Oxford, AL

Posted April 06, 2015
Great School. All of Oxford Schools are top notch and have high test scores! Highly Recommended.

Oxford Middle School 2

Posted March 18, 2008
Teachers are great, but the admin is bad from the top down. They are more interested in numbers than students. They make decisions that keep teachers from doing what they were trained to do. Teachers are frustrated and are leaving in recird numbers. That should tell you something.

Oxford Middle School 2

Posted March 01, 2007
My daughter goes to Oxford Middle School. She's in the seventh grade. She likes just about all of the school except for the way they go about things. I would have to agree with her that they are making very bad choices. They've changed everything since the beginning of the school year, and everyone's getting sick of it. Oxford School System is fine, but the middle school is ridiculous!

Posted January 02, 2007
Oxford Middle School is a great school. Oxford city schools has a great athletic program.

Posted August 11, 2005
There have been many changes at Oxford Middle School since this data was updated. The school is now 7th-8th only. There are about 730 students. Several teacher units have been added this year to reduce class sizes. I honestly feel that the faculty is the best around. They are academically minded, bur never forget the human aspect. After a couple of years of rapid growth, the system is making adjustments to make Oxford Middle the best place it can be. I have seen some wonderful things from the new Superintendent, and am looking forward to many more. Their special education program is wonderful! In short, it is the best middle/jr. high school in this area.

Posted August 02, 2005
My daughter has been in the Oxford City School System since Kindergarten. I like the school system as a whole but do not like the favoritism that is played. The teachers are very political and fair treatment of all students is not recognized. Would also like to see notes sent home about the childs conduct from ALL teachers. Conduct in general would improve if the Parent could know how their child was acting at school and could be corrected at home. Extracurricular activities are fine. Would like to see more after school programs for those who need a place to stay after school is out. (not just for those through the sixth grade). Thank you.

Posted July 07, 2005
I used to go to Oxford Middle for my 6th grade year half of 7th and 8th. I transferred to Alexandria High and all I can say is I just wish I was back at Oxford. I loved it. Now Im going into the ninth grade and at alexandria that is the grade which everybody starts partying...I miss Oxford sooo much!! It's a really fun and educational school. So for the parents that are planning on moving to Oxford, I would consider Oxofrd Middle a really great school...Good Luck!

Oxford Middle School

Posted January 23, 2005
I have a child that attends Oxford Middle School and I know that there are well over 1000 students instead of 812. 30 children per class in most cases. Poor student/teacher ratio.

Posted March 14, 2004
Wonderful school due to the principal, and assistant principals. Approximately 99% of the teachers are there to help the kids learn. It is rare to see this quality in teachers these days. My son feels very safe at this school. I would highly recommend this school to any family moving into the Oxford/Coldwater area.

Posted September 27, 2003
Great discipline of students and great leadership from the prinicipal and staff. Principal insures that there is a safe learning environment for the students.

Oxford Middle School
1750 Hwy 78 West, Oxford, AL  36203
Last modified Oxford Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oxford Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top