Posted June 09, 2014
I love this school. Mrs. Monroe and the teachers are fantastic. I went to the school as a child and made sure we bought a home in this school zone for my child. I know several other people who went here and now have children attending the school who are just as happy as I am.

Faucett-Vestavia Elementary School 3

Posted December 17, 2013
This is a good School. I have multiple children who have gone here. I also have friends who have children who went to this school years ago. I do think that there is an atmosphere of fun learning. They have traditions at that school that are looked forward to by the children like the fall festival, the Veterans day celebration, and Turkey Trot. These are all traditions that have been around a while. I'm glad that the current Principal keeps them. I wish she would bring something new and positive to the table herself. The Current Principal is my issue. My children have loved this school and their teachers. The Principle has an unfriendly demeanor. She seems to control to the point of bully some of her staff and PTO. She does it in a passive aggressive way. If you look past her you have a good school. The parents involvement is great! The Parents and Teachers really make the school great for the kids.

Posted October 29, 2010
Unlike the prior review, I have a child with special needs who is INCLUDED (mainstreamed is an offensive 1980s term) and has wonderful special education support. I also have a neuro-typical/advanced child. Both thrive at FVES. The teachers are warm and well-trained -- very little turnover! The principal is always accessible. It is the perfect small school PLUS there is REAL diversity here. A rarity in the schools in T-Town.

Faucett-Vestavia Elementary School 1

Posted May 26, 2009

Faucett-Vestavia Elementary School 3

Posted March 23, 2007
My child was mainstreamed taking special ed classes only once per day. we have lost a whole year of teaching my child and I wonder if he will ever reach his potential again. He will not be attending this school next year. It seems like the special ed class is not included with the other school activities.

Faucett-Vestavia Elementary School 4

Posted May 21, 2006
This is a wonderful neighborhood school. The PTA and community are very involved.

Posted August 22, 2003
Phenomenal! I could not recommend a higher quality elementary school. The administration and staff give 110% in all areas. The most congenital group of professionals you will ever be a part of.

Faucett-Vestavia Elementary School
1150 Vestavia Circle, Northport, AL  35473
Last modified Faucett-Vestavia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Faucett-Vestavia Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top