Northport, AL

Posted August 22, 2014
Northside HIgh School, Northport, AL is the only school in Northport I would want my child in. The school is one of the "FEW" in the state that you don't have armed police or guards! The students have more freedom then in most schools because the kids who attend the school are all trustworthy and basically GREAT kids.

Northside High School 4

Posted August 14, 2014
Northside High School is a great school, with only a few exceptions, the first being the placement of the importance of athletics before academics. Athletes are frequently excused from class and absolved from any wrongdoings because it would make the football, baseball, basketball, etc. team suffer. Additionally, I understand that drugs have become a problem with students (predominately athletes) as of late, a subject that is handled incredibly poorly (and most often ignored) by a weak administration that fears punishing star athletes. I sorely hope that county schools will follow in the footsteps of city schools and administer random drug tests to student drivers and especially athletes. While the administration of NHS may be shaky (save for the excellent counselor Mrs. Hudgins), the teachers are part of a rare breed, one that acknowledges the importance of communication and the construction of close, trusting relationships with students. I have heard great things about every teacher (for the most part), and as previously stated, NHS really is, at it's core, a fantastic school. I certainly believe that the pros outweigh the cons; I wouldn't want my son anywhere else.

Northside High School 2

Posted July 30, 2014
The school does not push the children to think outside the box. Itis very happy to be a average school and it is that way in everything from academics to sports, so sad.

Northside High School 1

Posted August 16, 2012
I am a former student of Northside High School, I graduated with a 3.6 GPA. At the time i thought that was pretty good, untill I got to college. I found out my 3.6 GPA would probably been about a 1.5 at any other school. Northside did absolutly NOTHING to prepare me for college. If you just moved to the Samantha area and are thinking of enrolling your kids here, for their future DON'T. Talking with other people now that went to other high schools I see how much I missed.

Posted April 18, 2012
As a parent of two children that have had the experience and pleasure of attending Northside High School, I have to say it is one of the best kept secrets in Tuscaloosa. The staff and leadership of the school are outstanding. They take time to know each child by name and provide support in and out of the school. My oldest child is now in college,and it is not uncommon for her to visit NHS and get help from her high school teachers on areas that she may need clarification in. How many schools can say they have that type of resources? We go to an event and the Principal and staff ask about her on a first name basis and have a true concern for her and my 11th grader there. It has been a blessing beyond all measure! We choose this community as our children reached school age and we are so fortunate that God lead us in this direction. Excellent leadership, great teachers and a community that may not all agree at times, but stands by one another in a time of need!

Posted August 17, 2008

Posted January 22, 2007
Northside is lacking when it comes to extracurricular activities but we have a very small student population. If there were more interest in other extracurricular activities there is no doubt in my mind that the outstanding faculty at Northside would do anything in there power to get us what we wanted! Northside is a small school so it does have it's down side but the pros outweigh the cons by a ton! With the exception of the Special Education Teachers, and Football and Baseball coaches there are twenty-two teachers at Northside! I can speak for all but four. So by personal experience alone I can tell you about eighteen of the outstanding, caring, and well involved teachers at Northside! People move across the county to have there children go to Northside! If I could recommend any school in Tuscaloosa County, including private schools, I would more than happily recommend Northide High!

Posted July 25, 2006
I LOVE going to Northside! I would never want to go to any other high school. Mr. Patrick and Coach Beasley are great and our entire staff is awesome.

Posted June 08, 2005
I had the opportunity to do my teaching internship at Northside High School. It truly is a great school. The kids are caring and very intellegent, the faculty and staff are extremely friendly and helpful and the overall atmosphere is welcoming and sincere. If I had children, they would definitely go to Northside. ~ Mrs. Dodd

Posted May 05, 2005
Northside High School is a great school to go to, i would never send my kids anywhere else.

Northside High School
19230 Northside Parkway, Northport, AL  35475
Last modified Northside High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northside High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top