Posted June 05, 2014
Let me first state that I went to Oxford from K-12 and am now graduating from college. I have a little brother that is currently in first grade so I now have a point of view from an outside angle. OHS is an amazing school. Basically, as long as you don't do drugs, you can get away with many things. The only ones who complain are those who do drugs, are in/want to be in gangs, or are just general typical teenage rebels. The parents who complain are those who feel like they should be entitled. As long as you behave (to the rules that are super easy to follow) and give a tiny bit of effort, you'll succeed. It doesn't matter where you're from or what color you are. If you just be a good person in general, you'll be fine.

Oxford High School 1

Posted May 15, 2014
Oxford spanked 17 girls that were in their senior year. why? dress code violation. need I say more? stay away.

Posted May 27, 2013
Oxford High School is an amazing school! The teachers are excellent and really care about helping students reach goals and excel academically. If a student actually puts forth an effort and lets the teacher know they have a desire to learn, they will bend over backwards to help you. I love OHS! Go Jackets!

Oxford High School 3

Posted December 10, 2012
You know, I've been attending this school(just Oxford in general) for 5 years now. Sure, it's nice, but to a certain extent. Great buildings? Yes. Good sports teams? Yes(that's what we're known for). Great band? Welllllll, it's decent. Good Fine Arts Program? They could do more for it. As a member of the Sound of Champions, and a theatre student, more can be done for the Fine Arts. Oxford needs to stop spending so much money on the sports teams and the buildings.

Oxford High School 2

Posted December 08, 2012
I wish I could grow taller than four feet. I have chronic halitosis. I can't teach any subject nor am I qualified so I have health class. I get angry sometimes so I bully students. I coach Baseball

Oxford High School 1

Posted October 17, 2012
I ont get this schoo. We caint have culur hur N we aint able to dress the way we wont. I WANNA BRING SOME FRIED CHIKN from chik-fil-a but i caint. i aint got time to change bags N ish. thayz foozball teem is da mayne focuz of tha schoo. Dont lye. I just wanna sho my baby daddi my true culurz N i caint!!!! I l0VE MY BABII!! B0RN AUGUST 2, 2012!! <3 I AIN'T EVEN G0T TIME TO SEE MY BABI, CAUSE THEY W0NT LET ME LEAVE EARLY!!!!

Posted February 02, 2012
Trinity has staff that really care about the students and go the extra mile to ensure academic and social success! It is well rounded, offering sports and fine arts opportunities.

Posted January 05, 2012
I'm currently a Freshman at OHS, sure they're strict, but I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. Yes, we do have an amazing football team. But that's not what ALL of OHS' focus is on. Our teachers have very HIGH standards in academics, because they know we can do anything when we try. I think the biggest issue at OHS is the dress code. Sure, I don't understand it sometimes, but they just want to make us teachable. OHS is an amazing school. Even if students say they hate it and can't wait to get out of there, they know they're going to miss it like crazy when they graduate and go off to college. I love OHS, and I'm a PROUD Yellow Jacket!!! GO BIG O! :)

Posted April 11, 2011
I have read ALL of the comments about OHS posted here, and generally speaking, they are POSITIVE--because Oxford IS a great learning environment for students. The toughest day-to-day problem we have is dress code violations. Compare that to OTHER schools, which have drug and gang problems, low academic standards, and high dropout rates. If you you come here, be ready to be challenged intellectually. Our #1 focus is NOT the football team. The parents and students who rated this school poorly are probably those who wanted to do things THEIR way, and when they were reminded of the school rules, they complained. You know, if you don't like OHS, then leave. We don't need your negativity. OHS is not perfect--NO SCHOOL IS PERFECT--but OHS IS a school that cares about students' learning. If you want something else from a school, then you can search elsewhere and I'm sure you'll find it. GO JACKETS!!!

Posted July 23, 2010
I am currently a student at Oxford High Scool. I want to comment on all of the harsh reviews by other students. It really upset me that someone would call our school "Hell on Earth" or say that we are treated as criminals!! Obviously these students are the ones that stay in trouble and only find relief by bashing the amazing reputation of our teachers and academics. Whoever said Mr.Holladay is a bully is totally wrong. He is very patient and encouraging. You want to call him out on being strict? You try dealing with that many teenagers on a daily basis. You go around causing riots in his hallways and you are going to get on his bad side. I will say no more about this. I just completely disagree. I am SUPER proud of my school and suggest it to anyone.

Oxford High School
915 Stewart St, Oxford, AL  36203
Last modified Oxford High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oxford High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 73 reviews. Top