Ohatchee Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
OES is a great school with a lot of great teachers. The kids here are very nice and respectful. Having been in three different schools in our 5 years of school this one is by far the best. One big issue I have is no open house this entire year and the PTA is like a secret society we never know when they meet.

Ohatchee Elementary School 3

Posted August 18, 2010
THe great scores are for the former principal. There is a new principal and it has changed beware. They do not want parents involved we have been in school for a year and we have not seen one notice on the PTA or when they meet. There are destinctive click and they run the place.

Ohatchee Elementary School 1

Posted August 26, 2009
Reading all the reviews about OES on this site is VERY misleading! But after taking a second look I now know why...they are OLD REVIEWS! The school is not at all like the claims made below. All but about 3 of the teachers are rude and don't even bother to say hello to you. I was so happy thinking my daughter starting school in this smaller country school would be lovely for her but instead it is a huge dissapointment for our family. The staff acts as if they are fearful of the principal and walk around like robots with no emotion. I am looking into home schooling until we can move to a better school district with teachers who wanted that degree instead of went for the one easiest to obtain! Shame on you all at OES

Ohatchee Elementary School 1

Posted November 14, 2008
We recently moved to this school district and have had nothing but problems. From bullying to failing grades. Our kids 10 and 8 were a and b honor roll children before. Some teacher avoid you. The school is closed so you cant go in and observe your children in the classroom. We have a conference with the principle and a teacher today. If something dosent give I am seriously considering homeschooling.

Ohatchee Elementary School 0

Posted April 18, 2008
I absolutley love OES! I have a kindergartener and a fourth grader this year and they love everything there is about their school. I love the fact that Mrs. Winn not only knows each child by name but she has never shown favortism to any one child. All of the kids there are treated the same...great. I wouldnt want my kids going any where else...Traci Henderson

Posted March 15, 2008

Ohatchee Elementary School 0

Posted November 05, 2007
I love this school.There are great teachers here that truely care about our children learning all they can.

Posted August 22, 2007
where do i start...OES is hands down the best all around school. i have 4 children. 2 attending now, 1 that moved to high school this year & 1 that will start next year. Mrs.Winn & all the faculty & staff are dedicated to each child individually as if they were there own. they far exceed all expectations. i am truly in awe of the everyone involved at OES. my kids have the opportunity of their lives attending this school that is dedicated to academics, honesty, pride & self-worth. every child is valued as an individual & not just as a whole. no one falls through cracks & truly NO CHILD IS LEFT BEHIND! just because you graduate OES, they're not done with you. they will continue to help you grow to your full potential throughout the years. at OES...the sky is the limit!!!

Posted May 10, 2006
My daughter is in K-5 this year. My opinion of the public school system, especially at Ohatchee, was not good before my daughter started. After being involved this year there is no where else I would send my children. Mrs. Winn and staff are of the highest quality. They insist on parent involvement which is great for our kids motivation. They also insist the kids do their best but have fun. Safety is another factor that seriously impressed me. They go out of their way to make your child safe in any situation. I love OES and look forward to the many years to come. Roll tribe roll!!! Sherrie Bryant

Posted February 25, 2006
Ohatchee Elementary is the best!! I have two children enrolled at OES, one in K-5 and one in 5th grade. Both of my children have excelled in academics. I attribute this to Mrs. Winn and the staff of OES for all of their support, caring and devotion to their students. Mrs. Winn is the best principal because she strives to see that each student is a 'star polisher' and not only reaches goals as a child but also she encourages each student to plan for their future. 'Roll Tribe Roll' Wendy Roberts

Ohatchee Elementary School
365 J St, Ohatchee, AL  36271
Last modified Ohatchee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ohatchee Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top