Newton, AL

Posted October 04, 2010
Newton Elementary (NES) impressed me from the beginning! The principal and teachers are of the highest professional caliber. They are also very personable, caring, and nurturing. NES provides an extremely prosperous learning environment through the guides of respect and discipline. They foster self-worth, patriotism and excellence in each of their students. I couldn't ask for a better school for my kids! Thanks NES!

Posted March 31, 2009

Newton Elementary School 0

Posted August 04, 2007
I think this is one of the better schools around. When prinicple gilmore had to retire that was a sad time for everyone.

Posted August 04, 2007
Just a great school. Newton has come so far. We have so many great and gifted teachers there. We are lucky in to have a small community with a great school. Dont to much care for the superintendant. Newton is one of the betters schools in the area. Check our their students test scores. They rock all the way around. They wouldnt do it without good teachers no great teachers. They need to make newton school grades extend past the 6th like they did before. That was wonderful

Posted February 07, 2006
When we first looked at this school for our kids I thought it was too good to be true. I have a special needs daughter and my requirements are high, they met all of them. Newton is a school that listened to what I wanted for my child and went out of their way to make sure she got what we wanted. Every staff member knows my kids by name when they see them, and I have three. The principal took off his extra shirt and gave it to my son when he spilt hot cheese on his; he carried my daughter out to our car after she had her appendix removed and her stomach hurt. They have some of the best test scores in the county. This isn't like a normal school; it s like an extended family. Come for the test scores and you'll stay for the family environment.

Posted January 01, 2006
Newton is a great place to raise kids and the school is fantastic. I wouldn't place my kids in another school. The teachers are wonderful. My oldest child entered the school in the third grade and the school was a big improvement over the Dothan City School system we had been involved in. She has now graduated and entered college. My youngest two have been in Newton School since they started kindergarten and I think they are both honor roll students. They truley love their school!

Newton Elementary School 4

Posted October 24, 2005

Posted September 30, 2005
Newton School has become the closest thing to a private school that a public school can be. All the teachers are currently highly qualified. Newton's test scores are awesome, because the parents, children, and teachers work together. The teachers are very dedicated and have a special interest in all of the children. There is constant communication between home and school, if the parent so chooses. Come become a Wolverine!

Posted April 22, 2005
If you ask me, there's no better school in this area. I went to this school as a kid and have seen in grow to what it is today. I can't say enough about the intire staff. Although our school has grown, I can truly say the staff knows almost every kid by name. We are a 'home town' school. A large number of kids enrolled have parents who attended this school. A few of the teachers are still there from when we went to school there. The parent involvement has grown tremendously in the past years, thanks to a great PTO board of directors. We have 'special students' that in fact don't know they are. All student's are treated the same. I can't say enough about our school. If you are moving to our area, you have nothing to be worried about. Bring your kids to join our family!

Newton Elementary School
523 South College St, Newton, AL  36352
Last modified Newton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newton Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top