Ozark, AL

Posted December 25, 2013
D. A. Smith is not somewhere I would recommend sending your children! There is bullying that isn't dealt with. The teachers pass kids just to pass them, and if they don't score high enough they are allowed to correct them. The grades are a joke. Even exams have open book tests. Your child will not learn a thing at this school!

Posted June 02, 2013
My school is D,A. Smith-I am not satisfied at all, my child has ADHD and should have been tested and offered programs (504 or IEP) to help him and I didn't even know about them until I received information from an outside source. Now I am being told he has failed. Why don't Ozark City Schools want to use the programs that are suppose to be implemented as directed by the state?

Posted January 11, 2013
Nightmare of a school!!! Poor leadership! Bullying by some teachers and staff! An all around disappointment where the children's educations are suffering.

Posted April 07, 2012
I have been extremely disappointed with this joke of a school. The lack of discipline by the staff is obvious at every school event. This school is full of gang activity. The kids running track had gang signs spray painted on it for weeks before anything was done to fix this. You can not walk down the halls without hearing constant profanity and students throwing gang signs. The amount of bullying is ridiculous and constant. The teachers play music during class filled with profanity and suggestive lyrics. The majority of the teachers are glorified babysitters. The gang activity that goes on in this school (11 yr olds - 13 yr olds) is sad and continuous with no consequences. My children will no longer attend Ozark City Schools at the end of this year. They are not being educated and I fear for my daughter's safety every time she walks into this school. If the school does not make major changes, these students will not be educated or prepared for life. If the school continues down this path it is only a matter of time before a tragic event occurs.

Posted March 23, 2011
i am not pleased at all with this school.my daughter has had so many problems with bullying and NOTHING has been done.i have even gone to the guidance counseller and the principle also.my daughter has even taken the steps to do this herself.they talk about a no tolerence for bullying.the counseller even told me that my daughter shouldn't come to see her to often because people will start asking questions.how can our children get a proper education with these kind of people running the school.she will soon leave that joke of a school and attened a a better one. i hope eventually they start practicing what they preach but i think they have a long way to go on that one

Posted August 22, 2010
We are not pleased with DA in the least bit. Change is definitely needed for our children to recieve an appropriate education. The first change should be with our superintindent. It is sad to say that the superintindent has chosen to put saving money before what is educationally appropriate for our children. The best thing Ozark City Schools could do is to get rid of our current superintindent. He is bringing our children down!

Posted May 29, 2009
This has been a very good year for my child this year and we look forward to next term. I would like to request the administration please give the 7th and 8th graders back their break time. I don't understand why it was discontinued for these two groups and only at D.A. Smith. All other schools have break for everyone. You know it makes for a long day when you don't get a break and a lot of children don't get breakfast. By break time they are pretty hungry. Please give them back their break time. It is also a time of being with friends and they need the social interaction as much as the food. Thank you.

D A Smith Middle School 5

Posted May 10, 2009

Posted March 26, 2009
We have had a wonderful experience in our first year at D.A Smith Middle School! The instructors have gone above and beyond the call of duty to ensure learning and safety are top priority. The administration works to highlight individual students success and build leadership skills throughout the entire student body. We are also excited about the gym and building renovations beginning soon. The active PTO is working on plans to improve the schoolgrounds. The relatively new Superintendent has implemented school improvement, safety, and dress for success plans that have made a positve affect on our entire school system. It is a great time to be an Ozark Eagle and we are looking forward to a bright future.

Posted March 24, 2009
This is my daughters first year at DA Smith and it has been one of the best years she has had. They offer so many opportunities for the students and parents to become involved in the school. I also appreciate the efforts that they make to recognize students for their successes and encourage them to always do their best. I am excited about renovations being made to the gymnasium and look forward to two more years of doing what I can do to support my child and the school.

D A Smith Middle School
994 Andrews Ave, Ozark, AL  36360
Last modified D A Smith Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
D A Smith Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top