. I really like the smaller atmosphere in a school also. You don't seem to have 'the politics' as big schools do.

Posted April 07, 2009

Munford High School 2

Posted April 05, 2009
I too think that Munford could be a wonderful school, however I personally think it will take new leadership from an administrative standpoint to revive the excitement that is so sorely lacking within not only the student body but also the faculty. The Principal is seldom at the school but thank God there is a wonderful Asst Principal that can and will handle your problems! I hear that she is in line. Thank God!!

Posted January 22, 2009

Posted January 13, 2009
I am very proud that my children attend munford high school the staff has has always been concered aboout my children from the middle school to the high school.Thanks to all the staff that put in the extra hours in so my kids can have a future.

Posted January 04, 2009

Posted July 30, 2008
My children have had a wonderful experience in the Munford Schools. The atmosphere when you walk through the halls of the middle school and high school say it all. The teachers know the students on a personal level and are always willing to help with academic or social problems. Are their problems? Of course...It is a public school with public school funding problems and public school social issues. Does every single teacher meet the needs of every single child? No...but the majority of the teachers are working hard to achieve that unreachable goal. As parents we have to take responsibility for our children where one teacher has not been able to reach them. I have had very positive experiences with administration any time I have had a question about anything. I am an educated parent and I CHOOSE to send my children to Munford over any surrounding school system.

Munford High School
300 Cedars Rd, Munford, AL  36268
Last modified Munford High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Munford High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top