Pelham, AL
Students enrolled: 1,743

Pelham High School 4

Posted April 13, 2010
I really enjoyed my time at PHS i never really encountered more then 1 bad teacher. She is still there i believe. All 4 years were good except the typical freshman crap. But overall it was fun and a great place to learn

Pelham High School 4

Posted September 16, 2009
Not too bad. Like most schools the worst thing is tenure. There are somegreat teachers at Pelham and there are some that should be fired. Yes, I agree that too much emphasis is put on the football team and a cheerleading squad that rarely cheers. More recognition should be given to academic achievement as well as other sports and arts. But I guess that is the culture that we live in. I have had 2 children go through Pelham, one thrived the other had to transfer as it was just way too clickish. All in all a pretty good school.

Posted July 13, 2009
Phs has poor administration. Admin picks on unimportant things in students' day to harrass them. Teacher quality overall is very good. Athletic and arts programs well supported by community and parents.

Pelham High School 2

Posted December 17, 2008

Pelham High School 1

Posted August 29, 2008

Posted August 02, 2008
Im going to the 11th grade at pelham and i absolutely despise it my first year there was the worst that a freshman could ever go through they say pelham is the best school you can go to in alabama but i beg to differ i would rather go to alternative school the rest of my school year than to go to pelham. Its based on popularity and less things that's not important to a straight A studens such as football if i could rate this school on a scale from 1 to 10 i would rate it a 0

Posted May 08, 2008
What is so bad about Pelham is that the teachers don't want anything to do with you really. This is my first year at PHS. Im in 10th grade. And this was the biggest mistake of my life. I should have never agreed to come to this school. I went from being a straight 'A' student in honors classes to I doubt i'm going to be passing this year. People are sort of friendly. It really depends who you are though. Football is the only thing that is on everyone's mind. I play tennis and we didn't even get our picture in the yearbook! It says nothing about a tennis team whatsoever.

Pelham High School 2

Posted May 05, 2008
I have not been very happy with Pelham High School. The administration does not really care what parents think and allows the staff to make decisions that should be made by the administration. As a military spouse I wished I would have checked out the City of Pelham more throughly before moving here. Living all over the country I have certainly seen much better High Schools. Pelham is mediocre at best!

Pelham High School 1

Posted December 13, 2007

Pelham High School 5

Posted August 08, 2007
This is the best school i've ever been to- and i've been to a lot of schools. The staff is extremely friendly! the first day as a freshman that school is huge but they helped me soo much and, even the older students helped me!

Pelham High School
2500 Panther Circle, Pelham, AL  35124
Last modified Pelham High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pelham High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top