Bad
Good

Faucett-Vestavia is a wonderful school. It had been a great school already when our older son attended it. Since then, the Seven-Habits-Program has been introduced, and while I was skeptical about this program at first, it had and continues to have very positive impacts on the whole school. Team-work, high expectations for every kid, skilled and motivated teachers combined with a warm and welcoming atmosphere and an active PTO that organizes several events and activities each year, make it a fabulous place to learn and develop great social skills. The school building is very nicely decorated inside even the bathrooms have been painted and decorated. The principal welcomes the kids in the entryway each morning. Educational field trips, projects and science fairs contribute to the student s academic success. I can highly recommend this school.

Mrs. Monroe is a strict principal; however, she is very caring. This school is a high point in my daughters education to date as it prepared her for normal middle school challenges without taking away the experience of being a child and having fun. I wish that she could handle more and take on the middle school!!! Overall the teaching staff is excellent and did a fantastic job with both my children, I highly recommend this school and the area to other parents.

I love this school. Mrs. Monroe and the teachers are fantastic. I went to the school as a child and made sure we bought a home in this school zone for my child. I know several other people who went here and now have children attending the school who are just as happy as I am.

This is a good School. I have multiple children who have gone here. I also have friends who have children who went to this school years ago. I do think that there is an atmosphere of fun learning. They have traditions at that school that are looked forward to by the children like the fall festival, the Veterans day celebration, and Turkey Trot. These are all traditions that have been around a while. I'm glad that the current Principal keeps them. I wish she would bring something new and positive to the table herself. The Current Principal is my issue. My children have loved this school and their teachers. The Principle has an unfriendly demeanor. She seems to control to the point of bully some of her staff and PTO. She does it in a passive aggressive way. If you look past her you have a good school. The parents involvement is great! The Parents and Teachers really make the school great for the kids.

Faucett Vestavia is an awesome school. All parents should get involved. There are so many ways to get involved like helping with duty free lunch, joining PTO and participating in meeting and setting up before or after events. All staff members make this a great, safe place for our children.

Unlike the prior review, I have a child with special needs who is INCLUDED (mainstreamed is an offensive 1980s term) and has wonderful special education support. I also have a neuro-typical/advanced child. Both thrive at FVES. The teachers are warm and well-trained -- very little turnover! The principal is always accessible. It is the perfect small school PLUS there is REAL diversity here. A rarity in the schools in T-Town.

My child was mainstreamed taking special ed classes only once per day. we have lost a whole year of teaching my child and I wonder if he will ever reach his potential again. He will not be attending this school next year. It seems like the special ed class is not included with the other school activities.

Last modified Faucett-Vestavia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.