Opelika, AL
Students enrolled: 1,268

Posted March 28, 2014
Opelika is an incredible place for kids to learn and grow. The programs they offer the students are first class. Their Fine Arts, Athletics, and Career Tech programs add to the overall experience the kids get from great teachers in the classrooms.

Posted March 21, 2014
My school is a great school to attend. Opelika has definitely prepared me for my college career. I am a graduate of the 2012 class. The arts and athletic programs at the school are truly remarkable. The teachers definitely care for the students and provide a great learning environment for all students. Anyone can excel at Opelika because the faculty and staff are very supportive. My graduating class received over 4.1 million in scholarships. We could not have done it without Opelika nurturing us during our time there.

Posted October 21, 2009
Opelika HS is a great school. The faculty and staff do a remarkable job every day with students. They are very effective and caring about the students and programs there. It is one of the 'better' schools i the state and region.

Opelika High School 3

Posted October 09, 2009
The school itself has many leaks and broken walls. Many of the teachers are very 'set in their ways' so non conventional students and parents have some issues. T lot of the teachers are very good at teaching and do everything in their power to help students. The school does have a great football program, as well as band, choir groups, and theater. All in all the school is a good school but it does have problems

Opelika High School 4

Posted February 04, 2009
Opelika High School is a great school, but there are some down sides. It has great theater, band, and football program, and great classes; however, the need for repair is great and 'proration' isn't exactly helping in that area.

Posted August 01, 2008
I was raised in Opelika City Schools along with my 6 siblings. My four children were educated in Opelika City Schools. I also teach in OCS. There is no better place for those who value a good education. Opelika always goes far beyond what is required to give our kids a first class education. I am proud to say we strongly believe in Opelika City Schools.

Posted July 02, 2008
I have lived in Opelika for six years now. Before coming to Opelika my children attended a school system that was not supported by the city government nor was it supported by the people of the city. 'Opelikians' stand firmly behind its schools. Financially, the city makes a large annual apporpriation. The city also supports the schools' by providing assistance from it many departments - ladder trucks from the fire department to help with the annual egg drop competition by the OHS physics classes, the police and fire investigators assist with the Forensic Science classes, the police teach DARE to all elementary students, etc. The school offers a variety of electives including visual and performing arts, career technical courses, and 3 foreign languages up through level 5. Academically, OHS offers Advanced Placement (AP) courses in each of the core areas. Honors level courses are also offered. Dual enrollment is available.

Posted May 11, 2008
Opelika High School has a great variety of activities to allow students of all talents and abilities to participate. There are opportunities for high achievers to excel, and opportunities for those who need help to receive it. I am very pleased with the education my children are receiving at Opelika High School.

Posted September 24, 2007
Opelika is the greatest school that i have ever attended. i have gone to beaurgard and a private school and I would definatley choose Opelika over any of them. We have so many things to choose from that any person from any different background can be apart of! Its a wonderful school to be a part of!

Posted August 04, 2006
I attend opelika high school and i think its a great school.it has a lot of fun activites for the students to do. for example im in band. band is awesome. it gives you a chance to go places instead of sitting at home doing nothing.and this year we are going to washington dc.and opelika high is a great schoolto attend.

1700 Lafayette Parkway, Opelika, AL  36801
Last modified Opelika High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Opelika High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top