Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Newton Elementary School 1

Posted December 14, 2015
This school encourages bullying. Teachers bully the children themselves. They single out certain children and humiliate them in front of the class. They throw things into the wall and always yelling at the children. Does no good to complain, because they don't do anything. Just continue to allow the bullies to get away with it. What kind of example is that setting?

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 14, 2015
I would like to say thank you to all the teachers and staff at Newton for allowing children to bully my daughter you are doing such a great job by doing absolutely nothing cowards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted December 14, 2015
They yell at the children too much and throw things into walls. Don't explain how to do the work very well

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted December 14, 2015
Certain students are allowed to say and do as they please. One girl they let bully the students. She yells at other kids in the hall and gets physically aggressive with other students. She pushes children down and tackles them. Her along with 8 other girls pick on 2 girls. Nothing is ever done and the parents do nothing and do not think their daughter is a bully. The school is supposed to protect the kids being bullied. Instead, they tell the parents who the child is that is accusing the others of being bullied and the parents try and confront the child in public and basically tell the that they are liars. They have done nothing for these two girls being bullied. And its went on for years

Posted October 04, 2010
Newton Elementary (NES) impressed me from the beginning! The principal and teachers are of the highest professional caliber. They are also very personable, caring, and nurturing. NES provides an extremely prosperous learning environment through the guides of respect and discipline. They foster self-worth, patriotism and excellence in each of their students. I couldn't ask for a better school for my kids! Thanks NES!

Posted August 04, 2007
I think this is one of the better schools around. When prinicple gilmore had to retire that was a sad time for everyone.

Posted August 04, 2007
Just a great school. Newton has come so far. We have so many great and gifted teachers there. We are lucky in to have a small community with a great school. Dont to much care for the superintendant. Newton is one of the betters schools in the area. Check our their students test scores. They rock all the way around. They wouldnt do it without good teachers no great teachers. They need to make newton school grades extend past the 6th like they did before. That was wonderful

Posted February 07, 2006
When we first looked at this school for our kids I thought it was too good to be true. I have a special needs daughter and my requirements are high, they met all of them. Newton is a school that listened to what I wanted for my child and went out of their way to make sure she got what we wanted. Every staff member knows my kids by name when they see them, and I have three. The principal took off his extra shirt and gave it to my son when he spilt hot cheese on his; he carried my daughter out to our car after she had her appendix removed and her stomach hurt. They have some of the best test scores in the county. This isn't like a normal school; it s like an extended family. Come for the test scores and you'll stay for the family environment.

Posted January 01, 2006
Newton is a great place to raise kids and the school is fantastic. I wouldn't place my kids in another school. The teachers are wonderful. My oldest child entered the school in the third grade and the school was a big improvement over the Dothan City School system we had been involved in. She has now graduated and entered college. My youngest two have been in Newton School since they started kindergarten and I think they are both honor roll students. They truley love their school!

Posted September 30, 2005
Newton School has become the closest thing to a private school that a public school can be. All the teachers are currently highly qualified. Newton's test scores are awesome, because the parents, children, and teachers work together. The teachers are very dedicated and have a special interest in all of the children. There is constant communication between home and school, if the parent so chooses. Come become a Wolverine!

523 South College St, Newton, AL  36352
Last modified Newton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.