Muscle Shoals, AL

Posted June 12, 2010
This is one of the very few public high schools I have ever seen teach at such an accelerated level. I am an alumni and having had my high school education here, I was fully prepared for college. I appreciate the attention to instruction and excellence at this school.

Posted September 26, 2009
MSHS is concerned about all aspects of their students lives. Not just their education. They provide a great education.

Muscle Shoals High School

Posted July 21, 2008
Great leadereship at this school

Posted May 17, 2008
I am a graduate of Muscle Shoals and received an Honors Diploma. My oldest child is a student at MSHS and is working toward receiving an Honors Diploma. My youngest is attending MSMS. While there are always cliques in any school system, the education received at MS far outweighs any drawbacks of this. If a child is brought up to respect themselves and take pride in their work, the sky will be the limit for them. Every school has peer pressure and every year that peer pressure seems to get worse. The teachers and staff at the Muscle Shoals School System are great at motivating and challenging our children to achieve their very best. I feel my education at MS prepared me for a successful career in finance. I know it will help prepare my children for their life's dreams as well. Keep up the great work MSHS!

Posted April 11, 2007
Where does one begin? All I can say is WOW! MSHS is one of the finest institutions in the state of Alabama and the whole Southeast. As a graduate of the school, I feel fully confident to debate anyone who downsizes or has a negative opinion about it. I entered my first year of college on a bright note after earning an Honor's Diploma. Universities jumped on the 'MSHS Honor Grad' caption and asked how some of the legendary teachers are doing. They called six by name. That, in itsself, exemplifies how wonderful the teachers are. Almost anyone can find his or her's niche in the school, whether its the award-winning band program, or the awesome athletic team, MSHS has a place fro you. Again, all I can say is wow, everyone was loved or apreciated at the school, and that's what counts!

Posted December 14, 2006
As a graduate of MSHS, I can say nothing but positive things about the school. I transferred in during middle school from a county school and the difference it made in my life is amazing. The teachers pushed me to do my best and encouraged me to go on to bigger and better things. After graduation I went on to a large state school and graduted from there with a degree in engineering. The teachers in the high school and middle school are very caring people. Even now when I run into a former teacher or administrator, they remember me and ask how I'm doing. By transferring to MSHS, I had so many more opportunities to learn and further my education. I would not be where I am today without the guidance of the staff of MSHS.

Muscle Shoals High School 1

Posted November 01, 2005
I used to go to MSH til I transferred to another school. I can personally say I hated it and I wouldnt go back if my life depended on it! If you dont have a lot of money then you are screwed. All Muscle Shoals is full of if preps and money. Half the people in there dont know each other cause they are to snobby to give anyone a chance but there friends. The teachers..well they choose their favorites and stick with them. They are like the students also if you dont have a lot of money they dont like you and give you a hard time. Academically they are way behind schedule. If any students from there make it through their life then more power to them. I learned absolutely nothing and found out instead of learning on a freshman level I was learning on a 6th grade level.

Posted June 12, 2005
I am currently a student at Muscle Shoals High School. Some people talk about how Muscle Shoals is run by politics, Well I have realized that mainly the people that say this are the lower class trash that Muscle Shoals doesn't want any way. Some people say that only people who have experienced other schools would be able to tell you the truly disturbing truth about Muscle Shoals. Well, I have experienced other school systems and hated them. I attended two other schools before realizing that I was better off in Muscle Shoals where the academic challenge is greater than a first grade level, like many of the county schools. I make a 20 drive every day to attend Muscle Shoals High School. SO if you feel that you didn't fit in or were put down at MSHS it was probably because you didn't put out any effort to fit in

Muscle Shoals High School 2

Posted January 02, 2005
i would not recommend sending students to this high school. It has a great reputation, but one needs to realize that many of the students that help achieve those high test scores do no live in the city limits. MSHS is not for a student whose parents have no money, The school is controlled by politics. As a students there, I held many offices, and represented the school well during my four years. In spite of graduating with an honors diploma, i was not prepared for college. but most people think you are soo prepared by attending MSHS.

Posted November 23, 2004
I attended this school my 9th grade year, and I believe that out of all of the places I have went to school, it was the best school I ever went to. I did so good until I was forced to move.I knew the princible Mr. Noah very well. He even called me by my nickname. It was great. I wish that I could go back to that school because now I make failing grades at my other school when I was making A's and B's there. I love that school. I believe they have a great thing going there as well. The teachers actually do care too, unlike other schools.

Muscle Shoals High School
1900 East Avalon Ave, Muscle Shoals, AL  35661
Last modified Muscle Shoals High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Muscle Shoals High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top