Beauregard High School

Public | 8-12 | 630 students

Posted August 4, 2014

This school is a great school to be apart of and attend. I went through the entire system from Beauregard elementary to middle school and on to Beauregard high school. It's great that this high school has a Principal who stands for God and good morals. This school is ever growing and ever becoming better and is a great place to be.

Posted April 25, 2014

I personally enjoy the variety of classes offered at Beauregard, but the scheduling is usually difficult for the honors students. Many of the teachers are friendly and helpful, but a few of them are not very knowledgeable about communication with needy children. These areas aren't problematic; however, the school buildings are in desperate need. One of our hallways is so broken down that it leaks (through the light fixture!) every time it rains. If there is any school that needs a financial help, it is Beauregard High School. But the classes still have great qualities.

Posted August 26, 2009

I grew up in beauregard schools all my life till the time i turned 17 when i dropped out. The students and teachers really try and work together to make the school a safe place to learn. I can't even remember a time where we didn't feel safe. I just wish i would have paid more attation to the faculty more than what i did. They did their best by me . They took their time to work with me when i didn't understand something, also was very patient with me when i acted out till they had no choice to tell me not to come back . If you are a student and reading this don't do like i did if u wanna know how i was just ask Mr. brown about Joshua morrison also thank you Mr. Brown .. I now attend Austin Peay State University in Clarksville Tennessee

Posted September 9, 2008

I am an alumnus of Beauregard High School, Class of 2007. Beauregard is an excellent school and prepared me wonderfully for college. I now attend Auburn University, where I am major in Secondary Education. The teachers and classes at Beauregard prepared me for college classes and have allowed me to maintain a 3.5 GPA here at Auburn. The teachers and staff genuinely care about each student and do all that they can to make their school safe and prepare them for life outside of Beauregard. Beauregard is truly and excellent school. Go Hornets!

Posted September 5, 2008

I am a parent that has lived in the Beauregard community for almost 20 years. My children have been in the schools for 10 years. It is a little different from the schools that I attended. I really hope the teachers of this fine school will continue to teach to the best of their gift and ability. Also, not forgetting that each child may learn differently. Teachers continue to be as creative in the teaching process as possible, remembering that we should all treat others in the way that we would want to be treated. I feel we all have something to offer in all of our children's positive learning experience. Keep Up the Great Work!!! Go Hornets.

Posted May 21, 2007

I have just completed my Junior year at Beauregard High School. I have been in this community my whole life and couldn't ask for a better one. I love my school, faculty, and friends. I have received an excellent education that I believe will take me far. Much of the faculty are graduates of the school. I appreciate all the Mr. Brown and the faculty does for us.

Posted August 6, 2006

I am currently a senior at Beauregard High School. I have loved the education I have recieved here, and believe it to be one of the best in the area. Although we may not have the best funding, or the most electives, we have a great faculty. We also have a sense of safeness and closeness which you don't experience at a bigger school. I know almost all my fellow students names. We are more than a 'country school', we are truly a great school that continues to improve. '07

Posted November 7, 2005

I am a student of Beauregard High School. I have never been around so many teachers who work as hard or care as much as the ones who make up the staff of Beauregard High School. I get a good education and tie in today's society with what I have learned. I recieve a wonderful education and appreciate the work the staff does. The principal does a great job of running the school, and keeping a peaceful and appropriate learning environment.

Posted October 24, 2005

This is a great school,however I wish there were more electives that we had to choose from.We have a great staff and an awsome principal!- Go Hornets!

Posted August 5, 2005

Beauregard High School may lack certain things that larger schools can offer, such as more extracurricular activites and fancier football fields, but the staff and the education do not fall short. They have excellent teachers and staff, many of whom are available before and after school to help students with problems. Beauregard does not have as many saftey issues as the larger local schools. There aren't as many problems with bullies and gangs. Many of the students attend school from kindergarten to graduation together. They become more like family than just classmates. I would recommend Beauregard High to anyone who has children they want to see grow up in a loving, caring community.

Posted August 1, 2005

This school is definitely improving every year and could be better. But overall this school is nice. It could definitely have more extracurricular activities. But the chorus program really needs improvement.

Posted May 26, 2005

I have lived in the Beauregard area all my life, and I have attended school here for thirteen years; this by far is the best school in the area. No, we may not have as much money as Opelika, Auburn, or Smith Station, but our students are hard-working people and our teachers go beyond their call of duty. The stay here not for the money(we all know they don't get paid enough), but they stay to further our education. Our facilities aren't in top shape, but our educational programs and teachers are above average. For those who say that our school is a 'Joke', I challenge you to find one person in our graduating class of 2005 who doesnt have an oppurtunity to go to college in the fall. You will probably not find one. We take great pride in our school, teachers, and our 'Country' education we receive.We're the best!

Posted March 20, 2005

As a graduate of BHS (2002)and current college student, I can say that I enjoyed my time there. It is a very good school, and the teachers encourage furthering one's education. The facilities are improving every year. However, if this site is correct, our SAT scores in mathematics are not as competitive as they should be. Reading is good, but should be better. Beauregard lacks a sense of unity, but does have a great deal of pride. Go Hornets!Show the naysayers, be the best.-Jeff Nolin Class of 2002

Posted January 30, 2005

I am currently a Junior at Beauregard High School. Although many individuals may think differently about BHS, it is truly a wonderful place to learn and grow as a young adult. I would prefer no other place to attend school. **Go Lady Hornets Basketball!**

Posted January 27, 2005

I attended Beauregard from 1989-2002 and I am thankful that I lived in the area where I couldn't have attended another school. As for the person who said the facilities are horrid, you must be blind or haven't seen the new additions to the baseball field, or the gym floor, and our front office is one of the nicest I have ever seen. The looks of the facilities are not important, it's whats inside(the faculty) and the education you receive while you are there. BHS is blessed with wonderful teachers and other faculty members that makes BHS a great school. Erica Chandler

Posted November 26, 2004

I went to Beauregard from grades k-3 I thought the school was okay but i have been to 2 other schools since then i rank Bearegard 3rd, Smiths Station 2nd and Opeliak 1st...Opelika is the school i am currently attending and they are the best..Go Dawgs!

Posted November 1, 2004

This school is an absolute joke. The faculty are lacking and the facilities are horrid. If you want the best education for your children look at Auburn High or Opelika High. Those are head and shoulders above this school.

Posted September 10, 2004

I went to Beauregard for 13 years and loved every minute of it. There are wonderful faculty and staff there. (Richard Brown)(Mrs. Brown) (Kelleigh Meredith) Go Hornets!

Posted July 14, 2004

I have been going to Beauregard High School for two years now. I have found that this school is one of the best schools in our county. This school has a great principal (Richard Brown).

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 80% in 2013.

Scale: % level 3 or 4

In 2012-2013 Alabama used the Alabama Reading and Mathematics Test (ARMT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math. The ARMT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Alabama. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

All Studentsn/a

Not migrantn/a
Povertyn/a
Not povertyn/a
Scale: % level 3 or 4

The different student groups are identified by the Alabama Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 95% in 2013.

Language

The state average for Language was 76% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 86% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 72% in 2013.

Scale: % passing

In 2012-2013 Alabama used the Alabama High School Graduation Exam (AHSGE) to test high school students in reading, math, language, biology and social studies. High school students must pass the AHSGE in order to graduate. The AHSGE is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Alabama. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 98% in 2013.

Language

The state average for Language was 91% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 95% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 94% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 88% in 2013.

All Students97%

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 55%N/A56%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

7343 Al Hwy 51