Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted October 04, 2015
My child has grown in the way she cares for others since going to this school. Not that she was rude before but she thinks of how others feel before she speaks. I can only do so much at home. So the rest has to come from them. And they always surpass my expectations.

Northside High School 5

Posted October 04, 2015
This is the most awesome school around. Great teachers, very resourceful, always make learning interesting for our child. This school was the main reason we bought a home in this area. Great football team, the best band director, Mr. Milton Powell, and a great group of people handing the boosters. I can't think of any school that I would even think about sending my child my child to. Thank you Northside High for the education and all the advantages you are helping my child with...

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 04, 2015
Milton Powell, thank you for giving my daughter the desire and courage to want to be the best she can be for you. Mrs. Goodman, thank u for stepping up and helping my child with the work she didn't get he other places. And Mr D. Greene thank you for making learning so much fun. She looks forward to your class every day...

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 04, 2015
My chid is I'm advance classes but she is not burdened to a point that she can't do the work

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted October 04, 2015
The band I know for sure has given my child confidence and something she is very passionate about. I love seeing this.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted October 04, 2015
They not only is taught respect but also mannerisms. It's a god country type school with old fashion type morals

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 04, 2015
This school not only developed honesty, integrity and fairness to our children, they SHOW it to them in every day use as they run this school...

Northside High School 5

Posted August 22, 2014
Northside HIgh School, Northport, AL is the only school in Northport I would want my child in. The school is one of the "FEW" in the state that you don't have armed police or guards! The students have more freedom then in most schools because the kids who attend the school are all trustworthy and basically GREAT kids.

Northside High School 4

Posted August 14, 2014
Northside High School is a great school, with only a few exceptions, the first being the placement of the importance of athletics before academics. Athletes are frequently excused from class and absolved from any wrongdoings because it would make the football, baseball, basketball, etc. team suffer. Additionally, I understand that drugs have become a problem with students (predominately athletes) as of late, a subject that is handled incredibly poorly (and most often ignored) by a weak administration that fears punishing star athletes. I sorely hope that county schools will follow in the footsteps of city schools and administer random drug tests to student drivers and especially athletes. While the administration of NHS may be shaky (save for the excellent counselor Mrs. Hudgins), the teachers are part of a rare breed, one that acknowledges the importance of communication and the construction of close, trusting relationships with students. I have heard great things about every teacher (for the most part), and as previously stated, NHS really is, at it's core, a fantastic school. I certainly believe that the pros outweigh the cons; I wouldn't want my son anywhere else.

Northside High School 2

Posted July 30, 2014
The school does not push the children to think outside the box. Itis very happy to be a average school and it is that way in everything from academics to sports, so sad.

19230 Northside Parkway, Northport, AL  35475
Last modified Northside High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.